Thread: Seeking records missing from Omni-Tek archives

Seeking records missing from Omni-Tek archives

If anyone has information or know where I can locate information about the period between the two listed dates below please contact me, Administrator Houston in Omni-HQ. This section of the archives have been strangely blanked out. I have not been able to locate any more information on the period useing my security clearance.

Charles 'Kithrak' Houston
    Administrator, Omni-Admin

May 19 29418 - Sol Banking Corporation lands mechanised troops and war-machines on Rubi-Ka. Their objective is to seize control of Omni-Tek's notum operations. Omni-Tek receives unexpected help from the clans in the ensuing and drawn-out ground war.

June 12 29420 - The last of Sol Banking Corporation's troops on Rubi-Ka are crushed in a coordinated strike by both Omni-Tek and clan forces.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I suspect that certain parties in both the Clans and OT-RK decided it was better to expunge records of past cooperation. There may come a time again when OT-RK and Clan forces work side by side. You already see this from time to time on Rubi-ka and in the Shadowlands co-operation is even more prevelant.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Just don't expect any friendship to last...
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

You have to keep in mind that this occurred at the height of the Corporate Wars, and that alliances were formed and disbanded every month. Writing a history of the Corporate Wars could take a historian the better part of a lifetime.

At the time, a state of peace had emerged on Rubi-Ka between the Corporation and the Council of Truth that had lasted over the past ten years. Prior to this, there had been a withdraw from Clan held territories that resulted in a moderately cold war between the two sides, marked by occasional flare-ups in hostilities.

Eleven days prior, there had been an orbital strike by the Thru-Space corporation on Omni-One that resulted in thousands of civilian causalities. Most likely, the arrival of a rival corporation, along with the realization that this was a corporation aligned with one that would target civilians, motivated the Clans to take action against Sol Banking. Sol Banking was an unknown factor that threatened to destabilize the ten years of peace and eleven years of home rule by the Council.

I can imagine the terror when the OTAF soldiers saw what must have appeared to be fresh Clan reinforcements advancing on their position, and the surprise when they opened fire on the Sol Banking positions.

I don’t imagine that there was a great deal of communication and coordination between Omni-Tek and the Council during these two years until we reached the final months of the Sol Banking occupation. No lasting alliance was made, but it did establish a framework for the transfer of reclaim technology, an anti-mutant bounty, and the eventual re-opening of the deep Notum mines in the north.

However, a detailed historical investigation into the two-year occupation period would be interesting. No doubt our colleagues in the reformed Council of Truth would be willing to open up their historical archives to Omni-Tek academics.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Data entry:

Hidden away.

Unseen, never gone.

- End Entry -
    >[Traceroute] Severence
    >Execute
    - Name: Gabriel
    Codename: Malachii -- Former patient of Omni-Reform

Historic Reference File 1
    Historic Reference File 2
    Historic Reference File 3
    Omni-Tek Incident Report 1

Recently released from Omni-Reform, Private of Omni-Pol
    Roleplaying Profile of "Malachii"

While I do not have a problem with rewriting history to suit my agenda, I assure you that it wasn't me.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

These documents were not among the files taken by Schuemann & Associaties when it relocated. I would expect that the ability to remove such records would be restricted to very high-level employees within the corporation...

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Originally posted by Blackpetal
    These documents were not among the files taken by Schuemann & Associaties when it relocated.
    Ha ha. Very witty.

Actually, why must we assume conspiracy? Is that easier to assume than to admit that we find historical research to be difficult, especially during such a time as confusing and chaotic as the Corporate Wars?
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

InternOps has no records of the Omni-Tek Historical Database being tampered with; this is most likely a lapse in our recorded history, or the result of a bug in the system.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Originally posted by Marisha

Ha ha. Very witty.

Actually, why must we assume conspiracy? Is that easier to assume than to admit that we find historical research to be difficult, especially during such a time as confusing and chaotic as the Corporate Wars?
    Charles's implication was that these were files he KNEW TO EXIST at one point (hence "strangely blanked out"). Of course, if you want to suggest that he is mistaken in his recollection, that's quite another matter. Selective memory seems to be an asset in certain branches of corporate service...

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Originally posted by Marisha
    Eleven days prior, there had been an orbital strike by the Thru-Space corporation on Omni-One that resulted in thousands of civilian causalities. Most likely, the arrival of a rival corporation, along with the realization that this was a corporation aligned with one that would target civilians, motivated the Clans to take action against Sol Banking. Sol Banking was an unknown factor that threatened to destabilize the ten years of peace and eleven years of home rule by the Council.
    Thanks for the analysis. You have verified my reason to be alarmed when several Clanners have said something to the effect that it would be better to have Sol Banking Corp here than Omni-Tek. And you know the old saying about being careful what you wish for......

As for the records existing, yes they must have because someone took the time to write the headings for the beginning and end of the period. There should be ample historical records in grid transmissions, combat recordings, reports, or anything to suggest that there were people living on Rubi-Ka during those two years.
    Last edited by Kithrak; Feb 19th, 2004 at 22:52:13.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-