Thread: Recent Omni March From Majestic Bridge

Recent Omni March From Majestic Bridge

Two thumbs up to Funcom.

I had a blast protecting Bully Bridge from the Omni assualt that was marching up the road to Newland City.

The event took place in the middle of nowhere and didn't bring the servers to their knees. It was a fun event, with plenty of Omni killing and Clan bravery.

In the past FC has staged events that have been total failures. Events where as soon as people responded to defend a city the servers would crash and no one would be able to get on for 30 minutes afterwards. Those events were horrible. The were poorly planned and staged in zones that already had such high traffic that they were in constant lag.

This event was great. It was in the middle of no where. Many people showed up and had a good time. The Omni Guards never made it to Newland. Their project was aborted. :} Go clan. Go Funcom.

It's amazing. I never though FC would learn from their mistakes. But they have. They staged an event that was fun and non-crashy :} Two thumbs up to FC for being able to learn from history.

an event?? wow?? really? got to be the first in months :P
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

was there loved it ended up jumping in the water to save my sorry behind:P. was great seeing that type of action.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Yes, there are events about once a month. Or more. Unfortunatly they usually bring the servers to their knees as soon as everyone shows up to defend a city. (which has been the theme for most events) I haven't enjoyed anyone them. Being kicked offline for 30 minutes for showing up to a call for help is no fun

But the recent event was very fun. Many clanners (and some Omni) showed up to stop a force of Omni guards who were marching on Newland. The neat thing was that it was in the middle of nowhere. It did crash the servers becuase it was not in an area that was known for it's lag. I hope to see more events like this in the future.

And I was making a point of giving the "Thumbs up" to FC because I left a rather scathing post after the last event I attended. The last one was the third attack that I had responded to, and subsequently been kicked from the servers (along with about 100 other players).

There was also an event where three black Omni guys attacked and killed all the players in West Athens. This is normally impossible, but FC had GM's lower the happy gas for a little while. It was fun for most people. It wasn't fun for me becuase I was the first person shot and killed, then attacked again while trying to reclaim, auto fired, ran out of bullets, and my wrangled guns fell off. :} But it was fun for everyone else and there wasn't so much lag that a hundred people got licked from the servers :}

Maybe with the new encapsulation and resulting extra bandwidth FC will be able to stage events in populated areas.

We can only hope :}