Thread: How about smarter rewards from mission terminals?

Lightbulb How about smarter rewards from mission terminals?

Main main char is a Clan, nanomage Doctor. When I get missions at the terminal, it's very clear that it's a clan mission, and they know my profession because they tell me "Good luck, Doctor!"

So if they know who I am, *WHY* would they offer me Omni Desert Armor pieces as a rewards far more often than Doctor nanos, omni-med suits, biomech armor, or any one of a zillion things that are even remotely useful to me?

Whenever I use the terminal, I usually waste between 15-30 min trying to find a mission with a reward that's useful to me. That's a lot of playtime that I could be exploring, hunting, or otherwise enjoying the game instead.

Also--as I'm sure you've heard elsewhere--being a Doc I'm cash poor. That little cred charge for each use of the terminal may not seem like a lot at first, but after many many tries at the terminal it starts to hurt.

Here's my suggestion: add some intelligence to mission terminals so that roughly 1 in 6 missions generated offers a reward that's appropriate for your side, breed, or profession.

So, as a Doctor, in addition to the typical junk that's not at all helpful to me, with each pull of the mission lever there would be a strong chance of finding at least at least one Doctor nano, nanoskill-enhancing implant, piece of Cyber or Nano armor, pistol, deck equipment, PharmaTech tradeskill component, etc.

Smarter mission rewards would provide an incredible savings of time and credits to all players. I really, *really* hope you'll consider it.

Sounds Good!

I certainly wouldnt mind this - Mission machine cost reall add up - no lie.

And if you want the cash sink, then just add a check box "Usefull item for YOU"....

Leave the box uncheck = you get the same random stuff

Check this box = Nano for your class, weapon for you highest weap skill, armor using your 2 highest stats,.... BUT cost 10 time more get the mission

Originally posted by Thanak
    And if you want the cash sink, then just add a check box "Usefull item for YOU"....

Leave the box uncheck = you get the same random stuff

Check this box = Nano for your class, weapon for you highest weap skill, armor using your 2 highest stats,.... BUT cost 10 time more get the mission
    Great idea! Bump!
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

If they did that you would spend less time in game which would eventually add up to you leveling faster and leaving. This means reduced income for Funcom.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

I kind of disagry. Camping mission terminal is not fun. Anything that makes the game unfun is a drive to cancel the account....

They can alway add more level, but there is a limit to how much bordom custumer will take.