Thread: How does AO units translate into real life units?

How does AO units translate into real life units?

Speed skills into seconds.
    AC into damage reduction.
    Weapon profiencies into dmg.
    etc.

Anybody know a site that explains theese units?
    I'm especially interested in how Nano Init. affects casting time and how MatterCreat. translate into dmg.

Well, honestly, you are gonna have a hell of a time getting some of that info.

Speed skills: I assume you are talking about your evades? Like, how does 10 points in evade close combat affect the monsters chance to crit? These are based off of formulae which only Funcom has access to. It has been asked repeatedly for access to these, but they have denied the requests (for good reason too).

AC: Don't quote me on this, but I think on average, ever 100 AC reduces damage by 10 points. Like I said, don't quote me on that. Somebody told me that once, but they may have just pulled outta their arse.

Weapon skills and MatCre: These don't translate directly, not the way speeds and AC do. These only translate through the weapons you choose to use, or the nanos you choose to cast. Where a rifle that uses 500 rifle and 300 aimed shot may do 20-120(85) damage, another rifle of the SAME requirements may do 100-202(110). Same way with nano formulae.

Initiatives are quite direct. There are many many posts on initiatives in this forum. Essentially, they affect cast time only. Recharge on nanos is not affected by anything, not initiatives and not agg/def bar. Cast time, or "attack time" however, IS affected. Eventually, with a nice high nano initiative and a full aggressive agg/def bar, you are going to be able to "insta cast" certain nanos. These nanos will fully cast as soon as you press teh hotkey to cast them. You still have to wait out recharge, but it's much better to insta cast and worry about a three second recharge, than to cast for two seconds and the still have to wait out a three second recharge.

I hope this helped a bit. If not, sorry . Keep an eye on this forum, as discussions like this pop up all the time, and are usually substantiated with mathematical proof and in game testing from other players.

Catch ya planetside.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

The weaponskills is taken into consideration when calculating damage.

As Krneki stated in another thread:
    He got it from the dmg formula that currently works for everything except MA. (min-max)(1+ams/400) = (afective min-max), so yes, 800 ams triples your dmg output.

As for the AC question...AC reduces the dmg by 1 dmg for every 10 AC, which gets subtracted after the AMS has been aplied. so with a 1-100 weapon and 800 AMS, you'd be doing 2-200 dmg to mobs with 1000 ac.
    [end of quote]

Nakomis is right when it comes to AC, for every 10 points of AC the damage you take is reduced by 1 point.

No clue on the runspeed issue and nano init.

There are heated discussions going on about the effects of melee init, take a look at the Enforcer board and see for yourself if interested .

Cheers
    Steelbuns
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!