Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radiman: "The Time is Upon Us"

Radiman: "The Time is Upon Us"

Radiman: "The Time is Upon Us"
    Frank Levinson McRae

Tir -- (FJRK) -- Henry Radiman made a rare public appearance outside of the Council of Truth building today, giving a speech renewing the call to continue with the Council’s reformation and urging resolve in uniting the Clans under a banner of solidarity.

At approximately 0200 RST, clan members were called to the Council of Truth building in Tir to witness what was a rousing speech given by what was once the Council’s figurehead. Dozens flocked to the area to listen to the reclusive clan leader share his views on the reinvigorated Council of Truth, and to issue a warning to Omni-Tek Corporation.

A full transcript of his speech is as follows:

"Greetings, my friends.

The time is upon us. A time of rebirth. A time of brotherhood. A time of peace among neighbors and a time of coming together to do that which is great, and ultimately, of doing what is necessary.

In this chamber some time ago, we received a calling to reconvene a Great Council of Truth. That calling was ethereal, surreal and even strange to be certain.

However, the visage of our beloved David Marlin was unmistakable. The spirit of that great man is within all of us. His wisdom of the past and his vision for the future of a place where all men are equal and at peace should inspire and encourage all of us to undertake this great task. It is the task of rebuilding the Council of Truth that I speak about today.

Today I renew his call to come together with renewed purpose. To come together to rebuild the Council of Truth to its former glory for all Clansmen on Rubi-Ka. The longer we delay with this task, the more Omni-Tek can take our land, kill our children and steal our lives.

We must act soon to renew our purpose. We must act soon to rebuild this great body for debate and governance. We must act soon to rise up together to send a message to the corporation:

We shall be heard! We shall rule our own lives! We shall reap our own benefits from our own labors!

We will soon act, my friends. We must be patient in building the Council of Truth. Our path is clear and our purpose is noble. To quote the ancient Old Earth American president, John F. Kennedy, peace and freedom walk together.

Thank you all, and good night."

After the speech, Mr. Radiman was asked whether or not he has approached the Sentinels, and Simon Silverstone, seeking their support for the revived Council of Truth. Mr. Radiman declined comment.

However, when asked if he had a timetable in mind for the full restoration of the Council to an effective, fully governing body for the clans, Mr. Radiman responded that the "Council will be restored at the right time. There is no need to set a date, but further details will become public when it is the right time. Beginning to plan is the start though." He then turned and faced the crowd, telling all in attendance to "begin to collect together as one. The time will be soon."

Even with Mr. Radiman’s reassurances, opinions among clan members as to the progress being made was mixed.

"It was my first time listening to him speak in public, but I believe he was not specific enough on what he spoke of," stated Jade "Fightprncs" Emerald, an applicant with the Conflicted Singularity Clan. "A better prediction of when the Council of Truth was to be reformed would have been better, since this has been in the works for a good time now."

Commander "Windguaerd" Wagner, President of Clan Mercury Dragons and a clerk of the Council of Truth, responded to Ms. Emerald’s concerns, urging that "patience is key. The Council of Truth is still being held accountable by Omni-Tek departments. Caution is warranted. Also, we’d rather move slowly but surely, than run into a wall and get a bloody nose."

This opinion was echoed by Charissa "Maephina" Vein, President of Clan Conflicted Singularity. "I say, take all the time we need but something should be done to show that the reformation process is proceeding, otherwise everyone feels we’re all asleep at the wheel, so to speak." When asked what she thinks would be the best way to accomplish this task, Ms. Vein replied, stating "I do believe if the Council of Truth is to work, something must be done to show there is some kind of unity among the clans. At the very least, those clans who seem to care about the good will of all who call themselves clanners."

"This is only the second time I’ve seen Henry before. But he seems to be sincere in his wishes." Denise "Jeanette" Sandine, an applicant with Clan First Light stated, blushing slightly. "I arrived on this planet after the Council had dissolved, so all I have is history records to look at. I hope they succeed."

Many clan citizens who attended Mr. Radiman’s speech seemed somewhat disillusioned with the leader, and Commander "Caid" Notoris, an advisor with Clan First Light who has recently drawn public attention as a result of the accusations made against him concerning the Dust Brigade, attempted to explain why. "Mr. Radiman is a good speaker, I believe he is sincere and I believe he wants to rebuild the Council. But, there is always the past incident of him leaving without the knowledge of where he went. Perhaps if he explained [his absence] to the clans, then the support might increase. Right now, it’s fifty-fifty, I think."

Though outstanding questions still remain regarding Mr. Radiman’s past, one feeling above all else seems to pervade any discussion of the man. With each appearance he makes, with each word he speaks, he draws the clans closer to him and his dream of reforming the Council of Truth. And while the matter is, for the most part, in the hands of the clerks working tireless to restore its day-to-day operation, the visions of Henry Radiman, not only of David Marlin but of his view for a free, united clan populace, resound within us all.

We at the Free Journalists of Rubi-Ka wish Mr. Radiman, and especially the clerks of the Council of Truth, the best of luck in their efforts.

*Reads over the news on his ncu datapad and jots down a few notes*

Greetings my friends,

A time is upon us. A time to take what was legally obtained by another and steal it for ourselves. Yes, Rubi-Ka colonized and terra formed by Omni-Tek we must now take it from them. They have paid the expenses and now the clans must move forward and begin to take over.

Omni-Tek's work, capital, and labor has brought us to this point and we stand on the edge of claiming it all for ourselves. Let us walk in the path of David Marlin as he did. His guidance served the Council of Truth well in the first place. My mistake, the council disbanded. This time, yes, I promise, will be better. I think.

*Discards the news and memo he wrote in his trash box*
    Meldaeyn
    220 Omni Meta-Physicist on Rimor
    As long as the enemies of the corporation still draw breath, there can be no peace.

Re: Radiman: "The Time is Upon Us"

The longer we delay with this task, the more Omni-Tek can take our land, kill our children and steal our lives.

I used to respect Radiman as a statesman and man on integrity, but this is just cheap, dishonest emotional manupulation of the worse kind. If nothing else it's an insult to intelligence to the very Clanners it was directed to.

Let me say this once again: Omni-Tek is not doing anything to the Clans that the Clans are not also doing to Omni-Tek.

I deeply resent the Clan keep playing the victim card so often when, in actions, they are no different from the Omni they despise so. Assuming, for the sake of argument, Clan taking Omni land, killing Omni children and stealing Omni lives is justified by history, how is the Clan violence against Neutral, Rhinomen and Yuttos possibly be justified?

I am all in favour the new Council of Truth, I would love to see peaceful coexistance between Omni and Clan on this planet. But if the new Council of Truth wants to genuinely stand for the truth, its representatives should not indulge in this sort of sleazy, rabble-rousing rhethoric.

Disappointed,

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Feb 18th, 2004 at 09:35:26.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Just want to say that Im 100% behind you on this one Savoy.
    I for one am sick and tired of clanners whining about them being the victims on this planet. From what Ive heard of Radiman before this, I thought he was above this type of statements.
    Maybe Radiman is getting a bit desperate?
    I would also say Id love to see tha clanners follow one strong and peaceful leader, but are you able to do that? No really, are you capable of becoming one? Seems to me there are still too many "loose" ends among the clans for them to join forces and agree on anything atm.
    If you want a big family, come join Omni instead

I would also like to ask: Radiman, why have you suddenly decided to anger OT? Do you feel this is the kind of statements that should be given in order to further the cause of peace?

There are civilian losses on both side people, I for one know this.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

This was a waste of my time, I left helping my guild to attend this 3 minute stall, and walked away with nothing more than I came with. Extremely disappointing...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Re: Radiman: "The Time is Upon Us"

The longer we delay with this task, the more Omni-Tek can take our land, kill our children and steal our lives.
    Land snatching, I thought that was legal. *checks her lawbooks*
    Ah yes here it is.. Johnson Vs. ICC Johnson 6 ICC 0
    -Making new friends since April 29475

-My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought...careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

With statemens such as those Savoy pointed out i find it deathly obvious Radiment isnt in this for peace. The man wants power again, having lost it for so long - And as we all know, one of the quickest ways to power is through conflict.

Humph. Clanners playing the victim card yet again. Please.
    Division9, RSGE

Jaklin 'Vadimoridin' Jones - Doctor
    Mavron - Engineer
    Calis "Covayende" Camori - Martial Artist

(Not Div9 Affiliated)
    Marissa 'Tohdasar' Aristo - Doctor

Henry Radiman is a politician, and he is merely seeking to gain the popular support that he needs to return to the position of power, influence, and prestige that he once held. Now, to do so, he needs to court the Hawks of the Clans, to show that he is a leader that will protect the Clans from the spooky woojy boogeyman of Omni-Tek, despite that the clans are far more south of the treaty line that he himself signed off on in the Tir Accord. In addition, he’s trying to hide that he’s ultimately a theocrat who is motivated by a mystical vision of peace and brotherhood (yet he calls for increased conflict), abandoned his previous post of power, and finds inspiration in ancient leaders from an extinct species who were barely more than upright monkeys.

Ah, the strength of Democracy in action.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Would anyone honestly consider Mr. Radiman an actual partner in peace?

As far as I am concerned, his abandonment of the people by whom he was entrusted to lead is the least of his short comings. Until he answers to the outstanding charges of his terrorist involvement, he will remain firmly within the sight of the scope of my rifle, until Mr. Ross dicates otherwise.

To: Honored Radiman

I respect your 'freedom' to say whatever you want as a Clanner but can you please at least make up a good reason that I must leave the planet to you and the Clans? Because it is physiolgically impossible for me the leave the planet without being killed and that would be quite a diffcult decision for me to make in haste.

It would be really great if you can explain why I as an individual would need to accept such a drastic change. Note that I am seeking a sound and logical reason. Or offering an alternative to provide Omni-Tek employees the right to become a recognized political party within the Clans would also allow me to remain on world without killing myself. (I'd appreciate that!)

Regards,
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Kithrak
    To: Honored Radiman

I respect your 'freedom' to say whatever you want as a Clanner but can you please at least make up a good reason that I must leave the planet to you and the Clans? Because it is physiolgically impossible for me the leave the planet without being killed and that would be quite a diffcult decision for me to make in haste.

It would be really great if you can explain why I as an individual would need to accept such a drastic change. Note that I am seeking a sound and logical reason. Or offering an alternative to provide Omni-Tek employees the right to become a recognized political party within the Clans would also allow me to remain on world without killing myself. (I'd appreciate that!)
    I was wondering, Charles, if you could point out where it is that Mr. Radiman demanded that all Omni-Tek employees leave the planet. I seem not to have heard him say that, and I find no trace of it in the transcript. Would you enlighten me, or should I chalk this up as yet another example of you putting words into other people's mouths?

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

it is my opinion - if i may offer it and sometimes with the Clans it seems in doubt - that the clans make the point to remove Omni-tech from the ruling authority of Rubi-ka - any company members left... once the clans have taken control of cities like Rome, and Omni-Ent (hah!) would suffer extreme prejudice and hatred, as the cycle of violence returns. Dont try and deny it clanners, you personaly may not but many of your kind would!

With that, what option would there be but for OT employes to leave planet? Of course, then youd be consigning the Nanomage breed Loyal OT employes to either Death, or Prejudce probably leading to death.

Not that that willcome to pass i belive. Omni Tech is hear to stay, and even the fools at the ICC will support us eventualy as our contractual rights state.
    Division9, RSGE

Mavron - Engineer

(Not Div9 Affiliated)

There is no reason why Omni-Tek and the Clans cannot coexist in peace...once the demonic influence of the Unredeemed has been driven out of the corporation.

God save Omni-Tek!

-Blackpetal

Originally posted by Vadimoridin
    Not that that willcome to pass i belive. Omni Tech is hear to stay, and even the fools at the ICC will support us eventualy as our contractual rights state.
    A contractural agreement which will end within most of our lifetimes. Think about that for a few minutes. The more aggravated the situation on Rubi-Ka becomes, the less likely you are to get anything at all when that lease runs out.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Originally posted by Aerinyi

A contractural agreement which will end within most of our lifetimes. Think about that for a few minutes. The more aggravated the situation on Rubi-Ka becomes, the less likely you are to get anything at all when that lease runs out.
    And so long as you have criminals and terrorists leading your cause, our chances of obtaining a lease renewal from the ICC are that much better.

So, I suppose we at Omni-Tek owe Mssrs. Radiman and Silverstone a debt of gratitude.

blackpetal, think about it. do you truely believe once the Clans have control of Rubi-ka (an event i can never believe or even possibly see coming topass) that they would treat OT employes peacfully? Even you cannot be so naive!
    Division9, RSGE

Mavron - Engineer

(Not Div9 Affiliated)

Originally posted by Vadimoridin
    blackpetal, think about it. do you truely believe once the Clans have control of Rubi-ka (an event i can never believe or even possibly see coming topass) that they would treat OT employes peacfully? Even you cannot be so naive!
    I believe that if evil is driven out of the heart of the corporation, there will be a basis for reconciliation. That is all I said. I do not want, nor do I work towards Clan control of Rubi-Ka.

As to your highly hypothetical question of whether Omni-Tek employees would be treated fairly if the planet were controlled by the Clans, my highly hypothetical answer is, "probably not." Likewise, if the corporation, in its current, corrupted state, were to fully seize control of the planet, I am certain things would go quite poorly for Clan citizens. I'm not sure what the value is in discussing such wholey imaginary scenarios, though...

-Blackpetal

Originally posted by Ammicus

And so long as you have criminals and terrorists leading your cause, our chances of obtaining a lease renewal from the ICC are that much better.

So, I suppose we at Omni-Tek owe Mssrs. Radiman and Silverstone a debt of gratitude.
    Even if for the sake of argument I grant you your claim of criminals and terrorists leading the clans, I think you are far too optimistic. If you seriously think the ICC will favor a corporation that has utterly and completely failed to maintain a peaceful environment on Rubi-Ka over another corporation that may or may not fail so dismally, then you are a far poorer politician and businessman than I give you credit for.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    Atlantean

Terrorists who have no history but that of violence or thinly viled threats, or a corporation that has, admitdly not on Rubi-ka but on other planets in the galaxy, demonstrated good governing behavior?

Not to mention, if the lease is renewed, even to another corporation, do you think your fellow clanners would have the heart to carry on the fight another 1000 years? I give you credit for carrying it on as long as you have, but i sincerly doubt the clanners would be given control of theplanet - Omni tech has a history of good control elsewhere, whereas the clanners only have terrorist activities behind him - birthed in violence leads to a life of violence.

And ICC maybe a come fool for some matters, but i dont believe even they are naive enough not to see the fact that a clanner controled goverment would lash out against the Omni-Tech employees still planetside.
    Division9, RSGE

Mavron - Engineer

(Not Div9 Affiliated)

If I were you, I'd be keeping my eyes on the prize and worrying about that lease, not paranoid fantasies of clan world domination schemes. What we do or do not have the will to do will be the least of your concerns when the bids on Rubi-Ka's lease start rolling in.

Or have you forgotten the rumors that the ICC is in bed with Sol Banking? Consider whether you can take the chance on those rumors being true.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    Atlantean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast