Thread: Can no longer complete "Describe Item" missions

Unhappy Can no longer complete "Describe Item" missions

I thought 13.0 was supposed to fix these? I had never found a broken one until 13.0, now they won't complete for me. Are they not working for other people?

Also can anyone tell me a type of mission that you can:

a) Always complete, and
    b) Get to the end of with 100% kills before you complete the objective (so as to get the token)...

Cheers,

Hossley
    Lv61 OT Fixer RK1

I experienced the same, but somehow I managed to complete two of those missions post 13.0... I _think I know what the trick is... haven't confirmed this though, since I read about the solution today at work and still haven't gotten home to play.

Word has it that in order to complete the Describe Item missions, you gotta be in the same room as it WITHOUT picking it up. After a little while, the mission is completed and then you can pick the item up. You've probably experienced this before, that you accidently completed the mission by just standing in the same room as the item. Try it, I think it works...

/Nev

For the observe item missions, I find that all you really need to do is target the item to complete the mission.

If you find that it isn't completing when you have targeted the item, then simply walking a few rooms away and coming back to try again usually fixes the problem.

Once the mission completes you can pick up the item.

Thanks for that Nevander, I'll give it a go.

What are other folks experiences with these missions post 13.0??

I have tried waiting. But how long do u have to wait ?

I waited a while for 2 missions... didn't seem to work.

I've killed everything, targeted it.. no reaction. Picked it up... put it down, zoned, every dam thing.

Does NOT work

Enno, if u're reading this... the post u've made before the board got it's 2nd wipe.... the solution does NOT work.

Pls fix this bug soon.

What about the observe people missions with targets that aggro on you are You able to finish them if you killed the target before ?
    I had such mission yesterday but as soon as the mission target aggrod on my pet I got the reward.
    [DarkZone], member of the e)X(odus
    [Zophee], [codCrat] both Clan of Darkness members

Missions you can complete

Do the use item missions. The ones they fixed in 13.0 since funcom tested them they seem to be the ones that are most reliable.

Funcom: Please test all the missions when making a change in the mission completion code.

They are broken for me too. Did 3 of the same sort in a row, no rewards at all. Tried all sorts to get it to complete with no joy.

I tried the assasination missions and they work fine so I'll stay with them until they fix their new bug

Describe item missions:

If you pick item up -> Mission REMOVED since target item no longer exists in mission. Dropping it back has no effect, since the mission is already removed. Meaning, don't pick it up until you complete mission.

How to complete -> Target item when closeby, wait about 5secs.

How to target -> single left click.

Works for me every time. Lost 3 missions from picking it up like old times though before figured the problem