Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mysterious Sniper Threatens Neutral Territories

What about some real action instead of the regular chit-chat about who *might* be behind a sniper that is yet to catch ?

Since most of the shooting occured in Borealis' main street, we should look for possible lign of sight. The most obvious spots are the two hills south of the city. With the adequate gun and scope, a sniper covers a wide angle, and can escape even before the body of its victim has fallen to the ground. To the North, East and West, LoS is blocked either by buildings or trees, it would take an inhuman shooter to perform a killing in these conditions. What about setting up patrols in this area and see if we get anything ? In Borealis, we can find good Agents willing to keep an eye on possible spots, can't we ?

This makes me wonder... We all assume here that the shooter is human, or human-like. What if...
    Peace, love, etc...
    oops... sorry : mt

seems odd

doesnt it seem a little bit odd that borealis is always getting attacked?
    Andrew22 - Keeper, Unoccupied
    Antibody22 - Shade, Unoccupied
    Specimen - Soldier, Slaves of Rubi ka

i say, keep your eyes open, hunt down or arrest those responsible, i want him/her/it caught, dead or alive.

If I found him, I would over dose him with stims, burn down his house and leave him a pistol with one permakill bullet in it, for himself
    Andrew22 - Keeper, Unoccupied
    Antibody22 - Shade, Unoccupied
    Specimen - Soldier, Slaves of Rubi ka

Originally posted by KissmeKissme
    To the North, East and West, LoS is blocked either by buildings or trees, it would take an inhuman shooter to perform a killing in these conditions. What about setting up patrols in this area and see if we get anything ?
    Keep in mind this is assuming the sniper doesn't hide on top of one of those buildings. With the proper timing, it would be easy to fire a shot and climb onto one of the cargo ships always docking at the stores.

In response to the 'some real action' comment, yes, what you were saying about trying to find the most reasonable assumption for a firing possition, I -myself- have examined the area, soon after the...second or third attack. The targets of the attacks were usually, well, across from the Fair Trade, but not exactly in the main street, against the implant shop, but on one occasion, the target was near the basic supermarket, limiting the sniper's possition, or meaning that he/she moved their possition for a different attack, which is usually not the common behavior. So then, I think that he/she is either in the south part of town, on a hill just south of town, or on one of the buildings, provided of course that they are not changing possitions constantly.

-Raijou
    "Chariots strong, horses fast, troops valiant, weapons sharp--so that when they hear the drums beat the attack they are happy, and when they hear the gongs sound the retirement they are enraged.He who is like this is strong."
    -Chang Yu ,author of a commentary of Sun Tzu's 'The Thirteen Chapters'

Anyone questioned Special Agent Lamb?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12