Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable 14.2-14.4 what a joke (regarding the IPR)

Originally posted by Mercatura
    Either that, or have means to earn IPR points somehow,
    I don't get it. Doesn't everyone get IPR points at every title level? That is a way to earn IPR points.

Originally posted by Mahdi
    Am I the only one that thinks this will end in an army of prof-clones wandering the surface of RK?
    Nope, I agree with you. I complained about that from the very beginning of the IPR talks.

Originally posted by Mercatura
    Whereas with the old way, people tell you how to play your character, and "reroll if you don't like it". If FC didn't see past 5 feet like they usually don't, or if the whiners scream loud enough, they'll do it for you.

Maybe if 19 out of 20 of the weapons in a vendor weren't crap things that have something like 1-112(56) 1.2/1.3 at ql100, two attack skills and 3 specials that aren't worth a damn, people wouldn't be pushed around so to speak. You could spend a week listing all the weapons and nanos that aren't worth spit.

Also, as for 'Flavor of the Week' which week of the last dozen or two would that be?

The cookie cutter arguement is bullsh*t. Its entirely the opposite. Having only one reset, everyone will BE cookie cutter, and so will I, theres no way in hell I would risk the only chance to rework my characters on a goddamn GAMBLE to be different.

At least theres one brave person I know who is going to gamble, and turn his soldier into a dual pistol gunslinger. Then again, he has so much IP to throw around, I don't think 2 green skills will really hurt him, worst case scenario he burns 2 IPR points and throws away an entire set of 200 implants. That is by far the exception though, you don't get that kind of leeway until level 160+. Now imagine if its 3 dark skills etc on a level 90 or 120. "Reroll." "Up yours!"

Play yours, don't tell me how to play mine is my motto.
    Erm...actually I'm looking at dual wielding Kolt 58 Magnums after IPR with my trader. Decent damage, decent speed, and I like having a weapon where I can control the requirements (tradeskill weapons) .

Yeah, people were looking forward to being able to experiment around with different weapons. I wouldn't mind being able to experiment a bit myself. But the complete IPR wasn't designed with that in mind and would be a poor way to implement it, IMO. It was designed to compensate for the balancing act 14.2 is about to put us through, along with easing the "growing pains" the long term players have gone through (rebalancing of their professions, ect). A better solution is needed for experimenting with trying out new items/skills.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Can I just say something? What is wrong with ya'all?

FC is doing something that frankly shocks me..they're giving you all a chance to set things right by your characters..those of you that find you wasted points in skills you can't use/don't use, you can fix that. A complete reroll on all your chracters..something I have NEVER seen an online game do..not EQ, not DAOC, not UO, none of em allowed you to fix the past like this..this is a very good thing FC's doing, one of the first things I can honestly say I applaud, and ya'all whine cause you can hardly ever do it...you're lucky you can do it more then once. I mean..how many times ARE you going to need to do a complete reset on your skills unless you're doing exactly what FC DOESN'T want, which is people massing up a skill to put in some piece of equipment (say, maxing out comp lit to get yourself a 6-slot belt when all you could normally wear is a 2-3 slot belt), equipping massively higher stuff, then resetting the IPs and putting your old skills back.

Enjoy the ability to change yourself..but don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

I think they should get rid of IP altogether and just let everyone use everything and do everything there is to do in the game right from the beginning. That way, nobody has to level at all, and nobody can be better than anyone else at anything. Only then will we be truly balanced.

Oh wait, I don't think that at all.

/me rolls another character to try different things.

Ya know, they don't -have- to do a IPR at all.

It is something they are doing to try and make up for their past changes, which at any level is about 1000 steps above what any other MMORPG has ever done. Personally I am grateful to just be getting a chance to change some stuff around at all. In most other games this would not even be a option(regardless of how many times the game changed) and I would just be screwed.
    Flann - Doctor
    Kwoung - Martial Artist
    Acidwash - Fixer (semi-retired)
    Rubi-Ka 2
    The Descendants

Am I the only one that thinks this will end in an army of prof-clones wandering the surface of RK?
    I kind of disagree....I have a few characters, highest of which is 58 NT and cranking.....granted I dont have the 100 plus game play experience...still..
    I have a Doc duel wielding Sentinel ETE Strike pistols....and it will stay that way after the IP reset...not every player is consumed with ultimate efficiency for every point....
    I see Engineers and Docs all over the boards saying MA MA MA...
    but they all arent going to go that way..its up to the individual in the end......
    And let me tell you, all those who are disappointed in the New IPR approach....
    play EQ for a while!....and see if you EVER and I mean EVER get the understanding that Funcom gives its player base.....You wont see it...
    Thanks Funcom...keep up the Good work...and keep listening to your players valid concerns....

/aplause to Flann

That's exactly what I'm saying, man.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

NOPE.
    Even more cookie cutter people..=(
    Give people a 1' they demand the whole leg.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    If we can reset skills more easy we can try new fun stuff without totally destroying your character, this will be much more fun and all people will try diffrent stuff and be diffrent, maybe some soldiers wil go MA just to try and I would love to see a soldier running up to me trying to punch me
    ROFL hahahaahah. You better be joking.
    Ok thats dumb. Whats the point?
    You get to put less points per lvl. It takes a lot more IP and you don't have any buffs that compliment your set of skills. Nor can you change your fist damage.
    Your mastery nanos become useless and your 5 points per lvl for AR becomes unused.

How about making a full trade skill/pistol using nano-breed enforcer!!! that sounds intelligent.

Blackness confirmed!!

Originally posted by griemdaall
    I think they should get rid of IP altogether and just let everyone use everything and do everything there is to do in the game right from the beginning. That way, nobody has to level at all, and nobody can be better than anyone else at anything. Only then will we be truly balanced.

Oh wait, I don't think that at all.

/me rolls another character to try different things.
    Don't give the whiners any ideas!!!...

/me joins Gremdaall in the backyard with another newbie to try out a different approach to a character.

Blackness confirmed!!

Originally posted by Kasimir
    Can I just say something? What is wrong with ya'all?

FC is doing something that frankly shocks me..they're giving you all a chance to set things right by your characters..those of you that find you wasted points in skills you can't use/don't use, you can fix that. A complete reroll on all your chracters..something I have NEVER seen an online game do..not EQ, not DAOC, not UO, none of em allowed you to fix the past like this..this is a very good thing FC's doing, one of the first things I can honestly say I applaud, and ya'all whine cause you can hardly ever do it...you're lucky you can do it more then once. I mean..how many times ARE you going to need to do a complete reset on your skills unless you're doing exactly what FC DOESN'T want, which is people massing up a skill to put in some piece of equipment (say, maxing out comp lit to get yourself a 6-slot belt when all you could normally wear is a 2-3 slot belt), equipping massively higher stuff, then resetting the IPs and putting your old skills back.

Enjoy the ability to change yourself..but don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Thats the exact point...just because they pay to use the server they think they should all be gods. Very good point. Any way if ya haven't figured out where your character is going in say 70 lvls then maybe you should reroll....

Exclamation

Reroll, yeah good one.

Patch 19.8, lets change even more game mechanics

Anti IPR's:

You

Are

The

Minority

By Far

Forums are a horrible sample for this game.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Kasimir
    I mean..how many times ARE you going to need to do a complete reset on your skills[?]
    We're gonna need reset points every single freaking time FUncom releases some cool item, skill, or nano, then subsequently sends out an emergency patch to nerf it into oblivion, after which people need to switch back to something else that works.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by LafinJack
    We're gonna need reset points every single freaking time FUncom releases some cool item, skill, or nano, then subsequently sends out an emergency patch to nerf it into oblivion, after which people need to switch back to something else that works.
    And this is the reason why I think IPR needs to be carefully balanced. Made too easily, every time Funcom "releases some cool item, skill, or nano" people will want to be able to change at a drop of a hat. That's not right. If an item utilizes skills outside your current skillset then dammit earn the freaking skills! If you don't like that, then why are you playing a game based on a RPG system? Games like JK2 are more your speed.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

question

Here's what I'd like to know. How will the new IP wipe option affect advents who were screwed by the sudden dual weild skill change?

I have a sleeping 79 advent who I'd really like to be able to play again, but she lost so many ip on that skill change, that now she can't even solo a 40% mission.

I know that using a IPR point to reset just the dual weild skill wouldn't fix that problem (since it would be calculated only on the current value of the skill, not how much ip you actually spent on it). But with the total wipe, will it give me the IP based on the value of all my skills, or based on the IP I should have for my current level.

for most people, those two values would be the exact same, but for a few of us, there would be a large difference. Giving me all the IP based on my level would allow me to get back all teh lost IP on the advent skill change. Also, anyone who managed to get those IP rings from a long time ago, would loose all the extra IP they made from them if the IPR is calculated based on level.

Does anyone know? If it's based on level, I can salavage my advent, if it's based on skill value, I'll have to start a new one.

thanks
    Virind

Re: question

Originally posted by Virind
    Here's what I'd like to know. How will the new IP wipe option affect advents who were screwed by the sudden dual weild skill change?

I have a sleeping 79 advent who I'd really like to be able to play again, but she lost so many ip on that skill change, that now she can't even solo a 40% mission.

I know that using a IPR point to reset just the dual weild skill wouldn't fix that problem (since it would be calculated only on the current value of the skill, not how much ip you actually spent on it). But with the total wipe, will it give me the IP based on the value of all my skills, or based on the IP I should have for my current level.

for most people, those two values would be the exact same, but for a few of us, there would be a large difference. Giving me all the IP based on my level would allow me to get back all teh lost IP on the advent skill change. Also, anyone who managed to get those IP rings from a long time ago, would loose all the extra IP they made from them if the IPR is calculated based on level.

Does anyone know? If it's based on level, I can salavage my advent, if it's based on skill value, I'll have to start a new one.

thanks
    Virind
    From Guate's article:
    14. Will Adventurers get back their "lost IP" from the skill change back in July 2001?

Sadly, no. There is currently no way to tell what the skill was back then, without a big cumbersome process. I propose to make the Adventurer better as the next profession after Agent (there was a shift in order, due to linking with OE, as you might have read...), and give that profession some real and proper "loving," looking forward instead of backwards. I truly hope we can get the Adventurer community onboard with that...

On the upside, all people using the infamous "IP Rings" back then, get to keep their IP spent!

But, in a post on the Advent boards, by Cosmik, on May 7, we have this:

Those of you that have been following Anarchy Online for a while now may have been affected, or know an Adventurer that was affected, by a change we made way back in August. In patch 12.5 the Adventurer multiple ranged skill cost was decreased, resulting in some unhappy Adventurers. Those Adventurers that had already invested IP in multiple ranged would end up spending more IP to get the skill to the same level as another Adventurer that started after the change. Unfortunately, at that time, we were unable to give players back the IP they 'lost' due to skill cost changes. But with the upcoming IP reallocation option in 14.2, that can now change.

Come 14.2 Adventurers that were affected by the multiple ranged skill change will gain back their 'lost' IP with the option of IP reallocation. w00t.

One note though - If you have used an IP ring at any point you will be reimbursed for the IP you have 'lost' excluding the IP that is gained from the IP ring.

Originally posted by Vydas
    But, in a post on the Advent boards, by Cosmik, on May 7, we have this:

Those of you that have been following Anarchy Online for a while now may have been affected, or know an Adventurer that was affected, by a change we made way back in August. In patch 12.5 the Adventurer multiple ranged skill cost was decreased, resulting in some unhappy Adventurers. Those Adventurers that had already invested IP in multiple ranged would end up spending more IP to get the skill to the same level as another Adventurer that started after the change. Unfortunately, at that time, we were unable to give players back the IP they 'lost' due to skill cost changes. But with the upcoming IP reallocation option in 14.2, that can now change.

Come 14.2 Adventurers that were affected by the multiple ranged skill change will gain back their 'lost' IP with the option of IP reallocation. w00t.

One note though - If you have used an IP ring at any point you will be reimbursed for the IP you have 'lost' excluding the IP that is gained from the IP ring.
    Hrm...Cosmik's reply is more recent (and more pleasing) so I'd go with his

Cool Its true...

Full IP reset calculates your IP based on your level only then respends any IP needed to return your map nav to its original base value (ie without stat bonuses). That is why Adventurers get there lost IP back, and why IP rings will not be included in the calculation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast