Thread: Aomd

Question Aomd

Does anyone know where i can download a new version of AOMD that works?

I used "AOMD2-Order in the Chaos",but that version doesnt work anymore

Scyter lvl 89 MA

RK 1

Not clicksaver...

Clicksaver messes with some .dll files and seems to lock a percentage of its users up, quite a bad lockup at that. You eventually have to reboot your whole machine just to fix it. With that occurring I would like to resubmit Scyter's question... Does anyone know of a version of AOMD that is currently working?
    Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. If you should have any further questions or comments please contact someone at my office and I'll try to get back to you.

Re: Not clicksaver...

Originally posted by Isaah
    Clicksaver messes with some .dll files and seems to lock a percentage of its users up, quite a bad lockup at that. You eventually have to reboot your whole machine just to fix it. With that occurring I would like to resubmit Scyter's question... Does anyone know of a version of AOMD that is currently working?
    You mean you had to reboot your computer
    because you had problems while ClickSaver was running,
    or right after that ?
    It never happend to me, all i can say - great tool,
    many thanks to MORB

/Quantar

i've noticed it behaves as if the dll hooks stay in after you close down clicksaver.

if this is the case, maybe having the hooks release on clicksaver exit would alleviate part of the problem.

Yes, the hook stays in AO after you quit clicksaver, until you quit AO.

It's not supposed to make AO crash though, because all the patch does is diverting a function, execute some code (very simple: just look up for some value in the received packet to see if it's a mission packet, and if so find a special hidden window created by a thread of clicksaver and send it a message)n then call the original AO function that has been diverted.

All of this is done by injecting two dlls in the AO process. madCodeHookLib has a nice function to inject DLLs into a running process, but nothing to remove them. It would be a bit tricky to achieve to do so I think...

(btw I often have lockups that force me to reboot, even when not using ClickSaver, so it may be unrelated)

Anyway I'm doing a debug version with log files to try to find out why it crashes for some people...

very good point about crashes without clicksaver running. i know quite a few people are still compalining about these with some regularity.

maybe the people getting crashes with clicksaver could be nice enough to keep track if they get similar effects without clicksaver running.

All about the click...

My lockups aren't related to anything but clicksaver. I can play the game for hours on end, and have played the game all this time prior to the clicksaver program without any sort of locking up of my machine (either playing AO or otherwise). However with clicksaver open, (Not even getting missions) I can guarantee a lockup within 3 minutes at the most (of course the time varies usually). As I've said in past posts, other than the locking up on some users Clicksaver is a nice program. Clicksaver IS however the cause for the lockups on MY machine, perhaps it is a Win98 configuration that some of us have, or a particular way we have AO installed, I don't know my skills at diagnosing the problem that specifically aren't up to par with some of you. I do know that Clicksaver is THE reactive agent in this though, I take it away and the lockups stop; start the program and the lockups return. It is such a damn nice program though that I hope someone finds a work-around for this.
    Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. If you should have any further questions or comments please contact someone at my office and I'll try to get back to you.

I experience crashes requiring reboot usually once or twice a day sometimes more sometimes less. My experiences with clicksaver is that with the exception of the first few versions, they have not change the amount i crash the slightest.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

I gave ClickSaver a try and i think it's cool. No problems with it

Hi ...

Well i just come back to AO (Cause of the german announcement)

My system changed complete since the old days.
    Now it semms the client Freezes my system after an Hour or two.
    Screen locks up for a minute or two then turns black.
    After freeze music keeps playing for a few seconds then ends.

And No ... dont using clicksave .

Cool thanks for the info

Im using Clicksaver now,and it works good for me

Scyter lvl 89 MA

RK 1

Running latest version of Clicksaver not only repeatedly crashed my AO client, it also completely hosed my Win XP Pro install. Don't ask me how. All I know is that I had zero system problems up until the point I downloaded this program. I scanned the .zip for malicious code before and after extraction and running and came up negative, run the prog and nearly hit the roof with glee (modem user) that it worked. Ran mission, zoned, BSOD. Reboot, BSOD, managed to get into safe mode and performed a rollback, reboot and start AO, run Clicksaver again, 10 minutes later I get bsod'd again and this time I could not restart my OS at all.

Luckily enough I did a quick port of essential files and folders to my D: drive while in safe mode so rather than do a system recovery I just re-installed and everything seems ok. I won't be running that program again which is a damn shame as it's a handy piece of code :/
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment