Thread: Soldier/Enforcers for Tanks or Agents?

Soldier/Enforcers for Tanks or Agents?

Okay someone please I beg you tell me why do weak little agents get a critical hit buff? as it is they do too much damage
    if you were going to do anything for agent add armor that gives
    then HP and AC but give me a brake a critical hit buff who ever thought of that should be fired then strapped to a nuke and aim at his mother's head, I so mean that too. with no crit buff agents do a lot of damage I see agents with a ql 188 renee rifle like outdamaging an enforcer or soldiers in a team shouldn't enforcers and soldiers the ones that play tank for teams have a criticall buff I mean come on. sick and tired of been in a team where an agent is doing the tanking or even an MA. is like my MK10 shield is useless why even bother or a enforcers mongo why even give us the nano, give them all to the ones that are going to tank like agents and MAs.

You know I'm happy with my soldier I have lots of fun but I get really annoyed when I'm in a team and I see an agent tank I mean WHAT IS THE DEAL! I really though soldiers were the tanks and enforcers then MAs why do we even have agro nanos that doesn't even work and when they do we get out damage by a midget agent.

I have one question fine you made the agents have critical hit buffs and MAs but why just why do the ones that were design to tank have NOT A @#$% THING!!!! can someone at FC please just tell us why tank have no critical hit buff and AGENTS do?

-Soldier of Rubi-Ka will be the Cannon Fodder for the war while the Agents Tank everything in the world.....can we say DUMB idea FC?

r u nubi?

Agent has...

Dark blue body dev.
    Dark blue evades.
    Dark blue stamina if opifex.
    No AC buffs.
    No shield buffs.
    No reflect buffs.
    No HP buffs.
    No evade buffs.

The only thing the agent has is crappy damage buffs and temp crit buffs. Sure the agent does more damage than a soldier if the agent pulls out a few crits, but that is how it should be. The agent needs more damage to balance out their extremely poor defenses. If a soldier did more damage than an agent on top of their defenses than no one would ever be an agent unless they want to use that agent to farm cash for their main.

Granted the agent can go FP to use the same buffs as an enforcer... That then removes their ability to use agent combat nanos (root, snare, sureshot)... So really you have turned yourself into an extremely gimped tank by going FP enforcer, not the most effective way to play your agent.

Lets see so your saying. 2 profs should do the highest amount of damage as well and should also have the most hp. For the rest of the profs they should have less HP and do less damage. Now i got a question for ya. Doesn't that seem a little umm..... unbalanced???

Wouldn't it make sense for the highest damaging profs to have the least hp and the weakest damaging profs having the most HP if you want to balance the profs???

Now obviously that won't work to well in teams which is why they made things like mongo for enforcers. Your supposed to NEED to use it to get the aggro. And soldier weapons for the most part have alot of high damage specials which you can open up with and mean that while damage over time you may not do the most damage the initial high damage attack means your going to get the aggro most of the time.

They also make things called aggression multipliers i believe?? maybe you would have easier time if you invested in one.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

The buffs are fine. Agents (and MAs) should just learn to stop using them in teams.

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck

They also make things called aggression multipliers i believe?? maybe you would have easier time if you invested in one.
    If an agent opens the fight with a 8K+ Aimed Shot, the mob is glued to this agent forever. Trust me on this one.

Re: Soldier/Enforcers for Tanks or Agents?

Originally posted by Suprnettek
    Okay someone please I beg you tell me why do weak little agents get a critical hit buff?
    /.../
    .....can we say DUMB idea FC?

...can we say DUMB question Suprnettek?

Ok, let me introduce you to the idea of a role-playing-game:

Agents are the ones supposed to be Snipers and Assassins, that´s why they got Aimed Shot and Crit Buff (self, of course).

You got the idea?

No?

...ah, nevermind.

Saying agents should do more damage then soldiers because they have less hp's is a faulty argument. All a soldier can do is tank ok, and do damage, they cannot root, or DoT, or FP to any other proff, or hide, or see other people hidden, or... ect ect.

Thusly they have to be great damage dealers because that's their only option in a fight.

Oh, and aggression enhancers don't work. Neither do taunt nano's.

And if you get yourself one of those X-3's (yes I know they're rare) you will be doing more damage then a soldier .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Nerf the crit on agents

Once an agent gets one of the new rifles X-3 plus their critical hit that's it nobody else can out damage them. Now yes agents do have a blue body dev hhmm what does that tell you not that they should do the most damage duh only someone stupid would even say that. it means that you shouldn't be the one doing the most damage since you have so little HP meaning maybe instead of a critical hit buff you should have a HP buff or AC buff or shield. agents withs critical buff is just dumb. next time I'm in a team with an agent I'll just let him tank and I'll watch the fight how is that. AGENTS SHOULD NOT HAVE CRITITAL HIT BUFF. that is a buff for damager dealers for tanks. but everyone wants to be so equal to the tanks then why call them tanks? yes the nano tants don't work the ql 200 aggression enhancers.......I guess cause you're an agent you just don't see it, tanks should do more damage to keep the agro and to avoid people from dying in teams, how is that possible if we can out damage the weak classes like agents for one or because agents are week and have a dark blue body dev it means that they should get a new weapon that hits anywhere from 9999-10000(1000) I don't think so. now I understand that in pvp it maybe a little different but it would work out fine if you think about it. if a soldier MKs they wouldn't be able to cast the critical buff that lets say last about 10-15 secs....
    I've heard agents complain and complain yet they can make the most money in game since they sneak 100% hard missions. they can do pretty sick damage to keep me from getting the agro, they can now FP to soldier and use the same buffs as any soldier and still root and stuff.
    Agents shouldn't out damage a tank I think that makes sence if you are so week why dont you ask for nanos that would help you from dying instead of asking for more damage to get you kill in the end and then start complaining about how little HP you have.

You just dont have a clue about crit buffs for agents... - they a pure PvP only. 5-6 sec crit buff and 10-15 min wait. Its just like dimach - good in PvP but nothing to speak in PvM. 18 sec crit buff is also nothing to speak about - this buff hard to be used in FP and give just 15-30% chance for 18 sec - every 2 min. So not as good too. These buffs there given to agent mainly for PvP - so they would have chance at higher lvls PvP. Soldiers with they alpha-strike shouldn't whine about dmg, and with they MK's shield shouldn't whine about HP...
    P.S. There is ALREADY huge balance issues at higher levels (130+) as Agents equip alpha-strike weapon and with they crit buff its deadly in PvP. Imagine this in hand of soldier from lvl 30 or so - this will completly destroy any balance in PvP for soldiers...

Re: Soldier/Enforcers for Tanks or Agents?

Originally posted by Suprnettek
    Okay someone please I beg you tell me why do weak little agents get a critical hit buff?
    You answered your own question there. We get Crit buffs because we need to have high dmg output to counter our poor defence.

You haven't figured out the role of the tank either... The Tank is there to take the punishment. Not to do most dmg. The team does the killing, the tank is taking the hits. That's the way it works.
    Malcom Freiman, aka Corz, Clanner RK2

We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

I think the faulty mechanics in this case is the mobs hate list.

The tanker classes should get a new line of nanos.
    Call it "Make it stick".. You get aggro, cast the nano and it blocks the mobs hate list so it won't aggro anyone else but it's current fighting target.
    Wouldn't that be great? All you guys can crit as much as you want, us tanks can do what we're supposed to do -- Tank.
    Giving tanks this nano shouldn't create any problems with regards to unique mobs either. Who'd WANT to tank Tarasque anyways?

Any thoughts? Should i post this as a new thread, perhaps?
    Splatmaker

Proud Ragnarok member

Splatmaker -- Enforcer
    Darquan --Soldier (Retired)

"Stop wasting air on my planet" - Meetloaf
    "Aman skattadu wattaman skattadu" - Anonymous crazy little trader

Sorry to disagree with you Supr, but in all reality (real world and fictional) a snipers code is 1 shot 1 kill (hints the good damage on aim shot). As far as the crit buffs...come on...these are assasins, their suppose to be better shots than your typical grunt soldier that empty's a clip every minute or less.

Originally posted by darquan

Wouldn't that be great? All you guys can crit as much as you want, us tanks can do what we're supposed to do -- Tank.
    Spot on, darq...
    The problem here is not the crit buffs per se... considering the fact that heals draw "sticky" aggro as well. In this light, it's fully understandable that they made a reduction in available crit buffs.

I've played my enf in a team with a shottie wielding doc, two shottie wielding traders and a fist using MA, all running crit buffs (talking pre. 14.2 crit buffs here). i didn't do much tanking, no

The solution to this problem is more like:
    "Fix the aggression ehancing items and nanos, or make new and better ones!"

All in my most humble opinion, of course
    Last edited by Hitokage; Jun 17th, 2002 at 12:38:01.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Originally posted by Hitokage
    or make new and better ones
    *cough* kinda what i'm hinting at
    Splatmaker

Proud Ragnarok member

Splatmaker -- Enforcer
    Darquan --Soldier (Retired)

"Stop wasting air on my planet" - Meetloaf
    "Aman skattadu wattaman skattadu" - Anonymous crazy little trader