Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radiman: "The Time is Upon Us"

Originally posted by Aerinyi

Or have you forgotten the rumors that the ICC is in bed with Sol Banking? Consider whether you can take the chance on those rumors being true.

Better question is..

Can any of us take the chance of that rumor being true?

Sol Banking is no angel and obviously worse than Omni-tek or why did the Clans band together side by side with Omni-tek to fight them in the past?
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Is it too much to ask for the Clans to make up their minds what it is they wanted? One Clan asks for peace while another wages war. One Clan wants to exterminate all Omni-Tek employees and Neutrals while another wants to exterminate only Omni-Tek and spare the neutrals. Yet another Clan wants to kill everyone Clans included except themselves. Each Clan seeks a different goal, some mutually exclusive(you can't kill and not kill someone at the same time.)

Freedom is one thing but what if anything have been done about the responsibilities that come with wielding it? Are the Dust Brigade free to pursue their agenda of exterminateing everyone? If not then why hasn't a single Clan stood up to the other Clans seeking war when they know full well the implications of a war where the main combatants are in effect immortal with insurance technology?

Make up your minds or the first thing that'll happen when you 'free' Rubi-Ka is a civil war. And I cannot in good conscience allow that to happen.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Thats exactly the thing Mr Kithrak. The Clans should really consentrate on becoming The Clan. You clanners are like a schitzophrenic multi headed beast leashing out in every direction at a thousend different whims and emotions. Now why do you think that you who cannot even control yourself, can control this planet any better than Omni have. One clan stating "We must and will kill the evil Omni like Silverstone tells us to do" while another stating "we must try and live together with Omni employees in peace and harmony". And still there are a hundred statement that lands in between of these two extremist ones.

You are not one clan, not one mind, not one voice, not one hand you should blame eachother for the chaos that reigns this planet.
    Thank Omni for keeping a thread of order in the chaos YOU have created.
    Do you not think others see this aswell?
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Heh, the only thing the Clans can maybe aggree on is that Omni-Tek isn't a Clan.(Or is it?) But that dosen't help with those wanting to kill me for being me. I happen to like existing thankyou!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

If I were you, I'd be keeping my eyes on the prize and worrying about that lease, not paranoid fantasies of clan world domination schemes. What we do or do not have the will to do will be the least of your concerns when the bids on Rubi-Ka's lease start rolling in.

Paranoid fantasies? So what, are you trying to tell me that the Clans dont want to take over the planet? That they dont want to remove Omni-Tech from top dog? that they dont want have The Council of Truth (or some other equaly pretentious and double talking 'ruling council') ruling the planet instead of Rubi-Ka Branch of Omni-Tech Board of Directors?

Please. If you're really saying that (or even a 10th of that) then it is as Kithrak says, the clans really do have to make up their mind.

As for ICC being in bed with Sol Banking, so be it. Sol tried to take the planet from Omni Tek once and failed, and what would you rather have Miss Aerinyi - Ross and his already demonstrated leinincy to the Clans and a true desire for peace, or Sol Banking who will mostlikely move in in force to put things like they were before the Clans?

Cause, according to your statements, the Clans dont want to rule rubi-ka

A load of bull that not even my most green noncoms would deliver to me for a reason on why they lost their lunch at my operatiing table.
    Division9, RSGE

Jaklin 'Vadimoridin' Jones - Doctor
    Mavron - Engineer
    Calis "Covayende" Camori - Martial Artist

(Not Div9 Affiliated)
    Marissa 'Tohdasar' Aristo - Doctor

Frankly Kithrak, you're right. The clans do have to make up their minds. We're working on that right now, and Omni-Tek, working through Omni-Pol, is doing it's level best to make sure that doesn't happen by issuing arrest warrants against anyone who tries to unite the clans. Many of us are aware of this two-pronged approach: make a demand, claim that this demand must be met in order for Omni-Tek to consider a peaceful solution, then ensure that this demand cannot be met. It justifies continued aggressive action by Omni-Tek, while covering the corporation's ass to a certain extent. If you're lucky, maybe no one will ever actually ask to see Omni-Pol's nonexistent "evidence".

There's a problem with that, though; it leads to more conflict, which is probably not going to be resolved within 20-odd years. Not as long as the Sentinels are around anyway, and until the clans can produce a strong governing body of some kind it's quite clear that the Sentinels will in fact be around. The longer the conflict goes on, the more likely that Rubi-Ka's lease will wind up in the hands of another corporation, whether Sol or someone else. Dr. Jones' ridiculous ravings notwithstanding, I think it's safe to say that none of us want that to happen.

Start being part of the solution rather than sitting back and watching Omni-Pol run your hopes for peace into the ground, and then you can tell me all about what you think the clans need to do. Until then, as far as I'm concerned you're wasting your breath with more corporate double speak, and I'm not really very interested.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Originally posted by Kithrak
    Is it too much to ask for the Clans to make up their minds what it is they wanted? One Clan asks for peace while another wages war. One Clan wants to exterminate all Omni-Tek employees and Neutrals while another wants to exterminate only Omni-Tek and spare the neutrals. Yet another Clan wants to kill everyone Clans included except themselves. Each Clan seeks a different goal, some mutually exclusive(you can't kill and not kill someone at the same time.)
    Mr. Houston, You know very well that within Omni-Tek's ranks there are those who want one thing, and those who want another. Some seem to want peace, and then others want to cook us and eat us for breakfast. There is really no such thing as a unified action with so many diverse peoples. Even in the greatest nations on other planets there are those who have disagreed with what their government wants to do. Throughout history there have been uprisings, and protests because not everyone can agree. To think that we can all be cowed into one barn and all say the same thing is just plain insanity.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Ah perhaps so Fixerbean, but within Omni-Tek's general ranks there is also an overwhelming general direction - Betterment of the Company. I cant say the same for the fractional clans.

You could say "freedom" but even there definition of freedom is different, where as between the departments, "Betterment of the Company" means one thing - Profit.
    Last edited by Vadimoridin; Feb 21st, 2004 at 00:41:02.
    Division9, RSGE

Mavron - Engineer

(Not Div9 Affiliated)

We're working on that right now, and Omni-Tek, working through Omni-Pol, is doing it's level best to make sure that doesn't happen by issuing arrest warrants against anyone who tries to unite the clans.
    Omni-Pol have not bothered to drop(which I recommended to them) or actively pursued those arrest warrants in some time now. In short, it is currently a passive warrant. Repeating that Omni-Pol is coming after you when they haven't bothered almost sounds like a reminder for them to auctually do bother to come after you. My advice is to hurry that process along as fast as you can while Pol still aren't doing anything about it yet?

Against the advice and judgement from many Omni co-workers I have continued to support attempts to improve Omni/Clan relations. One has only so much patience to wait the Clans out unconditionally while their political atmosphere continue to deteriate without signs of improvement.

The growing hostilities between the two sides are makeing it diffcult to disscuss much of anything except finger pointing. There have been very little success in negotiating or reasoning. Eventually I will be left with no choice but to give up on further attempts and redirect my talents to less plesant endevors. For both our sake I hope it will not have to come to that. Disscussions like these will be missed.

Administrator Houston out.

Average Clanner Mother to child

Eat your veggies, or the Big Bad Omni-Pol officer will come for you in your sleep!

*rolls eyes*
    Division9, RSGE

Mavron - Engineer

(Not Div9 Affiliated)

Greetings my friends,

A time is upon us. A time to take what was legally obtained by another and steal it for ourselves. Yes, Rubi-Ka colonized and terra formed by Omni-Tek we must now take it from them. They have paid the expenses and now the clans must move forward and begin to take over.
    Just because Omni-Tek colonized this planet, doesnt mean I will give my life and soul to them. They colonized it, now WE live here, and I for one wont be told what to do and what not to do by a corporation.
    Power should be GIVEN to people, not taken.

EDIT: I almost missed
    Henry Radiman is a politician, and he is merely seeking to gain the popular support that he needs to return to the position of power, influence, and prestige that he once held.
    And when was the last time you saw Philip Ross trying to gain the support of the people?
    Last edited by Phallos; Feb 24th, 2004 at 11:30:54.
    Arvid Phallos Persson
    Member of The Mockers
    Former Colonel of Mercury Dragons

Umm I believe Ross made a "small" donation to the NLG initiative.........
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Radiman and the council are a joke, until they can show true representation for all the clans and not just the "Lets all hold hands and sing songs, omni and clan alike" then the council will be nothing more than a group of people shouting into the wind for peace.

Noone hears you, noone cares.
    Morbicus

Just another unnamed soldier fighting for Freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12