Thread: Two things

Two things

Two questions..

How does the NT nanoprog "layerd protection" work?
    Say it has 332 layers and somebody hits you for 200 dmg, is one
    layer removed or 200?

Does the login program locate the nearest server or do I specify it somewhere?

Hm, might be the wrong forum.. sorry about that.

I'll answer it. 332 layers of protection per damage type is what it is. Each layer is one point, as said in the description. If I get hit for 200 damage I'll have 132 layers left, no damage yet taken on my part. If I get hit a second time for the SAME damage type I'll take about 68 points of damage, while the ramaining 132 layers are wasted away. If a DoT is cast against me, the layers will absorb the damage, it is espciely usful because most DoTs cast against me are poison/chemical/disease or whatever. Most attacks that mobs throw normally only hit the melee and projectile layers. Once all 332 layers get spent you will need to recast the nano to gain the layers back, even though the other layers were still functioning. Quite simple really
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Hm, I thought that... but couldn't really believe it since 300 dmg in the higher lvls aren't that much is it? Won't the layers be useless at higher lvls?

Yep 300 layers is nuthing at high level.

I use 625 layers Advanced collasping barrier. At best will take 3 hits from green mobs.....at worst they will not only blow thru the 625 layers in one hit but get to my HP as well(Red mob crit 800-1.1k).

Only great thing about layers is when combating mobs that use multiple attacks. Beetles come to mind....while layers is up they dont hit so bad...but once layers is gone they are nuking for energy damage and hitting you for melee twice a turn.

Just think of it as extra HP.

Phinger 178 NT
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

So how does an NT survive at higher lvls, when playing solo? Are there any usefull defensive spells? Perhaps one simply do that Bewilder skill once in a while to get time to heal?

NTs survive at higher levels, get Nulity, it only sells for about 90 million or so, higher for MkII. I mean NTs do less damage and have no defence or heals that are reasonable, Enfraams is a damn joke, Nulity is good if you can get it. Maybe our high levels nukes will help, well we need an MPs help to use them. But don't worry, the NTs have no problems, just like the Adventurers have no problems.
    Fix the Gimped classes! Fixers are first, then hit Advs, then NTs, and I don't care where they go from there.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier