Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buffbeggars are ruining my game!

Buffbeggars are ruining my game!

I play an MP closing in on lvl 100 and I have a problem that I want your help with. I have been buffing complete strangers for some months now (nobody tips me and I don't bother demanding) and it's getting quite annoying to the degree that I actually avoid crowded areas. I like the MP's gameplay so a reroll is out of the question. I understand that MA's, Traders etc have similar problems.

I need some input on if I should make a macro, politely refusing or other.

1. Augh go away N00b. (very rude)
    2. /ignore %t (also a bit rude)
    3. polite tell explaining why I won't buff them
    4. Grit my teeth and continue buffing the beggars
    5. Reroll to a NT (nobody beggs an NT right?)

Vitnirs

Charge 10k for each person. At level 100+ that's not much money for each person but for you it will add up.

Hm, good idea. 10k would scare off practically everyone I think. The ones I have replied to with "sure for 5k i'l do it" has been met with silence. They have simply gone to someone else to get it for free.

Vitnirs

I think, it's very good thread,
    there as a smilar thread in MP Forum,
    i whould copy it here complete if i had powers

Originally posted by Lazz
    Charge 10k for each person.
    At level 100+ that's not much money for each person but for you it will add up.
    well... there arent many 100+ who ask MP 100 for buffs,
    these are mostly either dont bother to check when an average MP get infuses
    ( early infuses beggars ), or quite courteous and wound pay too for mastries.
    ( also in the thread above you can see -
    one may consider infuses not worth of changing implants setup at all ! )

I just started to be very selective.
    Usually i dont buff these who:
    1. Don't bother to tell "hi"
    2. Dont bother to write "you" using "u" while asking for buff instead
    3. Write "plz", "pls" instead of "please" : imo better dont use please at all ( i use "sorry" instead )
    4. Use dood, d00d, dude, bud, etc. while asking for buff
    5. Shout while talking to me ( /s )
    6. Don't give me even 15 sec to answer, asking second time while i'm busy
    - these are just examples, i just don't buff anymore ppl.,
    who are rather uncouth then courteous imo

/Quantar MP 105,
    who just successfully completed implantat-update,
    but not planning to switch to PM/SI setup at least untill 115.

P.S.
    sure i dont mind to buff with masteries these, who ask nicely,
    ask for favor not considering you as buff machine you can "get" buffs from.
    I would not even ask for tips ( but sure tips are welcome )
    Infuses are different: i often will need to buff myself before casting them,
    and there are also way too many ppl. who want them.
    So i'm grateful to these MPs, who buff with infuses/mochams only for fee
    ( if they would not, an MP/"infuses(mochams) level" could not show up in a crowded area at all,
    without putting on ignore half of Rubi-Ka )

No, 100+ players don't ask me for masteries, it's the little powerlevelers that do it. The reason I think a 10k charge would scare them off is I think they are lazy, it would take them longer time to kill mobs and loot 10k than it takes to go to the next MP who does it for free. The lazines reflects in their typing as well as you pointed out Chtonian.

I have read the thread (and participated) but this problem is not unique for MP's. And YES it is quite possible to play this game without having nanobuffs, critbuffs and hpbuffs running when doing a 50% solomission. If someone says otherwise I simply state that you haven't tried very hard or have gimped your char somehow. Sure it's not so fun having to zone out of a mission to heal and loose the map and all but don't tell me it's not possible. I got a fixer (76) too so I think I know what I'm talking about and he can solo 50% missions just fine.

Vitnirs

NT's are begged for Humidity Extractor

Originally posted by Annilymk
    No, 100+ players don't ask me for masteries, it's the little powerlevelers that do it.
    heh... about 100+ was just an answer to Lazz,
    while i thought he means for it's OK to ask 100+ pp.,
    since it's not too much money for them
    ( correct me Lazz if i'm wrong )

I find it odd if a doc offers on chop channel something like:
    " casting 80+ treatment. lvl 75+ 200k , below for free "
    cuz
    1. He screws the business of some poor lower lvl doc,
    who needs to sell his 35+ treatment buff,
    and for players below 75 treatment 35+ is enough imo
    2. many of these who he buffs are twinks, these have enough credits to pay,
    there are so many ppl. with first chars 80-90 around who need treatment badly,
    and while for the "regular" price 250k is a bit high imo
    ( if someone asks you while you have to stop for a minute whatever you do,
    it's sure OK )

this problem is not unique for MP's
    i know
    thats why i'm still not sure, should i play trader or not.
    But traders and MPs have more problems with beggars then anyone else.
    And there was the most complete discussion of this thema in this thread,
    then in any other i have read so far
    ( OK, i admit, i dont read other professions forums as often as MP forum )

5. Reroll to a NT (nobody beggs an NT right?)
    hehe reroll a fixer, I have been asked for a buff 3 times in my career Seriously tho I would never consider being rude to someone who I was asking for a buff, as they are doing me a favour. In fact I always feel guilty when I have to ask someone who is not offering (I will always spend some time going to the main buff places first, to check if anyone is offering) so I fully support ignoring of rude people. I also always try to Tip if I have some spare creds, again as its polite.

hugs to you all, and thanks to anyone who has ever buffed me

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

mas and fixers are the ones I beg/asks for buffs the most

Wink Well ....

I think you should just start charging credits for your service.
    Our nano buffs are in an extreme demand around Rubi-Ka.

I usually charge atleast 10k-50k for Infuse buffs.
    All Masterys are free (unless people want to donate for it).
    Mochams are 100k a pop.

These prices apply to players lvl 80+. Players below that level, can donate pretty much whatever they can afford/think is right for the service.

I have loads of happy customers, and they always get what they want and when they want it.

- Sam
    Best Regards,

Samuz

4ever seeking ULTIMATE POWER

Samuz - Lvl 155 - the original Blackshirt of Zuwadza nipple twistin' MP (RK1)
    Alphaville *4 ever young* - Lvl 112 GAMKII smurfy' Fixer (RK1)
    Digitize - Lvl 50 Solider (RK1)
    Samuz - Lvl 29 Beam whippin' Enforcer (RK2)
    -= Played AO since the Beta days =-

Timezone ; GMT+1

** Re-activated AO on May 1st after being gone and playing other games for the past 14 months - I feel like the total n00b **

Seems rude that some people would never tip. As for me, I always tip what I think is a reasonable amount for stuff like mochams and wrangles. These people don't realize that they might need you again another day and you might remember that they stiffed you.

What you could try doing is asking for payment in advance. I have seen few people do this before, but it might scare some people off, thinking that they will pay and never get the buff.

I can imagine it is also annoying when people keep sending you /tells asking for buffs. I get a few now and then asking for some credits, making an implant and the rare Beacon Warp request.

Whenever I try to get buffs, I just go into a general area where the people hang out and just shout out asking for the buff with the hope that someone will respond. The only times I will ever ask someone directly is if they are offering the service or performing the service for someone else at the moment, so I assume they are open for business. Oh and I always tip the guy, cause you never know when I need their help again.

I always give buffs for free. If you ask me to go to a particular place to buff you, I wont buff you. If you come to me, you get free buffs.

Talking heh

I am trader...

if I don't know u, a 132 is gonna either be free, or set u back 500k atleast.

Usually I just ignore people though, I have more money than I can spend, and direct tells annoy me.

I never send direct tells to people I don't know, asking for buffs. I use "say" unless they have shouted that they buff and u should tell em. (usually with my twinks).

I charge a high price, and that is also why I pay 250k for mochams, 250k for 80 buff and otherwise 50k, no matter what buff I get.

Oh, and I charge docs 50k max for 132.

All traders are not mean, but at times most of us are...if u can't understand why and are one of those who walk around saying that everyone should buff for free and be nice, and give credits to a noob etc...well...level a trader/ma/mp/doc to over 120 and see how sick and tired u will be, lol.

Well, OE patch is gonna kill alot of it for traders...I guess...not sure to be honest...but maybe, heh. Docs are gonna be in pain though. Ma's are gonna get alot less tells...also alot less invites to teams, lol. And mp's...well, I try to avoid pet teams...too slow.

btw, even though I am a trader...right now...I feel sorry for ma's...they are really in the center of attention.

Roll a engie. I have been asked for buffs a total of 0 times the whole time i have been playing. Although i do offer NP and tradeskill services to people asking for them on channels.

wanna know what irks me?? Is the damn MPs and traders who don't tip a penny when they need my services but which i have been tipping 100k-1mil everytime i've needed a buff since i can remember. Even when i was a poor newb i tipped 25k for masteries and 50k infuses.

GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr

getting asked for buffs is one of the quirks of being a prof which can self do pretty much anything.
    Last edited by KrazyKanuck; May 9th, 2002 at 07:15:20.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Typically, I wont charge for buffs. With my MP or MA. I do on rare occasions when I need funds, or the person is an obvious twink (Level 20, yalm, madly OE'd weapon, <add item here>).

However, there is one hard-and-fast rule that if you break it, you go on the /squelch list:

If I am out hunting, and I have 3 mobs on me, DO NOT ask me for a buff at that moment. Nothing irritates me more than someone standing there like a boob, begging for buffs while I am struggling to stay alive.
    /ignore %t

I buff for free and dont accept tips cuz some people try and pay me insane amounts of tips just for one buff and they say that everyone else charges them that, however those people ae your greedy.

200k for an essence? haaaaaaahahah.

If im busy I go /afk

As a soldier, I find it annoying that MPs whine about having buffs that everyone wants. It is like a millionaire complaining that no one wants his money.

PS - No one asks for my buffs and I never get tips when I do actually cast any of them. hell, I need an MP to cast any of the ones people would want anyway.

Angry

Originally posted by Meligant
    As a soldier, I find it annoying that MPs whine about having buffs that everyone wants. It is like a millionaire complaining that no one wants his money.

PS - No one asks for my buffs and I never get tips when I do actually cast any of them. hell, I need an MP to cast any of the ones people would want anyway.
    And i find it annoying that you insult us MPs by calling it whining,
    while you admit, even you(Soldier) need our buffs
    I would have ZERO problems if FC would make our Buffs self only.
    ( I'm playing MP not for being a "Buff-Trader" )

And oh... how do you cast these buffs if no one ask for them ?
    ( if you mean just in team - no one charge in team )

"It is like a millionaire complaining that no one wants his money." ???
    what has it to do with MPs who dont like to be "buffing machines" ?
    ( so the beggar even dont bother to say"hi" )

I like it that people wants my mp buffs!
    Sometimes i buff for free, other times i buff for tips.
    Most ppl tip in the 50-100k range which is ok but alot of ppl have started to tip in the 20k area so im thinking about starting taking the standard 100k price again.

Cristabel

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast