Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Way to Find Loot outside Missions; Outdoors Hunting; Dyna-camp Ideas etc

Any more info in this?

Cosmik and Cranium,

You're a day late and a dollar short I'm afraid. AC2 will begin beta soon and SWG is not far behind. Even worse, there's been an exodus of players in the last two weeks that I've not seen since the likes of 12.6. In fact, some of the posters in this thread have already left.

Unless you can crank out these new features in about 30 days, the fat lady has sung.
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.

and there was much *bumpage*
    Gazi "Mottom" - Master 5th Dan

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it. " -Confucious

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface

Bumpage there was indeed.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Unhappy SEVEN pages and counting

I agree, ALOT of ppl have left these last 2 weeks....

Its sad really, and I feel I have wasted my investment in this project as no1 seems to respond.....................

I wouldn't wait for SHadowlands to introduce a viable outdoor hunting solution. Very bad business.
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

I have personally taken to BEGGING at least a half dozen people not to quit over the last 3 weeks. The people who have Camelot and Smuggler's dungeons wrapped up all for their happy little community of about two percent of the population don't realize what is happening outside their sheltered little worlds.

There is absolutely NOTHING for us normal people to do. If there were an option besides the static dungeons, I would not be pissing and moaning about how these groups have monopolized the only two playfields where our guys could spend a few hours and sign off with a smile on our faces.

I've managed to get an agreement to try one of the two dungeons on an off night at a late time period. Now if we find it is filled from stem to stern with the members of some super guild, what do I tell our guys we are going to do as a fallback plan?

I could suggest hunting the Artery Valleys but that just isn't fun the way they are layed out and hunting should be more like your job than something you do as an event. (Not that you could seriously consider outdoor hunting as a means to advance your character).

People are leaving in DROVES once they realize that today will be a mission, tomorrow will be a mission, the day after that will be a mission ...

bump

Dyna-Camps update overdue.

Each week, on my buddy list, the offline list grows longer while the online list shrinks ever shorter. That means, each week, there's growing reason not to stay on a dying world.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

I am NOT leaving this game, not for a long time. Don't be impatient, stay with the game for a while longer, SWG will be crap (i bet), and things like neocron just look awful. AO is the best MMORPG, and wil be for some time to come.
    BiggerDave - 93 Omni Soldier
    Fethers - 43 Omni Agent
    Phetherz - 18 Omni Doctor

Unit member of Omni-Tek Blackwolf Operations

BiggerDave, you are about 20 levels from getting your first pang of 'geez, this just isn't fun. Why am I logging on again?'

Unless you join The Council or switch to Clan and you'll have a couple choices. Then of course you will have fun for quite a few more weeks after that.

I guess there are options to missions above 100 after all.

Yeah, i've left my lvl 67 soldier for a while, the game is much more fun at lower levels. I hope shadowlands and these dyna camps will sort out the higher level game.
    BiggerDave - 93 Omni Soldier
    Fethers - 43 Omni Agent
    Phetherz - 18 Omni Doctor

Unit member of Omni-Tek Blackwolf Operations

I have some slight hope for AO around the Fall timeframe. I think 14.4 might breathe some life into the game as well.

If they wanted to know what to work on it could be summed up in three quick points.

#1 We need something to do. We're bored of mission after mission. We have forgotten why we are doing missions after lo so many months. What are our options? You provided the Static Dungeons, yet they have been siezed by a miniscule portion of your playerbase. Team missions are just missions. Tradeskills are of little value and you must sacrifice you killing ability which is the only way to level in the game.

Tell me what to do besides another mission.

#2 PvP is so broken it's not even funny. You focus on profession balance while none of us even care to PvP in the first place. You provide no incentive for one group to fight another, yet encourage single players to attack other single players. You give us no reason in-game to attack another player. You provide easy outs via shops, and zoning. Even the pitiful Single Player PvP-Titles reward those who have the best running away skills. Ganking is encouraged by allowing one to loot anybody they kill who hasn't saved. All advantages go to the agressor. No repurcussions are to be had for those who engage in illogical actions such as killing their own side (players or guards) or hunting a simple neutral adventurer who happens to be out in the wilderness where the gas gets weak.

There are no options for guilds to 'spar' with each other devoid of interferance from a-holes. I can't even smack my guild leader on the back in my own apartment.

PvP is such a distasteful portion of this game that it doesn't provide the foil for so many of us who are bored that it could if done right.

#3 Partially related to #1 and #2. There is no continuity into the events that are going on around the planet. We get a bunch of crap about what some guild did to rescue some painter, but who the hell really cares. What is our reason for waking up in the morning? Is it to do another mission? Crap, we know more about what George Bush had for breakfast than what P. Ross or H. Radiman are working on. The world is not a world in that we have no clue as to what the f the pyramid in Home is there for. Who created the first Cyborgs. Should Omni support or destroy them? What the hell is going on? The game is turning more and more into a 'game' everyday and less and less of an online world. UO still kicks all the other MMORPG's asses to this very day in this last respect.

Logging on without having a purpose for my actions is getting stale.

- Give me something to do next Tuesday when I log on.
    - If there's a battle gonna rage, make sure it's a battle with a purpose, and a goal.
    - Start the story already and provide context for all these people running around from place to place.

Gave feedback and asked for dyna-camp update via the feedback form.

No response yet.
    Ino

Atlantean

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...325#post479533

Outdoors 1st if Cosmik is reading this......
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

So where's the update already??

No communication with bored customers? By the time FC decides to communicate, will there be any customers left to care about it?
    Ino

Atlantean

Question bump ...

So many good suggestions, discussions in this thread ... good stuff, good input ... even has some official info, sketchy but still it's official info ... wonder why this thread was not made sticky?

Edited to include this bit of info from a poll called ...
    What's the biggest problem in AO?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=25684

Last I saw in that poll, 38% (out of 134 votes) cited boredom, the biggest chunk among the votes.
    Last edited by Inocybe; Jun 6th, 2002 at 16:06:25.
    Ino

Atlantean

More info on the progress of dyna-camps please.

Dyna-Camps in 14.3, 14.4?

A dreadful thought just flashed through my mind ...

... what if dyna-camps are expansion pack material?
    Ino

Atlantean

Eeek dont say that Ino!
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast