Thread: Nano Resist

Nano Resist

Ok my enforcer "littletotem" has 1115 nano resist with rage running.

Should he beable to counter the general debuffs?
    Cause he can't! His nano skills are around 670 ish.

He can resist low level dots and a few random generals.
    Most of the general debuffes will not be countered.

Nano resist is pretty much usless unless your a mob... Kinda like the mobs have maxed inits and weapons skills as well and some *STILL* have insane AC like soldier mobs and Enforcer mobs.

Doesn't matter what the level of the nano formula is. It could be a lvl1 or a lvl200 nano and the resist formula is the same.

Take for example an NT nuke that has an attack skill of 100% MattCrea and defense skill of 100% Nanoresist.

The check that is made is the NT's MattCrea versus your NanoResist. If these two are equal then he has a 75% chance of landing the nuke. The key point regarding this post is that it doesn't matter what level the nuke is. All that matters is the Attack Skill vs. the Defense Skill. I'd guess that with a NanoResist above 1100 you should notice yourself countering SOMETHING.

Next point to note is that some nano formulas use other than 100% for the Def Skill. Some use 75% Nanoresist as the defensive skill. In this instance you only get 1100*.75 or 825 to defend against the nano. 825 is easily obtainable for my MP as low as lvl129. You got an insane amount of nanoresist and I'm still gonna getcha 3 out of 4 times.

The reason people say nanoresist is broke is because it has no effect on the results of a nuke even after it lands. Most people would expect it to work more like evades where even if you DO get hit, you aren't going to get slaughtered if you are paying attention to your evades.

Most people expected nuke damage to be reduced to the lower end of the scale and roots/snares to have a shorter duration if they paid attention to Nanoresist. Fact is, if the nano lands, it's doing whatever it's gonna do whether you have zero or a million nano resist. Couple that with the fact that even insane amounts of nano resist still let in about three quarters of all nanos and you see why people say it's broken.

A level 75 NT can still root me and always root me and anever fail when Ihave 1k+ NR and he has around 400/500 MC I think.
    That is with rage.

If i maxed NR to say 700 or 800, rage for 800.
    Thats about 1600, does it help with 1600 nr? no?! Yes?

Someone?

Nano resist vs damage from nanos

I'm pretty sure the damage of nanos are reduced based on your nanoresist.

I could be terribly wrong, anyone?

On more thing yesterday i noticed my lev 45 ma had 5 in nanoresist. I have over 100 in psy so i should have about 40.

Have anyone else seens this bug? stat bonus not getting added to nanoresist?

Damage may be based on nanoresist. There is no chance of a crit however.

A 75 NT who goes in for PvP will probably have around 630 MattCrea.

Sounds like he'd be using Ball and Chain which requires 500 MC/TS. 630 vs. 1600 and I'd expect you to resist more than land. If he lands more than 50%, then I'd say something is broken.

Even so, saying the calculations are accurate, I think it's kind of silly for 600 attack to beat 1600 defense half the time which is kinda how it's designed to work.

Just like Conceal is 'broke', Evades are 'broke', 'Attack Rating' is broke, NanoResist is broke. Problem is that it is done as a deliberate game design. If they made it work for non-Enforcers who get 600 NanoResist going naturally, then the Enforcers would become immune to all nano formulas. That's what happened with Conceal. When it used to work for Fixers and Adventurers, Agents became mostly invunerable.

If they fixed evades so that your NT could actually get missed half the time, then the Fixer would never ever ever get hit.

They have a serious design flaw in the 'to-hit' calculation code and it shows pretty badly in how poorly PvP plays out and how boring character development and PvM play are. It is impossible to 'excel' in anything to a degree where you actually feel a difference unless you are in a profession that can increase this skill to an absurd level. This means they might as well just eliminate this skill from the tree and make it an innate characteristic of the profession.

Then we end up with the same boring class-based system as most other MMORPG's where what you are good at is based solely on your profession. The 14.2 changes push us even more in this direction of not being able to expand 'beyond your green skills'.

Tortueyou i believe has mentioned that his 1.5kish nanoresist rarely if ever counters roots. You should ask him - but make sure to do it in a 75% or 100% zone

I have the same nano setup as Tort. I resist most nanos.

By most - 75+%

Enough to seriously make a complete mess of any class that depends on nanos.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Now, Kinkstaah's results seem to be completely in line with how nano resist was supposed to work. And Tortureyou is at the other end of the spectrum.

As for mentioning Roots, the majority of Fixer Snares and Roots are less than 100% nanoresist as the defense skill. 1500 nano resist gets worked out to 1125 at a 75% rate. Then again, the Fixer probably has difficulty getting his attack rating up that high.

Wanna see some crap implementation of the 'Crat speeches?

http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...no=1&id=157527

A level one hundred and eighty six nanoformula that lowers Nanoresist by whole whopping 98 over an area of three feet? Can you say waste of database space? 500 would have made it worthwhile for something a Crat won't use until the end of his career.

With 700 ish raged nano resist, I resist general debuffs cast on myself about 60% of the time.

Kink, you resist nukes too? Or just roots/debuffs.... (nukes would be nice but I'm not holdign my breath )
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Question

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    A 75 NT who goes in for PvP will probably have around 630 MattCrea.
    How do you get 630 MC at lvl75? Im a hundred short. Are you using infuses or mochams?
    -Omnitek is your fiend
    Claybats the Sane
    Idahoe | Kalderon | Claybats | Meyna

Of course you are using Infuses or Mochams. Note, I said 'who goes in for PvP ...'.

Just as your Agent is going to have LMA or your Enforcer is going to have Essence of Really Big Thing, your Nuker is gonna have a Gift or Infuse for MC at least.

If, yer 100 short then my calc's where just about right.

So does it work?

So you are saying Nano Resist does actually work? I trained my up as an NT as its a green skill and have wrist implants to boost it and I still get the situation where a light green mob always gets me with a nano formula and then counters mine. Everyone I ask in the game says it simply does not work. At what level does it have any noticeable effect?

Thank you to whoever spent all the IP raising it really high to find me the answer

I have one better

A level 6 agent rooted me while he was teamed with a 120 agent .LOL.. BTW im level 170 enforcer . With over 1.5 NR with rage running. FYI , of course i killed him ..lol.. the other ran..lol

Nano resist has got to be fubar

Problem is the damn 'to-hit' formula. I think it leaves too much chance for someone with a low ATK to still hit someone with a high DEF.

Someone needs to work out the formula exactly. Take yer level 6 Agent and have him shoot a rifle with his Rifle Skill of under 100 at an MA with Dodge at 1000. I bet he still hits him couple times. Even that rollerratt outside Newland still hits me and it's been grey for a year now.

I would not and won't say nano resist is 'broke' until someone throws up some numbers. What I *will* say is that nano resist is 'wrong'.

If that Agent has to try 10 times to get a root to stick, then it's stuck for the full duration of the nano. NanoResist won't affect the damage done by Nukes if and when they land. I don't even think you use us Nano if your target counters a nano.

They need to have at a minimum a 'duration check' done for specific harmful Nanos (Roots, Snares, NanoShutdown, Ransack, Dominate, InitDebuffs, etc.) done when they land. It's the quickest way of 'fixing' nano resist.

Very easy formula for these specific nanos:

Duration = (Listed Duration - (ATK/Def)*0.75*Listed Duration).

If your NanoResist is waaay higher than the nano skills needed to execute the formula then you reduce the duration by 3/4. If you have NO NanoResist, then the nano lasts as long as it says in the description.

Sure, that level 10 Agent may Root you, but it will last a half second at most if you are Raging.

Oh,

My favorite ..

Is when you try to debuff yourself and resist..
    That is funny.

I don't know if this is 100% accurate, but I have heard reports that roots and possibly other hostile nanos break faster if you have high nano resist. Seems like another attack check is made every n seconds, and as soon as it fails the root breaks.

FunCom Dev's have stated several times on these boards that IF a nano lands, it's for full duration. Not saying it's Gospel. Just when a Dev says it, it's all we have to go on until we do our own testing.

High level Roots can last for several minutes.

Get your guild together with 10 Nanoresist, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000.

Land a 10 minute root on all of them at the same time and see how long they last. 10 minutes work and you got your answer.