Thread: Vehicles

Vehicles

Hey Everyone,

What types of vehicles is there in game? Can you still get a kodiak fairly cheap? (by that I mean under 100k) Where would you find it?

I would appreciate any and all info on vehicles.

Thanks,
    Siadon, RK1 OMNI

There are several so called vehicles ( I say so called, as they are really player morphs, and not able to carry passengers )

Common for all vehicles : they are not always available at the wanted QL or at all in stores... you may have to try the same stores over and over until they cycle in the QL / price you want.

The Mid : Looks like a probe and has bonuses / disadvantages depending on QL. Generally adds some to speed and conceal but has penalties otherwise. Generally to slow to be worth buying...I found mine in a chest.

Kodiak : Ground car. Decent starter vehicle. Low QL's can be found for 50-55K in advanced specialty stores.

Carrier Craft : Huge slow thing that adds to strength. Has no real use in the game as far as I can tell, at least not until weight starts encumbering you again. ( Weight used to slow you down )

Hydro Vehicle : Water vehicle that adds to swimming. Not really very useful unless you cross water all the time.

Yalmaha : This is the real deal, what everyone wants. Decent speed and air travel. Can be found for 4.5 mil and up ( or thereabouts ) in adv / sup specialty stores.

All vehicles can also be found in mission chests with some luck.

There is also a "secret" OT gunship but it is not very useful I hear.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Cool

Anyone know where I can find the lower quality level Kodiaks? For that matter, any vehicle under 100k? Any suggestions on where I could find one would be greatly appreciated.

I'll repeat part of my post :

"Common for all vehicles : they are not always available at the wanted QL or at all in stores... you may have to try the same stores over and over until they cycle in the QL / price you want. "

So try any and all advanced specialty shops over and over at different times of day until you find the one you want ?

Logical ? No. Hassle ? Yes.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !