Thread: Newland Guard Initative - Now that Loren is gone...

Newland Guard Initative - Now that Loren is gone...

Now that Loren Warr and her Hired Thugs have left the city perhaps it is time to have a public ceremony to dedicate the occasion and celebrate the hard won victory in the pursuit of peace and a better future for the Rubi-Kan citizens?

Neutrals and Omni-Tek employees supplied the brains, logistics and resolve. The Clans supplied the......muscle at the end.

Are there any loose ends that should be tied up or delt with besides hunting down the corporate saboteurs?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

There might be some loose ends that should be tied to a stake and dowsed with Yalm fuel...
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Dr. Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu:

Loose ends? Yea, your sense of reality.

May I quote your esteemed leader as saying, "this money has no ties to Omni-Tek."

Can't think of much else, other than Mr. Ross's generous donation, that Omni-Tek actually did... I mean, aside from placing the Warrs there in the first place.

But aside from that, you are correct. This is a time for celebration. Just let us remember who did what, instead of swilling about claiming the Neutral's glory for themselves.

After Ross left that last meeting, there was a long discussion, at which no Omnis were present, where we covered this very thing - that is, the sides swooping in to claim the glory and declare Newland as their pet project. I am sad to see that we were correct.

This is a Neutral achievement, despite all Omni (and Clan) claims to the contrary.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Originally posted by Nevver
    There might be some loose ends that should be tied to a stake and dowsed with Yalm fuel...
    That seems to be your solution to everything, Nevver... I certainly hope Omni-Mining isn't giving you paperwork to do...

No, correction. I hope they ARE giving you paperwork. A fire at Omni-Mining would be entirely too fortuitous for words...
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Originally posted by Blackpetal
    That seems to be your solution to everything, Nevver... I certainly hope Omni-Mining isn't giving you paperwork to do...

No, correction. I hope they ARE giving you paperwork. A fire at Omni-Mining would be entirely too fortuitous for words...
    What an evil thing to say, Blackpetal! You just gained some points with me.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Nevver

How glad I am that you have stepped foward and declared that your a loose end... And to put yourself to the stake Nevver... Wow that is perfect... Thank you for brighting (( could not resist )) my Friday the 13th..

I think this calls for a party...
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Originally posted by Blackpetal

Our paperwork is mostly digital now. Less money to wast on paper and it is not a fire hazard.

Originally posted by Zagadka
    Loose ends? Yea, your sense of reality.

May I quote your esteemed leader as saying, "this money has no ties to Omni-Tek."

Can't think of much else, other than Mr. Ross's generous donation, that Omni-Tek actually did... I mean, aside from placing the Warrs there in the first place.

But aside from that, you are correct. This is a time for celebration. Just let us remember who did what, instead of swilling about claiming the Neutral's glory for themselves.

After Ross left that last meeting, there was a long discussion, at which no Omnis were present, where we covered this very thing - that is, the sides swooping in to claim the glory and declare Newland as their pet project. I am sad to see that we were correct.

This is a Neutral achievement, despite all Omni (and Clan) claims to the contrary.
    For the record, I can prove that Omni-Tek did not put Loren Warr and her Hired Thugs in Newland City.

I don't like to sound boastful for Omni-Tek but I hate not giving credit when it is due, it was an Omni-Tek employee that laid the groundwork during the NGI's infant stages did it out of the spirit of charity, inspired after a Neutral charity event. Without which you wouldn't be here today complaining about exactly that, involvement by Omni-Tek employees on their own private time. CEO Ross included.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Anyone want to organize a social event to celebrate?

I suppose I'd better officially volunteer to help, lest it turn into an official Omni-Tek Lovefest.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Originally posted by Dr. Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu

I suppose I'd better officially volunteer to help, lest it turn into an official Omni-Tek Lovefest.
    Because we all know how horrible it would be for everyone to set politics temporarily aside to celebrate a mutually beneficial event. I, for one, will not stand for any politically-charged hostilities that may take place should such an event occur.

The defeat of Warr required a substantial amount of effort from all three factions, and as such should be viewed as an achievement by all the peoples of Rubi-Ka as a united force.

Let's honor this by setting our differences aside for a few hours, shall we? Those of you who wish to continue bickering over petty things, that are in no way related to Warr and her removal, should do their celebrating in Meetmedere. I'll do mine in Neuters 'R' Us.

To be fair, all the clans did was show up at the end and shout "We freed Newland City from Omni-Tek control!" But sure, celebrate their pivotal role we shall. If it weren't for the clans Loren wouldn't have been hired and if Loren wasn't hired we wouldn't have to work together to remove them.

Razishlyat, what exactly did you do anyway?

I hope yer not talkin' about when we all stood 'round in Neuters R Us and talked about who we all think is tryin' to take over Newland an' why...

'cause I'm Omni, however lame that might be, an' I was there. So was Nashka from R.U.R.

But, if ya had a secret meetin', then please disregard this comment. Just wanted ta set the record straight.
    Juliet "Lunya" Lochlan
    ~Adventurer (retired)

"Omni by profession, Neutral at heart."~

->This link guaranteed to make you smile every time!<-

Geez talk about Glory hogs, I'd be glad to partay with you Mr. Houston, Your a very admirable man.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21