Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buffbeggars are ruining my game!

Originally posted by Chtonian

And i find it annoying that you insult us MPs by calling it whining,
    while you admit, even you(Soldier) need our buffs
    I would have ZERO problems if FC would make our Buffs self only.
    ( I'm playing MP not for being a "Buff-Trader" )

And oh... how do you cast these buffs if no one ask for them ?
    ( if you mean just in team - no one charge in team )

"It is like a millionaire complaining that no one wants his money." ???
    what has it to do with MPs who dont like to be "buffing machines" ?
    ( so the beggar even dont bother to say"hi" )
    Just about EVERY profession except YOU (MPs and Traders actually) require your buffs to use their highest nanos BY DESIGN. So YES, you were added as a "buff machine" on purpose. Otherwise they would have to reduce the requirement on all high level nanos by 140 pts.

Re: Buffbeggars are ruining my game!

Originally posted by Annilymk
    I play an MP closing in on lvl 100 and I have a problem that I want your help with. I have been buffing complete strangers for some months now (nobody tips me and I don't bother demanding) and it's getting quite annoying to the degree that I actually avoid crowded areas. I like the MP's gameplay so a reroll is out of the question. I understand that MA's, Traders etc have similar problems.

I need some input on if I should make a macro, politely refusing or other.

1. Augh go away N00b. (very rude)
    2. /ignore %t (also a bit rude)
    3. polite tell explaining why I won't buff them
    4. Grit my teeth and continue buffing the beggars
    5. Reroll to a NT (nobody beggs an NT right?)

Vitnirs
    Hehe, play an agent see how many tells you get asking you to go FP <insert prof>. Or, get asked into a team just so you can wrangle 1 or 2 people then get kicked out of the team. And not get a tip......
    These days, I try to avoid cities like the plague.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

whiners, you should buff noobies for free and be happy about it.

Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi

sorry just sick and tired of this game

Originally posted by Wrob
    whiners, you should buff noobies for free and be happy about it.

Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi Nubi

sorry just sick and tired of this game
    dont you you think, calling ppl. "whiners" ( "whine" ) is rude ?
    I'm not tired of the game itself,
    but i'm tired of rude ppl. indeed

I'm not whining, i just inform ppl.,
    and i explain ( try to explain ) why i dont buff sometimes.
    Thats all !

I'll buff who i like, and when i like.
    Sure friends and team members get buffs allways and for free,
    others - only if i like how they ask. period

dont you you think, calling ppl. "whiners" ( "whine" ) is rude ?
    I'm not tired of the game itself,
    but i'm tired of rude ppl. indeed

I'm not whining, i just inform ppl.,
    and i explain ( try to explain ) why i dont buff sometimes.
    Thats all !

I'll buff who i like, and when i like.
    Sure friends and team members get buffs allways and for free,
    others - only if i like how they ask. period
    Nothing wrong with that at all. No one is forcing you to buff anyone. Just remember, the game was designed so just about everyone was dependent on your profession. You should be honored

Originally posted by Meligant

Just about EVERY profession except YOU (MPs and Traders actually) require your buffs to use their highest nanos BY DESIGN. So YES, you were added as a "buff machine" on purpose. Otherwise they would have to reduce the requirement on all high level nanos by 140 pts.
    allrighty, so i inform ppl.,
    there are some "machines" around which would not buff every stranger
    And i'm not alone.
    I have no problems, if a doc, trader or agent dont buff me,
    i will not ask again ( "hallooooo?" like many ppl. do ),
    and sure first i try to find soneone who offers buffs on channels.
    Others should do the same.
    And like it has been said above -
    there is not any class in game, that would not survive
    without other classes buffs.

Re: heh

Originally posted by Gold

I never send direct tells to people I don't know, asking for buffs. I use "say" unless they have shouted that they buff and u should tell em. (usually with my twinks).
    This would seem to be a matter of taste. I do not consider it rude to /tell someone in line of sight - in fact I prefer to do that if there's a crowd around. I at least do notice direct tells better from the background chatter and damage output etc. and if the person is AFK I'll notice immediately when /telling. (Do notice LoS above, it would not be appropriate to just /tell a person without seeing that he or she is apparently free.) Also, with a slow computer like mine it is easier to /r to reply to a /tell regardless of what channel I'm on at the moment than scrolling down the list and trying to get the mouse pointer at the right position to select vicinity (frame rate often below 4 in cities...).

This is a game after all, not real life where I would not phone strangers to ask them for help getting my new armour helmet or right wrist prosthesis on...

Saying, not /telling, would of course be better roleplaying. People around you would probably hear you in a real situation.
    /born Porter was born on Thu Jun 28 09:19:52 2001.
    I'm a Porter, Porters don't PVP.
    First Light

I just started to be very selective.
    Usually i dont buff these who:
    1. Don't bother to tell "hi"
    2. Dont bother to write "you" using "u" while asking for buff instead
    3. Write "plz", "pls" instead of "please" : imo better dont use please at all ( i use "sorry" instead )
    4. Use dood, d00d, dude, bud, etc. while asking for buff
    5. Shout while talking to me ( /s )
    6. Don't give me even 15 sec to answer, asking second time while i'm busy
    - these are just examples, i just don't buff anymore ppl.,
    who are rather uncouth then courteous imo
    Jesus man - you sound like a strait jerk. You dont buff people who use common chat words and abbreviations - pretty much the modern day chat vernacular! Obviously, "plz" means the same thing as please - it is just quicker and easier to type out.

I am a trader well over level 120 so what that golden guy was saying earlier - he's wrong...I get a few tells here and there for wrangles and it doesnt take but a few seconds to simply click their name in the chat and type -"I am currently not available for wrangles". I even do wrangles for free almost daily and I advertise that I am doing them to the local area and on the shopping channels when I do. I never charge a price if you are clan - if you are neutral the price is low - and if you are OT the price might be steep...kinda depends.

Chtonian - could you list all of your characters on RK1 so that I can make sure to never buff you?

Thanks!

bah

i think asking for somebody to say "please" rather than "plz" is perfectly acceptable.
    i'm a soldier, & i dont get asked for buffs very often, but when i do i am shocked that people expect me to give up some of my time to buff them, when they cant even take the time to write "please" properly.
    & my head reads "plz" as a damn annoying sound! (i'm pretty fooked in the head. must be omni experiments or something lol)

Arrow

Originally posted by iLL

Chtonian - could you list all of your characters on RK1 so that I can make sure to never buff you?
    Thanks!
    The only char i play often is Quantar , MP 105 Omni RK1
    ( others are so low, i would not ask high lvl trader for wrangle with them...
    if at all anyone for wrange )

Now i would appreciate if you tell your character's name
    ( iLL is obviously too short for character's name )
    so i can be sure, i will never ask you for wrangle
    Thanks!

P.S.
    If you list all your chars, i can do the same...

Re: bah

Originally posted by Londino
    & my head reads "plz" as a damn annoying sound! (i'm pretty fooked in the head. must be omni experiments or something lol)
    I see I'm not the only one... hehe

The only char i play often is Quantar , MP 105 Omni RK1...
    ow i would appreciate if you tell your character's name
    ( iLL is obviously too short for character's name )
    so i can be sure, i will never ask you for wrangle
    Thanks!
    P.S.
    If you list all your chars, i can do the same...
    Ehh - you're OT - I dont like you anyways

Angry

Originally posted by iLL

Ehh - you're OT - I dont like you anyways

Now, be fair, and just tell your char's name,
    dont be coward !
    Last edited by Cthonian; May 10th, 2002 at 02:12:06.

Actually I lied, If a person walks upto me Facing me, I essence them.

And run away.

Thats if they havent already got a better one running, I have garg, oh yes, sorry, Funcom has let me down 4 times, A "NO CHARGERS LEFT" and 3 I AM A ITEM, I AM SUPER GLUED TO THE FLOOR AND YOU CANT PICK ME UP Items.

So Im stuck till I can self do lev behe since i got those.

Hehe,

Let me assure you all that you have it very, very easy. Back in the day when I was one of the very limited number of Omni traders, and the highest level of them by far... I would easily get 100 tells/hour and up to 200-300/hour during primetime.

That's no <censored> joke either.

For the longest time, I was the only Omni who could wrangle 132. Can you imagine having hundreds of people waiting all day for you to log on, then /tell bombing you eight ways from sunday the moment you appear? Streamin blue text like you wouldn't fargin believe.

I quit AO 3 times just because of that.

Life is good now with all the twink traders maturing, but my next toon is gonna be an adventurer or fixer for sure
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.

Have AFK always on, most people understand that you don't want to help them then.

I usually buff most people if they see me and send a tell or ask, but when they just send a tell without knowing where I am, I never buff, it I don't know them that is (was more before when almost noone had mochams and only very few had 1k NP)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Ah, so there _is_ some advantage to being a fixer. I only get asked for buffs very occasionally (though I am pretty low level still, but at least I can cast some neat ones). I never ask for anything in return, but not saying please or thank you is a sure way not to get another buff ever again from me.

So you love having all the fat buffs, but you hate sharing them? Go sit in the frigging corner, or hand your Mochams over to us NTs dammit.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Angry grr

124 trader here.. up until recently I have been quite nice to people.. the vast majority of people are curteous and considerate when asking for wrangles, They tip even when you don't ask for cash, they make sure they are near you when they ask etc etc.
    HOWEVER.. recently I seem to be plagued by rude children.. if someone is standing in my LOS and asks me for a specific wrangle, and I can do it with no debuffs (up to about 90ish now) then I do. Even if they just shout in general for it and don't specifically address the request to me. If someone asks for a 132 and i'm just loitering/ watching shopping channel etc, then i usually do it. If i get asked and i'm busy or am obviously buffing to go into a mission then i just reply sorry busy.
    From now on:
    Anyone that asks me more than twice in the same minute gets /ignored.
    Anyone that asks me again after I have said 'sorry busy' gets /ignored.
    Anyone that asks me for a wrangle, then when i take the time to ask how much of a wrangle they require, they reply ' as high as you can' get's /ignored.
    Anyone that asks for a 132, i debuff, team wrangle and they dont have 58 ncu for the wrangle, get's team reeted, kicked from team, THEN /ignored.
    Anyone that asks for a wrangle, I wrangle , then asks for a lend nano gets /ignored.
    (for those non traders in this thread, lend nano removes the amount on nano lent to the player from the traders max nano for FIFTEEN minutes)
    and finally, anyone that asks for a wrangle and dosent know where I am, then dosen't know how to get to where I say I am, then asks me to stop what I'm doing and travel to find their newbie ass, gets /ignored.

hmm, i think I might make that my .sig..
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Originally posted by Abasin
    So you love having all the fat buffs, but you hate sharing them? Go sit in the frigging corner, or hand your Mochams over to us NTs dammit.
    Our class is designend in consideration of the buffs
    You know when is Restite ( QL 113 ) 100% yellow to me ?
    somewhere around 100-103 !
    And we can not ask a trader for wrangle like Engie,
    because our pets die so fast
    ( no way they lasts an average mission )

+ to cast Infuses around 110 we have to remove mc/ts Implant-Setup,
    and the advantage for us of these infuses isn't so big then.

+ because of path finding issues we arent the most popular class for teams. If we could not buff team mates,
    we could be even below NTs on the teams "most wanted" list

If you dont agree, just make an MP - easy !

I'm all for NT-improvement, NTs really need some love
    ( along with Fixers and Adventurers ),
    but it's not an excuse for your ignorance !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast