Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conflicting Loyalties

Originally posted by Blackpetal [/b]
    You can be quite certain that I'm going to "interfere" with Omni-Tek. And I WILL cleanse my beloved corporation. I'm not surprised you find this threatening, Charles, but the masses will see that I am doing good.[/B]
    Ah. Finally something that ain't wrapped in shiny words and meta-physical garble meant to attract tha naive ones... and which reveals exactly what has been our point.

Argue as much as ya want . Show as much "evidence" as ya want. Claim in tha 'righteousness' of yer actions fer days, months, years. But in tha end, yer still tha one trying to force yer views, yer still acting in tha name of a belief, which is somethign extremely subjective. What is 'interference' supposed to mean? Undermining? Open threats? Shall we stay arms-crossed perhaps, waiting fer ya to perform yer 'good acts' and nod, sayin "uh-huh, she's doing 'good things', let's wait until she's done with us"?

Why not simply admit that ya ain't better or more righteous than us, even though ya go on pursuing tha illusion ya are.
    Last edited by Demenzia; Feb 21st, 2004 at 09:54:00.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Originally posted by Blackpetal
    God save Omni-Tek!
    *shakes his head*

There is no 'fate' or the preordained. It is ourselves and ourselves alone that must decide the path we need to take.

I sincerely hope that logic can save you from comitting yourself to a course of action that you may come to regret later on....

You do what you must do and I will do what I must to protect Omni-Tek.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Blackpetal
    As for Daimoness and her moral relativism...it sickens me, and I won't even entertain the argument any more--it has been given too much play already.
    Call it whatever name you please to. However, judging the world only in black and white may - though being conveniently easy to use - proved to not describe the reality to me. Philosophy teaches us that reality exists only in the subjective perception of the individual. I do not want to use overly simplicistic concepts, they hold too much of an ideology within.

Also, do not dismiss the metaphysical discussions, cause the Shadowlands are in many ways a metaphyiscal realm. Good and Evil are moral values, absolute in their kind, and as such non-existent in the real world. I do not believe in god, or in his opponent. I do not believe in fate. I do believe in certain ethics and I try to live up to them, in the same way you do.

Behold, though, that I share some of your beliefs - the Unredeemed are my enemy, they hate me and I fight them wherever I see them because I think that their goals are opposed to mine. But I choose not to believe that Omni-Tek is a facade and the Unredeemed are it's Puppet Masters.

The only truely evil thing I have seen in the Shadowlands are those that have no faction. They are not standing for anything, they are only defined by what they are fighting - the abominations of the Brink, tearing apart the very fabric of the Shadowlands. The enemies of Ergo.

Blackpetal, I do not envy you. You are a renegade of Omni-Tek and as thus regarded as an enemy by most of them. But in the same way you despise those that you took shelter with - the clans. You're quite left out in the open, but in trying to fight everyone you might end with achieving nothing. Still, you believe in something, and that's more than many others around here do.

I'm not your enemy. I'm the enemy of those that seek to exploit this planet and not caring for the people that live here. And I am the enemy of those that seek to only destroy, not to build a better future.

Daimoness Wright
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

You reject the Clans as much as you do the Unredeemed, then?

It is clear that just as Omni-Tek and the Unredeemed are allied, so too are the Redeemed and the Clans. If you see the former two as inseperable, logical consistency demands the same of the latter.

If the Clans are a threat...if they are as much your enemy as the Unredeemed...then tell me why you are willing to back the Redeemed, yet not their agents on Rubi-Ka.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Akaran, as a loyal Omni-Tek Member, even I am sickened by your bigotry. You are blind because you want to be blind, and only see what you want to see - at the very least i provide evidence for my views. And reasoned logic. Blackpetal, while i disagree with her method's, has good reasoned out answers and directions. You simply Throw your accusations about without bothering to look up the facts - facts everyone clearly knows. EVERYONE who bothers to look knows Blackpetal does not support the Clans, but decided the only way to fight the UnRedeemed was from outside the company - especialy after the Company disavoed her actions, turning her into an Exile.

Perhaps you should think before you let words come out of your mouth. I for one do not stand for extremely blinding Arrogance and stupidity among my staff - and i try and erradicate it from other Omni-Tek employees when i see it.

Get your facts straight before commenting, how about that?
    Division9, RSGE

Jaklin 'Vadimoridin' Jones - Doctor
    Mavron - Engineer
    Calis "Covayende" Camori - Martial Artist

(Not Div9 Affiliated)
    Marissa 'Tohdasar' Aristo - Doctor

Bigotry?

We do indeed see what we want to see, if you see bigotry in my words. I simply seek to know why she has cast her lot with those she claims to hate.

I harbor no hatred for the Clans as a whole...I see them as largely misguided, a noble ideology hijacked by extremists. If this marks me in your eyes as a bigot...if hoping that the Clans may cast aside these extremist elements and make peace with Omni-Tek is a sign of intolerance -- then I will wear that badge with pride.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

did you not read a thing i said? Look at the facts! She has not cast her lot in with the clans, she is NOT clan affilliated, she is Omni in exile, and a seperate entity in her own right. Thats what im talking about blindness - Never once has blackpetal put the Loyal Opposition in with the Clans - she is NOT a clan, she is a department in exile. And that is where all the difference lies.

And i cant believe im defending her, but at least she is clear in her actions and her purpose, and i respect her for that even if i disagree with her methods.
    Division9, RSGE

Jaklin 'Vadimoridin' Jones - Doctor
    Mavron - Engineer
    Calis "Covayende" Camori - Martial Artist

(Not Div9 Affiliated)
    Marissa 'Tohdasar' Aristo - Doctor

I will concede the point, Vadimoridin, though I see little in her actions to mark her as Omni-Tek.

The question still remains. The Redeemed back the Clans. The Clans are currently being controlled by extremist groups like Storm and the Sentinels. who would see every last Omni-Tek employee butchered like animals given the chance.

Why do the Redeemed, if they are the "holy" and "pure" and "good" Shadowlands denizens they claim to be, still render assistance to these groups?
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Blackpetal explained the Clan/Redeemed connection recently. In short, she claims that the clans are a “fractured, often malicious group.” To her, Silverstone represents one Clan, and is an example of the worst elements of human nature, and is neither good nor Redeemed, nor Unredeemed. She later goes on to say that the Redeemed have formed an alliance with the Clans to defend themselves against “the twin dangers of the Unredeemed and their puppet, Omni-Tek.”

Also, she continues to maintain that despite having entered into a breach of contract with the Omni-Tek corporation, that she is a trustworthy loyalist who does not support the Clans, and that it is her duty as a loyal Omni-Tek employee to breach her contract and purge the Corporation of all that is evil and unjust. “You can be quite certain that I'm going to "interfere" with Omni-Tek. And I WILL cleanse my beloved corporation.”

She bases this recent change in her life on the knowledge that "The fact that Omni-Tek has entered into pacts with these creatures...that is unacceptable…The Unredeemed are nothing less than demons. They are the Fallen." Now to support her claim, she asserts that "Both the Redeemed and Unredeemed have documented their history quite thoroughly, if one knows where to look." One example is translated documents that were stolen from her that she can recite from memory that clearly mention Omni-Tek as being pawns of the Unredeemed.

I’ve tried to give some reason to her actions. In the final analysis, she represents a threat to the Clans as well. She seeks their protection and has transferred her citizenship, but refuses to conceder herself anything but a loyal Omni-Tek department head in exile. Should the Clans reach another state of ceasefire with Omni-Tek, she and her “department” would by all indications ignore the wishes of the clan government and continue their holy crusade against the Corporation, and in effect become no different from the extremist clans that were unaligned to the Council of Truth at the close of the third civil war. Clans like Silverstone and his Sentinels.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123