Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pets attacking groupmates when owner dies!

Pets attacking groupmates when owner dies!

What the hell is with these pets starting to attack other groupmates when the owners die?! That crazy **** happened just a second ago and cost a couple of mil worth of xp to the fixer in our group because everyone else was so 'amazed' by it that they just stood around with their thumbs in their asses wondering what the hell was happening.

I'm a pet user, and I can damn sure tell you that this crap better not become commonplace or I'm out of business in this game! If after a pitched battle our group is beaten a bit but survives (and I happen to die) I can almost guarantee that my pet is going to take down at least a couple of folks if it starts this bull****. I spend a great deal of time and energy keeping my pets buffed and summoned as high as I can get them, tell me now that suddenly that is a detriment to my group instead of an assett...

You Funcom goons get your heads out of your asses and quit breaking the fixed ****...
    Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. If you should have any further questions or comments please contact someone at my office and I'll try to get back to you.

Pets do not aggro people when you die. What happened was someone decided to be cute and attacked your pet, or they attacked it by accident. Happens all the time, yet nobody ever admits it, because they die 95% of the time and are too embarrassed to admit they died doin something very silly.

The worst part is, they blamed you for what happened to them and perhaps even booted you from the team for something that was neither yours nor funcom's fault.

Pets will agro people when their owner dies. I've seen this happen twice personally and heard it from other engies/mps. In a group with two engies, me being the other engie, we lost the other engie, and his warbot started going around attacking people in our group. Not only did we have to contend with the warbot, but we had to kill whatever had killed our engie...

Actually I kinda like this. Its sort of poetic justice =\ The way to stop your crazy pet is to either kill it, or bring back the owner quickly, course with two engies this is usually a possibility ^^

yup yup yup. pets have no sence of group loyalty anymore. was teaming with my rl buds. the crat died his bot went ape S***. started attacking us. But i showed that crat assistant that crat bots even 10 levels higher are no match for a engi bot.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

I'll get QA to look into this. Has anyone noticed any consistencies with with pet aggro though? ie team mates running nanos that may affect the pet in some way, or someone in the team being from another alignment etc etc?

And as for the goon comment, hey, I resemble that.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

I saw this happen once, but it was no big deal to me then, because we had two engies, one clan, one omni.. The omni one died, and his bot attacked the clan engie's bot. The omni's bot died and nothing further happened..

Exclamation I have seen this first hand

people are getting creative with this one, I had a guy first tell his bot to attack mine then terminate... fluffytech was the losers name, anyway there is some kind of agro going on with pets that dont have owners anymore. the problem was fixed awhile back but seems to have creaped back out again... I have seen lots of people die as of late from ld enggie/crat/mp owners, I dont hesitate to kill a pet if the owner ld's unless its a slayer
    now that I think about it, the last time this happened I was in a team at the MBC and the enggie went ld 1/2 into a fight with bullie, ... after we killed the bully " pet was still fighting bully, after owner ld " I guess the pet had some extra agro going becuse it turned on the closest person to him, killed that person
    "You eat the Bronto Burger, I want a taco !"

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    Fishtaco Engineer NEW NAME is Craftwoman
    Americanpie Agent - Retired
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat
    Account Created 2001-06-27 15:29:57

lol

yeah my demon went bezerk once when i died in a team mission.
    I could see the screams of my team mates as the demon swiftly killed 2 of them before the doc realised what was goin on and started healing the enforcer.

Same thing happens when you get killed in the arena and are saved nearby, the pet will go crazy and start killing ppl and do full dmg.

OMG ROFL.

Americanpie, I just read your sig. I blew Pepsi clear across the room. Quite a feat when done through your nose!

Catch ya planetside.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

There is something fishy about this, but I do not now what.

I've seen this a couple of times too althoug I may think some funny guys tends to attack it first.

(I trust my bot to do what I tell him)
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

I have only seen this when the team is of a different political view than the pet.

For example my pets are clan because i am, but my team can be neutral and that is when it happens a clan pet will attack a neutral team if the opponent of the team is clan.

You are mistaken...

You're wrong on that Deacon... Not only have other players been the victim of MY pets, but I have been the victim of other pet users 'mad' pets. And I damn sure didn't attack them, as a matter of fact the fight had been over for about 10 seconds and we were sitting around getting Nano back up and waiting on the MP to get his belongings and rejoin us in the mission. And the second time it happened to me personally the Bureaucrat's pet came attacking me from completely across the room while I was arranging items in my inventory while the 'crat got items out of the reclaim term before he was summoned back.
    Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. If you should have any further questions or comments please contact someone at my office and I'll try to get back to you.

=)

Funny sig but ohhh so true
    "You eat the Bronto Burger, I want a taco !"

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    Fishtaco Engineer NEW NAME is Craftwoman
    Americanpie Agent - Retired
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat
    Account Created 2001-06-27 15:29:57

I did mongo and did not realise our MP was LD and the "demon" got a bit angry at me.

BTW, that sig LOL!

pets never attack the team unless they are provoked. 99% of the time it's the enforcer mongo'ing that triggers it.
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

Wrong again...

Well being an MP I highly doubt that I'm able to Mongo... and since sitting and regaining Nano and health is a far stretch from attacking a masterless pet I doubt very much that anything I was doing at the moment can be construed as 'hostile' toward the pet. As for the times when it was MY pet attacking the group I cannot say, I was well on my way to the reclaim terminal by then, although no one in the group saw any combat messages prior to the pet attacking them. As for saying "Pets never attack the group...", well knowing for a fact that you weren't there for any of the scenarios me and my groups have reported, I wouldn't throw the word 'never' around too liberally...

[Edit] I wanted to throw in an issue that just happened a few hours before this recent server reset... Me and an Engineer friend were fighting the Blaster Beetle in Varmint Woods again (we've been doing that for at least 10 or 15 levels off and on), I'm an MP, while fighting the Beetle I picked up aggro and was killed, while waiting on me to get back my pet began attacking HIS pet, my friend began to send me messages asking me what the hell I was doing and so forth. I told him to take a couple of screen shots, and send a petition so we could get someone to look into it. After my pet killed his guardbot it just sat there and timed out, it did NOT aggro onto my friend like a mob would normally do if you issue a /pet attack command. I thought this strange and worth posting since a few of you all are Engineers and my encounter this at some point.
    Last edited by Isaah; May 8th, 2002 at 12:41:20.

Speaking of hilarious sigs...
    Originally posted by Taldrin
    Code:
                              .ijjt,                                                                     
                            .LW#####Dj             :jLDDLi         ;DG                jDt    :ji     ,:  
                           .K#########E:         ,L#######Ei      ;###.             ,D##L  .j##G   iW#f  
                          .L###########E;       ,K#########W:    ,E##D              E##E:  L##E,  i##W:  
                          t#############K.     .E###########L    L##Wt             t###;  i###,  jW#Ki   
                          E######EEW#####L     G############W.  .W##L             :W##j  ,W##i  i##K:    
                         .#####K;  :fW####:   ;####Wfi;fK####,  i###,            .L##K.  D##G  ,W##;     
                         ;#####,     :W###f  :E###K:    :W###i  G##E             L##E, .f##j  iK#Ki      
                         i####D       f###K, j###Ki      D###t .W##j            ,###;  f##D  :W#W,       
         GEL:   ,it;     i####f       :####j E###j       L###t ;###:            D##L  ;##W: .E##i        
         W##W, G####WL.  ;####t        E###G:###W        L###;.G##DtDK#KG.     t##K. .W##; ;D#Wt         
         f###EL#######D  :####i        L###E;###L        G###:;W#########G    iK#K; .G##f .E##;          
         .W############f  W###j        j###Et###t        E##K L###########.   E##i  G##j  L##j           
          iW#######DK###f G###G        i###Kf###;       .###L W####ELG####:  f##L  j##L  f#Wj            
           j######G ,E##W.iW##K        i###Ef###,       ;###;;###Gi   G##W. :W#W. :W#K. ;##i             
            E#####;  t###j.G###,       ;W##Dj###:       L##K L##j     f##G  D#K; ;E#D: jW#t              
            i#####,  .W##E ;###j       i###Gt###,      ;K##f K##:     E##; i##i .E#W: ;##L               
             E####,   G###: K##K       t###f;###,      L##E:,##D     ,##E ,E#D  j##i .K#D                
             ;K###t   ;###j ;###j      G##W;.W##j     ;###, L#W;    iK#G: D#E. ,#Kt ;DWt.                
              j###D    E##K, G##W,    ,###G. D##K.   :K##L  K#G.   tW#K.  it.  .t.  .;,                  
              .K###:   iW##G :G##WL;;tK###;  iW##EftGW##K. ,###EfLD##E: .Lf. :LD. .fE;                   
               ;###L    t###,  f#########j    ;W#######j.  L#######E;  :E#G. K#E ;D#f.                   
                L##W.    E##f   iE#####Dt      ,GW#WEG,    tDfDEDfi    :GL.  Gj: :ft                     
                 ;GD.    :fL,      :,:.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

I was out at BB pit the other day and sure enough. mechagirl went offline and her pet came a callin. Kept screaming FNbot FNbot. got it off of me and onto my pet and lived. Something is fishy with pet loyalty I tell you.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

/pet hunt

Owner leaves the area (death, LD, etc)

Hilarity ensues

Ok this is the funniest thread i've read this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast