Thread: A change that's overdue in tir

A change that's overdue in tir

Does anyone else get tired of the endless begging that goes on in tir? It's gotten to the point where you can't sit at the mission terminals by backyard 5 for more then a minute without getting tells asking for money or buffs. I shudder at the thought of using one of the convenient mission terms in tir due to the swarms of low lvl's floating around.

What we need in tir is a pair of mission terminals up on the rooftops. Up on one of those buildings with a landing pad, so that we can fly into tir and get a mission or two in peace. Sometimes I can't bear the thought of another /tell asking "can u give me some credits".

An exit into tir county on the north side of tir at that lvl would be cool too.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Beggers are a pain, the odd one who asks you advice is fine, but the constant hassel for money is an utter pain. The problem isnt only limited to Tir though, its world wide which is the sad thing about it. We all had to work hard for our money, and all this begging is disgusting...shame we cant just shoot them
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

--- script source : beggar ---

/tell %t Thank you for registering with Ignore-A-Beggar. Your unwillingess to work for money, and preferring to harass players instead has been noted. Your case has been forwarded to Ownz outside Tir West Gate. If you have any questions, it will be happy to talk to you. All future requests from you will be filed in a small but active volcano. Have a NICE day.
    /ignore %t
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Good one Seid

I am proud to say I NEVER begged for money (as I'm sure most people haven't done).
    I wish sometimes that shops were 0% zones - and all beggars could be killed then looted - that'd teach them.

I once saw one who was begging for 1000 credits for about an hour, he could have earned about 5k in that time (even at lvl 2 - and he was about lvl 5).
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

I've actually created that Macro - it broken up into six pieces (I didn't know macros had limits).
    Can't wait to meet a beggar now
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

I used to give to beggars, till the time I saw a guy I'd donated to a half hour before, wandering around in better gear than mine (that was in EQ, where you could tell by looking.)

Being a engie i tell em sure i can help you just team with me.

Fly out to the middle of baddie land find a save terminal warp em in Tell em to save there incase they die they don't wanna loose their money

Give em 1k and fly off. Good luck getting back sucker

I never asked for a credit in my life and engie is probably the most expensive prof to play. Thinking about it i've probably paid out like 30-40 million in tips for buffs alone.

damn beggers
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

I only 'begged' for money as fufilling my 'fixer' roll.. but it was only a joke. (I 'mugged' people [I knew ] for millions of credits.. ) But luckily on RK2 it isn't as much of a problem. The biggest thing that I hate (as I do play on RK1 a bit) is that most of them are not n00bs, but people level 50 and under begging for credits on lowbie characters.
    ~Chris

Thumbs up

0% would sure add a taste of reality into the Rubi-KA world wouldn't it =D WTF is this you can't attack a member of the opposite faction unless ur in a special area.. bah i say oompa loompa to that Would make everything alot more exciting. Execute the beggars! LOL
    Last edited by korsan; May 8th, 2002 at 06:36:23.

Re: A change that's overdue in tir

Originally posted by Sredni
    Does anyone else get tired of the endless begging that goes on in tir? It's gotten to the point where you can't sit at the mission terminals by backyard 5 for more then a minute without getting tells asking for money or buffs. I shudder at the thought of using one of the convenient mission terms in tir due to the swarms of low lvl's floating around.

What we need in tir is a pair of mission terminals up on the rooftops. Up on one of those buildings with a landing pad, so that we can fly into tir and get a mission or two in peace. Sometimes I can't bear the thought of another /tell asking "can u give me some credits".
    *lol* Well, being as I've had a level 10 alt in a Yalmaha before...

I think what you would like better is having mission terminals for lvl 100+ charcaters only inside a special room that wouldn't let you enter unless your level was >=100.

.. or even above 50. Or both.

--Tsk

I stoped giving to beggers for a simple reason, some of them are actualy just made for the single porpuse of begging, they go arround town begging everyone, and one week later transfer the money to their main and go buy a yalma, they are also rude and dont say thank you.

I cought a lvl one begging me for money to buy med packs, i asked him where he got the 1k to get out of BY at lvl 1... he did not anwser. To everyone that begs me i say No. If they insist a /ignore <name> will do the trick, i dont even need to target them.

Beggars are a pain in this game, the knowing that there are real people sitting at their computer that are beggind makes me asking where those people are from and how they life in real life.

i would be ashamed to beg, its a much better feeling to earn your stuff by hard work never mind if in real life or in this game..

shame on you lousy and lazy beggar people.....

i remember when i needed 20k for a new weapon that i went to a L10 OT camp and killed mobs for 2 hours to get the cash......