Thread: Radiman is back, and the CoT begins to form

Radiman is back, and the CoT begins to form

Yesterday, I hear whispering amoung the crouds in Tir that Henri Radiman was there, and that he had a few things to say to us. The sense in the croud was excitement, and anticipation, as he started to speak. I flipped on my recorder and caught his comments.. (I edited out the enthusiastic shouts and yells from the crowd)

Henry Radiman: "I have a few words to say, those of you who care to listen, follow me.

Greetings my friends. The time is upon us. A time of rebirth. A time of renewal. A time of hope. A time of brotherhood. A time of peace among neighbors and a time of coming together to do that which is great and ultimately of what doing what is necessary.

In this chamber some time ago, we received a calling to reconvene a Great Council of Truth. that calling was ethereal, surreal and even strange to be certain. However, the visage of our beloved David Marlin was unmistakeable.

The spirit of that great man is within all of us. His wisdom of the past and his vision for the future of a place where all men are equal and at peace should inspire and encourage all of us to undertake this great task. It is the task of rebuilding the Council of Truth that I speak about today.

Today I renew his call to come together with renewed purpose. To come together to rebuild the Council of Truth to its former glory for all Clansmen on Rubi-Ka.

The longer we delay with this task, the more Omni-Tek can take our land, kill our children and steal our lives.

We must act now to renew our purpose.

We must act now to rebuild this great body for debate and governance.

We must act now to rise up together to send a message to the company.

We shall be heard. We shall rule our own lives. We shall reap our own benefits from our own labors.

We must act now my friends. We must act to rebuild the Council of Truth. Our path is clear and our purpose is noble. To quote the ancient American Earth President John .F. Kennedy, peace and freedom walk together.

Thank you and good night."

After these comments, there were a bunch of questions being asked. This are listed below, along with the answers
    Advisor--- Veritas
    Fixer
    Clan
    Indigenous Citizen of Rubi-ka

It started with Luckynuke's question, " what would you like us to do?"

Mr. Radiman responded, "Stand together and rebuild the Council of Truth"

Then Whatsamatta asked, "How shall we rebuild it, Mr. Radiman?"

Radiman's comments were, "There are people among you who know how. Listen to your leaders. I have contacts with Redstalker, Ceslenda, Violax, Sallust, Killchain and Tingertrish. Please listen to them for further information."

Itel, was present, at great personal risk, and expressed concern by asking, "Exuse me Henry Radiman are you acually saying that there will be an increase in teh violence on our home planet ?"

Unfortunatly Mr. Radiman didn't opt to respond to that query.

To sum this up, what do we do now? I think we need to find all the clans that are interested in helping to form the CoT and have them stand up and be counted! We will re-build the council, but we must do it. I am certain that more information will be available soon!
    Advisor--- Veritas
    Fixer
    Clan
    Indigenous Citizen of Rubi-ka

What Position Will The sentinels Take on the council of truth?

As a member of the sentinels And a guardian of tir, I ask what role we will play in the Reconstruction of the Council of Truth. As we have been defending this city from Omni scum, We would Like some positions In the council. I belive All aspects of clanners Should Come, From thoes in Vanguard, To even the Elusive Dust brigade. If all of us Dont come together, We can kiss all the work We have done on this planet Goodbye. As an Agent of the sentinels, I pledge my full support.

190 Agent Kranden

-Sentinels Special Ops-

sometimes to unspoken word is the one that is heard the best. I hope that in this case that saying will be wrong.
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

A Sentinel wanting Dust Brigade in the Council....
    I don´t think i need to say anything more.

And Mr. Radimans choice of words disturb me, even though i sinsearly hope that i am wrong in what i read that statement like.

Here´s to a re-created Council, and maybe a fresh start on the negotiations between OT and Clan.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

I thought we didn't negotiate with criminals.

And personally, even if I did see a necessity to do so, in the light of history I wouldn't count too much on Mr. Radiman, as far achieving a real cease-fire goes.

Neither have the clans, to my knowledge, ever manifested any ability to negotiate as a whole - even this so called "Council of Truth" as its best spoke only for a minor subpopulation of them all. Considering this, I feel that all talk about "negotiations with the clans" are needless self-deception. There is no such entity as "the clans", and I can't see why one figure from a history of failures in forming such an entity would suddenly give a reason to hope for a success in it.

Personally, I rather fight a war with the clanners than engage in any of these non-sensical "negotiations" with people who do not have the power to speak for the people they pretend to represent.

Naturally, I hope there is no necessity for the intensification of the conflict, despite Mr. Radiman's agitations. But the decision about that is in the hand of the clans.

--
    Meda "Grues" Shenkel
    Initiate Nano-Technician
    Member of L.R.P.G. / Omni-Tek
    Jobe / Borealis, Rubi-Ka
    Last edited by Grues; Feb 18th, 2004 at 17:13:14.

I think some Omni-Tek personnel are hearing things the wish to hear, not what is meant by Radiman.
    The spirit of that great man is within all of us. His wisdom of the past and his vision for the future of a place where all men are equal and at peace should inspire and encourage all of us to undertake this great task. It is the task of rebuilding the Council of Truth that I speak about today.
    All men equal and at peace. Clearly, Radiman wishes peace above war.

I think the biggest problem clans were confronted with ever since the original CoT disbanded, was the absence of a voice, one body to enter negotiations with Omni-Tek. Thus:
    We must act now to rise up together to send a message to the company.
    Some people might read a declaration of war into this. Clearly, he asks for the clans to come together, and, as one voice, enter negotiations with Omni-Tek. Many voices talking at the same time can not communicate. One voice can make itself heard and send a message. We can only have lasting peace if clan stands together as one and signs a treaty as one.

I must admit, I was very sceptical about this CoT. However, I see a lot of support growing among my fellow clansmen. A lot of it being a success or a failure depends on Omni-Tek now.
    Is OT prepared to acknowledge this new CoT as the voice of Clans?
    Is OT prepared to again acknowledge the Tir Accord that they signed themselves?
    Can OT admit that the Dust Brigade is an entity, separate from the Clans and with its own hidden agenda? That the crimes committed by the Dust Brigade, which ultimately led to the failure of the original CoT, were not sponsored by the Clans?

If they can, then maybe further peace talks are possible. If they can't, then I fear that this new CoT will again be a failure. In that case we are better off following a strong military leader who can defend our interests.

I thought we didn't negotiate with criminals.
    If you are talking about the Clans, you already did Grues. When Clan forces were less than 50 miles away from Omni-1, you signed a cease-fire, the Tir Accord.

Originally posted by Grues

Neither have the clans, to my knowledge, ever manifested any ability to negotiate as a whole - even this so called "Council of Truth" as its best spoke only for a minor subpopulation of them all. Considering this, I feel that all talk about "negotiations with the clans" are needless self-deception. There is no such entity as "the clans", and I can't see why one figure from a history of failures in forming such an entity would suddenly give a reason to hope for a success in it.
    Who says the Council of Truth has to speak for all clans? If some clans desire peace with Omni-tek and others do not, why cling to the ridiculous idea that the peaceful clans are responsible for the acts of terrorists from other clans?

Holding a member of Veritas responsible for the acts of the Sentinels seems as pointless as holding Omni-tek responsible for the actions of Sol Banking or some other corporation.

If some clans still want war, let them have their own separate council instead of leeching their honor from the more rational clans.

Omni can make peace with some clans and deal with the terrorists as they must at the same time. All that is required is giving up the misconception that the clans are a single unified faction.

Meh...

You dont Understand the clans, Unlike Omni which has its divisons all under control of Omni-prime, The clans work together, There is NO one Clan ruler, The clans are Grouped together from different People, Its one Huge alliance. The sentinels, Vanguard, New dawn. All of these are different groups with different Ideals, That all share one thing in common! Freedom on rubi-ka. If that involves Terrorsim, attacking omni bases, Political Views, They all want the same goal. Freedom.

Nuff been said

Sentinels Special Forces -Kranden

Re: Meh...

Originally posted by Kranden
    The sentinels, Vanguard, New dawn. All of these are different groups with different Ideals, That all share one thing in common! Freedom on rubi-ka. If that involves Terrorsim, attacking omni bases, Political Views, They all want the same goal. Freedom.
    But freedom doesn't include the right to choose NOT to be associated with terrorists?

If someone wants to go their own way, and you insist they must remain sided with your organization, then you are just as much a tyranny as Omni-tek. The freedom you claim to promote is a lie.

The CoT will welcome any clan in good standing,

but i assume that membership will come at the price of obeying the laws agreed upon by the Council..

in my opinion a small price to pay
    in return for hope of a permanent peace upon Rubi-ka

I urge all Brave and true Clans Leaders of Rubika (Rimor) to take a stance and support the hardworking people working on the rebirth of the council.

(sign in here)
    http://www.clan-assembly.org/cot/index.php
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

*Ceslenda stops shuffling the papers and puts them in a neat pile in her out tray. Unable to concentrate with her work, her mind has been otherwise engaged with the reformation of the Council of Truth.*

*Loads up her droid and he springs into action by her side, after running a lap of the office to ensure that he is in good working order*

Note to self: After thinking about the speech made my Mr Radiman a few of his words still ring in my head " We must act now to renew our purpose. We must act now to rebuild this great body for debate and governance" NOW is the time for action, NOW we have to encourage clans to join us for this task to be accomplished. Remind me to find some way to get this message accross to the Clan members of Rubi-Ka, we need all the support we can muster. Time waits for no man, we have to act soon.

*Ceslenda rises from her desk, leaves her office and starts the journey home, whilst her droid runs the opposite direction*

*sighs* i really need to talk to engineering about this darn droid!

OOC:Funny.

But if i were you i would ask leaders of larger omni and clam orgs whats the chanse that thay actually will suppost the council and will ask/order/advise/whatever the org members not attack on sight the members of other side in pvp zone (aka whats the chanse that you will see for exemple DF and Nemesis members sitting near 25% towers and chatting about how good the world is and how we all should love each other and protect the trees).
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

OOC: RP in AO is for a select few who actually disregard the rest of the people in the game who don't RP but yet continue on with the game storyline without them. We don't expect everyone to follow along with it, nor agree with it, nor understand it. We don't expect people in the power orgs to agree with anything we are doing, so don't trouble yourself over it.

IC - I've been over to the CoT's gridfeed. Not sure what to make of it though. Things still seem a bit fragmented and disorganized. I'll try and get in touch with you Redstalker to see if you can clean things up for me.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-11-07 04:09:22
    It will remain playable until : 2004-12-06 15:13:07

You dont Understand the clans, Unlike Omni which has its divisons all under control of Omni-prime, The clans work together, There is NO one Clan ruler,
    My point. There is no "The Clans" to negotiate with. There might be, as there have been in the past, some individual organizations the corporation might want to negotiate with (personally, I would advice against it, but I'm quite glad I don't have to do the decisions). Nevertheless, any organization or person, including Mr Radiman, who claims to speak for "The Clans" is obviously lying. The clanners don't have that kind of discipline or internal organization.

Some might call this "just semantics". I, however, consider it an important point to realize that "Clans" as an entity don't exist. You can't negotiate with them like you could with a corporation, and any efforts that are based on the false idea that we are dealing with a real coherent faction (instead of a collection of more or less criminal organizations) are likely to at least fail, if not lead to an escalation of the conflict.

--
    Meda "Grues" Shenkel
    Initiate Nano-Technician
    Unit Member of L.R.P.G.
    Jobe / Borealis, Rubi-Ka

[[ OOC: I as a player understand the situation more broadly, so if the above makes you feel like yelling, please yell IC at poor Meda. ]]