Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An Interview with Simon Silverstone

OOC

Edit: OOC Apologies
    Last edited by .oOBusted!; Mar 2nd, 2004 at 00:22:21.
    Arctic: As someone i know said: "After A-Bomb hits advy, they just dust off the dirt and walk away."

HURJAkeeper: "the alt tabbing works if i stand on solid ground or some flat surface. if i do that in place where the ground isnt flat the grafix is drawn screwed up."

((OOC: Dude... This in an In-Character posting, there is nothing such as "alts", your going OOC, please mark that such as i have here))
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

You can find my response to Mr. Silverstone in my most recent Visions of Rubi-Ka column

and I invite Simon Silverstone to public discourse on this subject by whatever venue he chooses.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

The Sentinels may choose a different path to persue our goal of freedom, but they still desire freedom from Omni-Tek as any clan. I support their goal for freedom as any clan should.

Clans also fight for freedom of choice. Since I still hold value in freedom of choice I will support whichever means the Sentinels choose to fight for our freedom, even though I may not agree with them.

Freedom from Omni-Tek and freedom of choice. Two reasons how and why the sentinels have supporters.

What I'm curious about, how can anyone not support the Sentinels? Do you not believe in freedom from Omni-Tek? Do you not believe in freedom of choice?
    And of course, the freedom to shoot those who choose to be neutral. What about their "freedom of choice"? That's how one can not support the Sentinels; their "freedom of choice" involves the choice to become as bad as Omni-Tek.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Originally posted by Aerinyi

And of course, the freedom to shoot those who choose to be neutral. What about their "freedom of choice"? That's how one can not support the Sentinels; their "freedom of choice" involves the choice to become as bad as Omni-Tek.
    I wouldn't say that's exactly true.

We're somewhat safe passing through Omni-tek's cities, but paradoxically some Omni employees are always waiting for an opportunity to assault us in our own cities as we saw in Borealis several weeks ago.

I've never seen the Sentinels come to a neutral city with guns blazing, regardless of how hostile they are when I need to find someone in Tir.

mm, I gotta say I support Silverstone, he protected us when we we're weak but still he must see when its time to step down an that time is now, let him retreat to an outpost a live alone with his paranoia an warhunger, or send him to war, as we should've done along time ago..
    Everyman an women can defend the walls of Tir when the time comes, we're strong together...

Originally posted by Aerinyi
    Denying access to ones home city, via gun fire, from someone who doesn't share alignment is not the same as denying someone a right to their alignment. Sentinels have done the former, not the latter as your claiming.

In other words, Sentinels have not denied neutrals their alignment, they simply shoot at neutrals for entering Tir.

Also, Sentinels don't make daily visits to neutral cities and shoot neutrals just because they are neutral. I know that's not how you meant what you said, but that sounds about how you wish people to view the Sentinels.

Bottom line, we both know Sentinels keep any non-clan aligned person out of Tir, so clans can at least have one haven for themselves. Please don't twist that into something it's not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123