Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clan/guild/department wars

clan/guild/department wars

Opposing guilds should have the ability to declare war on eachother which would enable them to attack eachother in any %gas zone.
    Reasons:
    1. It would be fun and voluntary only.
    2. Something for high level players to do other than level like zombies
    3. Provide a tiny change to ROLEPLAY
    4. All basic pvp rules would still apply, aka level restrictions(equal)
    5. because pvp in this game is so lame and for guild wars to exist they must be fought in 25 or 0% zones where other people could and most likely will interfere.
    Explanation for the Rpers:
    "The sight of there hated enemies sends guild members into a rage defying all constraints of happy gas."

Tell me what you think.

Also have allies would be cool too, and alot of this is based off of UO pvp/guildwar system which i think is very good.
    SSDD
    Same Sh!t Different Day

Good idea! Your name would be a perfectly valid reason for us to declare war on you
    phonokol - geremi - dousk - matica [apoc]

Guild wars are a very, very, very good idea. Of course the gauntlet would have to be picked up once thrown down or the idea won't work at all. Both parties would necessarily have to agree to the hostility for it ever to be accepted by the customer base. UO did this very, very, well. We always had a couple other guilds that served as our 'archrivals'.

Neutral RP Mercenary guild could decide to declare 'war' on an Omni or Clan guild and play the story out properly instead of having to try to lure them into 0% zones.

Of course, they'd have to tweak the /org invite and organization joining code a bit to prevent having that level 200 Soldier join the org in the middle of a fight and slaughter the other side.

Then you open up the 'blue healer' Pandora's Box where a Doctor that is in neither of the 'warring' guilds is actively healing a combatant in a 75% zone. UO addressed this with the 'beneficial acts' patch where beneficial acts were either not allowed on combatants engaged in PvP under certain circumstances or would actually flag you as an agressor.

I'd really like to see more consensual PvP in this game. We regularly hold our guild meetings in 0% zones so we can have some fun. Arenas, unrestricted ganking, and title hugging PvP hold absolutely no interest for me.

Talking Lumpity Bumpity Bump Lump

Great idea make a penalty though either you cant Jion a warring guild or make it so you have to wait 1000 hours to leave the warring guild if you try to leave after a battle make them suffer Fucom... sooner or later they will notice I took the N out on purpose lol...also reward guilds war points and create a ranking system.. you can do it fucom I believe in Joo..

My Newbys
    Aykaziel 41 AGT (Main char)

I want some guild war. Do it at a fair 25% zone with no guards and no zone. Perhaps we can add a storyline like Wenzell assassinated several members of XXX Omni guild and she is spotted in perpetual wasteland, XXX Omni Guild has 2 hours to capture her alive or death before she goes back to Tir.

To make sure no zoning, Wenzell will be on /list all the time. Pick some <lvl 74 have em on yalmaha to be referees or something.

Any omni guild up for some event like that ? We can work out details like date, loc and stuff.

Actualy there was good battle with no zoning and no guards...

It was in belai forest in january.

I remeber when i got warped i was in the middle of nowhere and bunch of people runin around and so on.

Was fun tho

LETS DO IT AGAIN!
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

omg guild wars would totally rock, or just lower suppresion to 25% around the whole game, so towns can be raided etc. or make it so your guild can sign up for 25% everwhere so those that dont pvp can be safe. but still there has to be more fighting than 25% gank zones. imagine running about newland and u get jumped, would rock, fighting through towns and stuff... only bad thing would be the lag.

btw u should take a leaf from UOs book as he said, UO has always had the best pvp system in any MMORPG and it probably always will until OSI take down the servers

Implementing it would be a hell of a task though, because of the aforementioned 'Blue Healer' syndrome. I can imagine FC would need to rewrite many key systems to implement this. It'd be worth it though, but it'd be a while before we saw it
    Dest

WÖÖÖT

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!

this would make pvp 100% more fun

Tolbat lvl 111 Atrox GIMP.... ok NT

Talking bumpedi

even if it is very hard to implemnt i still want to do the bump dance.

great idea LordApoc

wööt!

bumpedi!

//// halofire

Originally posted by CocoClown
    Implementing it would be a hell of a task though, because of the aforementioned 'Blue Healer' syndrome. I can imagine FC would need to rewrite many key systems to implement this. It'd be worth it though, but it'd be a while before we saw it
    There were "blue healers" in UO for the 3 years that i played UO.
    Flag... then get attacked... run around until you are blue again... boom anyone can heal you and not flag. it didn't mess up UO too bad...

Plus in AO now... we have "blue healers".
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

How, do they do the Blue Healer trick now? Bring an un-teamed Omni alt with your Clan Hunting party that cannot be attacked by your enemies in 25% gas?

Perhaps, but we don't want it here. There needs to be a way for somebody (outside of a Guild war) to either be prevented from healing anybody in a Guild war, or to become attackable themselves to those involved in it. As 'duels' in the 100% area of Camelot have shown... if two people fight and one has a healer, they have a massive (and often unbeatable) advantage. If BOTH have healers... well... it's down to who runs out of ammo/patience first
    Dest

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    How, do they do the Blue Healer trick now? Bring an un-teamed Omni alt with your Clan Hunting party that cannot be attacked by your enemies in 25% gas?
    That works.
    Plus the pvp zones are so messed up (MMD/arenas) that one person can be in 75% and constantly heal someone fighting.
    In 2ho say two lvl 50s are fighting. A level 65+ can sit there and heal either/both all day long.

Another fun thing lamers do is put a heal pet on a guy fighting in the arena =(

Blackness confirmed!!

Originally posted by CocoClown
    Perhaps, but we don't want it here. There needs to be a way for somebody (outside of a Guild war) to either be prevented from healing anybody in a Guild war, or to become attackable themselves to those involved in it. As 'duels' in the 100% area of Camelot have shown... if two people fight and one has a healer, they have a massive (and often unbeatable) advantage. If BOTH have healers... well... it's down to who runs out of ammo/patience first
    I agree limiting this lame/weak tactic would be the ultimate goal, but just implementing guild wars to begin with is a step in a much needed direction.

Blackness confirmed!!

keeep bumping folks!!! we need to catch funcoms attention.
    SSDD
    Same Sh!t Different Day

Despite the potential 'quirks' that would arise, I agree that simply having the ability for two consenting guilds to declare hostilities between them and bypass the 75% gas rules would have benefits that FAR outweigh the potential 'workarounds'.

I repeat, this only works if the two organizations agree on hostilities mutually. This puts the decision as to whether or not to open yourself up to things such as the 'Blue Healer' syndrome squarely on the shoulders of the Orgs themselves.

For guilds with a mature playerbase, this opens up a whole new worlds of PvP and RP possibilities. You can have PvP in areas with known mature individuals on the other side without having to worry about the 'kiddies' who inhabit the Arenas, MMD, Mort, 2HO, and EFP.

It opens up the possibility for two Neutral Mercenary groups to play out a deep-rooted hatred for each other as they fight over contracts with the Clans and Omni-Tek. It would put to rest all the arguing about 'Make Rubi'Ka all 25% gas!' since if you wanted to, you could have basically the whole planet 25% for you to be attacked and/or attack people who feel likewise.

I would say that Clan and Omni should be able to declare Hostility with each other and that anybody could declare Hostility with Neutral and vice versa. Omni declaring Hostility on Omni must be prevented at all costs to maintain some sense of realism. If two Omni guilds want to 'spar' then there's Mayhem zones, the Arena, and Beer 'n Booze that suit that purpose within a sensible context.

Is that a bird? A plane?
    No its a BUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPP

Blackness confirmed!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast