Thread: User-definable hotkeys not suppressed in chat

Exclamation User-definable hotkeys not suppressed in chat

Some of the user-definable keys will execute the hotkey when typed as part of chat, instead of just being typed.

For example:

I go to the OPT panel, and click on Keyboard options. Under the "User definable keys" section, I map "1st/3rd person" to the V key. From now on, pressing V will toggle the camera between 1st and 3rd person, as expected.

However: when I press enter to open the chat entry box, and type the emote "/wave" or I say "How have you been lately?" to a friend, the camera also toggles when the V key is pressed, even though the V in this case is just part of the word and not intended as a hotkey.

This doesn't happen with all keys; movement keys and the default sit-down key are correctly suppressed when used as part of a word in chat. But many of the other keys are not correctly handled and execute as a hotkey when they are not supposed to.

On another related note, I know that "Fixed keys" can also be configured by editing the text file, but that is not what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about "User definable keys", which are designed to be customizable, so they need to be fixed so that they work properly when customized.

Also, I think that more of the fixed keys should be made user-configurable through the user interface, with this bug fixed, to allow for greater flexibility in customization for different users' needs.
    Next
    Level 140 Opifex Adventurer
    Rimor

Odd, to say the least.

I'll get this looked into. Has anyone else been having this problem?
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

I'm also having this problem. I too have 'V' bound to switch between 1st/3rd person view, and it's irritating when it switches views while typing messages that contain V's.

I'm also having problems with my key config. I use the 'FEDS' config (E is forward, D is backwards, S is strafe left, F is strafe right) opposed to the default 'WADS' config. Whenever I hit D to go backwards, my character keeps going backwards until I press another button to stop. Can you look into this as well?

I just logged in again today for the first time in months, and was disappointed to find that this bug is still there. While this is not a game-crippling bug, it does limit the options available to players when customizing their hot keys, since only certain keys are correctly suppressed in chat.

Hopefully Funcom will take a look at this problem and get it fixed. This doesn't look like a particularly complicated bug to fix; it is more of an oversight that is most likely easy to correct.
    Next
    Level 140 Opifex Adventurer
    Rimor

yep

yep, ive seen the same thing....

put it on the list