Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha mode for chests ;-)

Bump!

Some sort of distribution mechanism for chest lot would be _very_ nice. Even if you have a team that tries to divide things evenly it can get confusing who has rights to what... and part of the time it just seems to be "grab as fast as you can", not fun.

uh, no

Yeah, I can't wait for that high level mission where every chest assigned to me is locked. And it's not my fault that my be isn't as high as an agents. My profession isn't supposed to be adept at picking locks. It seems to me that it's just as greedy to secure loot for yourselves at the expense of others as it is to run into every room looking for chests. Leave the game how it is right now. There's a million other things that need fixing besides these greedy people's chests.

Some of my ideas:

- /team chesttloot -sends a message to teamchat when a person picks and loots a chest with his/her name.
    -/team bodyloot -sends a message to teamchat when a person loots a corpse (good to turn on when looting missionbosses or uniqs)

Chatmessages like this is maybe the simplest to implement i guess. Next step would maybe be to add a itemlink to the looted stuff the persons loots.

Having chatmessages like this its easier for teams to spot the ninjalooters
    I think this would be better than a alphaloot for chest as then the team could dedicate one person to loot chests. As 95% of the chests is junk, this will make it easier to get those 5% wanted items for the persons in team. If there be a alphaloot for chest im sure many person would still overlook the chests they got to loot.

I also have some ideas on the current alphaloot and a possible aplha chest i would like to see implemented:

- /team nobody - you can volunterly type this message if you know you wont loot bodys.
    - /team nochests - you can volunterly type this message if you know you wont loot chests.

As looting can be annoying for teams, especially in the middle of combat, its needed so people can get some extra cash for selling junk or maybe even find a more usable or valuable item. What for sure is we need some more options on how to use it.

I have one last idea that takes a different approach than the others here. Make loot go into on big "overflow" window for all the team. when mission is done team leader can type a /team lootnow command and team can pick items by turn. maybe 1 item first round and 2 items the next rounds to speed it up. team is informed about what items persons take. If someone dont want any more loot they can say no and the rest of the persons share the rest of the loot. If there is items left over, and there is still loot left this could possible be "sold" to the shop so the enemy cant come back and use it again. This is done by pressing sell button. Since the loot is not sold in a shop the price is reduced, to maybe like 40%, to cover the expenses for the persons that need to get there and pick up the leftover loot. The credits from this sale is split even between the teammembers.

Talking Alpha sucks!!! I have a better solution

Wouldn't it be great if people weren't so greedy as to need alpha? Alpha cuts strikes back at player greed but causes other problems:
    - restricts tactics .. if the team spits up alpha doesn't work well.
    - if someone dies and is still in the team, those loots go to waste.

There is a fixed number of chests in a mission. I propose that when looting is set, each player in the team is allocated a fixed number of chests. When a player hits his limit, he can not open any more chests. Sure, someone could just loot until his limit, and then leave .. but then at least the greedy twit is out of your hair and has shown his true colors.

/me smiles.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

amen to that

my alt is a doc and noone ever shares anything with me - but they are quik to yell " HEAL!!"

So i started to let the greedy bastards die - my mentality is: ok i am only getting xp here nothing else so im damn sure not gonna be a hero and die too.

Bump! I like what Pie said, about if someone opens a chest and takes the items out when it is your turn, the items get moved to your inventory. That way, people could have Fixers open high-level locked chests for them, while not getting jipped by other looters looking to ninja steal.
    Verdeloth - Treefolk Legend

Sure!!! Alpha chests could be really usefull.
    Rey Ashblead Peasley, Fixer on RK2, Main character, puller and bank for alts

If you have any message, please pm me or contact Ashblead ingame.

Thumbs up Suggestion

/team chest all - same as now

/team chest alpha - no matter who opens the chest, the loot window opens on the screen of the next person in line.If that person closes it with stuff still in it, anyone can open it again and loot. The fixer is still going to have to open chests ... that's the only way he's going to get his every-sixth one.

/team chest leader - no matter who opens the chest, the loot window opens on the team leader's screen.

I honestly don't think this would be that difficult to implement, no later than 14.4. (It's too late, alas, to be adding features to 14.2.)

The only real problem from having it would be the minor break in the illusion that would come from you being able to loot a chest that somebody else opened three rooms away. But if I can carry a refrigerator in my pocket, then these "personal containment fields" are obviously capable of a few tricks. What's less probable about this one?

My primary now is a fixer, and a darned good one. You'd be hard pressed to find a better puller. And I could never figure out why pickup teams were unwilling to let me be the puller, or even use a puller. Everybody charges in, and would rather just take their chances on a nine-way cluster-fight. Now I know why ... bad apples have spoiled y'all on the whole idea of even having a puller, if it's a fixer. No wonder I can't get onto teams.

If we can't have a /team chest command, then at the very least we need anyone who loots a body or a chest to have what they looted announced in team chat. That way, at least, social pressure can be brought to bear. Because I have to admit, the status quo is unacceptable ... and going to be more so once the organic combat suits and web cloaks start dropping as team mission only loot, not to mention the grid armor disks and sealed weapon receptacles that are already mostly only dropping there.

Thumbs up

Nice post Brad.

Now just let us hope someone at Funcom actualy read these posts.

I think this change should also come with a great increase in the money and item loot. We shouldnt have to RELY on solo missions for most or all of our money, we should be able to get decent money in team missions. Even if it means a slight decrease in xp gained.

lame

i you cant trust the group you are in, get a different group
    if you cant do that, solo
    no one in my groups even bothers, we are killing mobs and too busy to do that. i want xp and as quickly as possible

I think the easiest way would just be to have a message showing what was looted from the chest and who looted it. Then if you see the same name over and over again then would be the time for a well deserved kick (maybe in a room with lots of mobs in it so the greedy bastard is on his/her own).

Originally posted by Tsuneko
    lame

i you cant trust the group you are in, get a different group
    if you cant do that, solo
    no one in my groups even bothers, we are killing mobs and too busy to do that. i want xp and as quickly as possible
    So if only there was more trustworthy peole out there we probably would not be having this conversation, but anonymity and no penalties sometimes bring out the worst in some people.

In smaller mission teams, I see some people do this:

One person in a group of 3 or 4 loots all the chests. They post absolutely everything they find in chat, and the other people have the right to take anything they want- regardless of whether the 'looter' (Or as I call them, the treasurer) 'got it first' or not.

Or, in smaller missions, you can also have looting order. Generally, you do it in order going down the Team list. Of course, this also relies on people cooperating...but in SMALL teams I have found it to work fairly well.

Edit: Brad, that's a GREAT idea...
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Let's assume that a chest in a lvl200 mission required 900 B&E to open within the first five tries.

Let's also assume that said chest offered experience similar to a Veteran MOB.

Now assume that when the chest was opened, the experience was shared with the team just as if killing that Veteran MOB.

If their is a trap on the chest imagine that disarming it would give similar experience and be shared amongst the team as well. Picture the possibility of a 'Nerve Gas' trap that will Stun the affected meddler but not necessarily kill him. Is that enough of a penalty (and reward) to attempt to disarm the trap?

Then imagine that the abilility to get what was inside the chest was fairly passed from member to member just like monster loot is now.

If the rightful looter decides not to take what's inside, the chest ownership right decay just like they do now with a MOB.

Someone tell me that having a good lockpicker in you group would not be attractive in this scenario. Tell me that this method of dealing with things that need to be 'hacked' is unfair to either the hacker or the team.

To me, it sounds like a solution to many complaints. First the ability to gain experience without killing. And perhaps more importantly, the value of someone with high B&E to a team.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123