Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Alien Invasion!

Originally posted by Engelen

Actually, no. I`m getting so tired of the overly overdone, long names that games need to be named, we got like "Empire of Kantabul: Divided suns and Twin Moons" and its getting old.

"Alien Invasion" is a straight, in your face name, it makes no mistake about the content either. I love it.
    actually i prefer Towns of Rubi Ka, pretty pastoral like but nvm
    LOOK. IM EDITING *EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT *EDIT* ----- did you see this before when you first refreshed????? no...
    does it have the edit flag on it?.... no

from what i read so far it soundz like Project Entropy.....Catch my drift?

Alien invasions...AO Roxxor still tho
    Bushido is the way of the warrior. Nirvana is the path of true enlightenment. NTs must struggle to confine themselves as Warriors in this world,while still maintaining the path of wisdom.
    Chrioset-195/7 Nanomage/NT
    Duesentas-199/8 Atrox/Enfo
    Iloveshiz-131/0 Solitus/Fixer (no GA twinkage)
    Chriosat-88/0 Nanomage/Trader (wannabe Tradeskiller)
    Gualo - 155/2 Nanomage/Engy (the Real TSer)
    FUN COM, Please Make NT's the top Damge Dealers Again!!!!!!
    AO Mainframe-Click here - Down indefinitly
    Auno-Click here

Originally posted by Callhandor

actually i prefer Towns of Rubi Ka, pretty pastoral like but nvm
    And while everyone thinks that Sims met AO... A bunch of brainsucknig footeating aliens comes in to wipe human life off the face of the planet...

That would not be a good name. This tells it all. Aliens are invading (and as I see it, it will take the teaming of clans and Omni to keep things going. It would be strange if there would be siding there. Siding was sorted in SL)
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Please NEVER EVER use Sims....

and

Anarchy Online in the same sentence.

Ever...
    *la la land*
    FIRST ORDER 4 evah!

Okay... the pauses and underlying horror tell me there is a story to that... lol

Care to share?
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Originally posted by Pinkoid
    Aliens are invading (and as I see it, it will take the teaming of clans and Omni to keep things going. It would be strange if there would be siding there. Siding was sorted in SL)
    No, you got it all wrong. The so called aliens are Omni HQ coming down with a vengance on Phillip Ross for the utterly gimpy job he is doing. Won't affect us clanners at all.
    Formrider - Lvl 73 Crat

Nahadra - Lvl 55 doc

Unfitrider - Lvl 101 Shade

Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Killer 40%
    Socializer 26%

Yes, and it somehow paints a picture: "Prepare yourself for War". There are no roses painted red in the title, it all leads down to eventually, a giant war between Man and Alien.

How much better can it get! That, combined with design that actually is similar to Giger`s, adds up to the fact that this expansion pack is gonna kick ass!(Need I mention that I`m a big fan of the Alien movies )
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

Got that warm feeling again.
    Could be that I wet myself, but I'm not checking just yet.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

It sounds bad. I'd rather see fixes in the current expansion then looking forward to a new one. Nice ideas / content, but I don't think Aliens and spaceships are going to win everyone over. Sure people are posting alot of good things because they wanna see it, but how many AREN'T posting because they don't wanna be rediculed for how crazy of an idea this is. I'd rather go underwater, or underground then in space. Pink spaceships???
    Aliens that look just like robots.... not for me
    LilFelix -<[ E ]>- What? MA's are uber again? Nerf!
    Celesite -[ E ]- Sexy, Squishy, Deadly... Yummm!

Originally posted by Snublefot * Own a new line of personal flying vehicles
    Set the skills required low. So people actually use them.
    Noooo! As a fixer with green vehicle skills I use our "FIXER VETO" to any suggestion of once again making vehicle skills useless.
    Most of the vehicles are probably aimed to be used by lvl 150+ post-SL characters, they'll have the IPs to spend on getting a few hundred points in vehicle skills, especially if they're level 200+. Make a one or two basic lines with low reqs but the snazzy stuff should require skills to use. They'll probably make more vehicle perks & items available in the expansion as well.
    Noone would expect to use the best gun or armor without spending IP, why is vehicle skills the exception?
    Hopefully this expansion will bring back some meaning to vehicle skills.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Originally posted by Lilfelix
    It sounds bad. I'd rather see fixes in the current expansion then looking forward to a new one. Nice ideas / content, but I don't think Aliens and spaceships are going to win everyone over. Sure people are posting alot of good things because they wanna see it, but how many AREN'T posting because they don't wanna be rediculed for how crazy of an idea this is. I'd rather go underwater, or underground then in space. Pink spaceships???
    Aliens that look just like robots.... not for me
    I know this is rude, but...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Laughing so hard that people come in to my office to see if I finally cracked.

Will rather go underwather than in space in a sci-fi game? HELLO?
    Formrider - Lvl 73 Crat

Nahadra - Lvl 55 doc

Unfitrider - Lvl 101 Shade

Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Killer 40%
    Socializer 26%

It sounds bad. I'd rather see fixes in the current expansion then looking forward to a new one.
    Have your cake and eat it, it has been said before that fixes will continue for the current content, so no worries there. Aliens are nto the only thing here, there is more to it than just the aliens.

FC isn't stupid, there's more than one team involved in teh product they put out.

Or at least, I don't they're stupid or they are VERY good actors
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Originally posted by Formrider

I know this is rude, but...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

LOL... rude, but true and recognizable as well hehe... had students turning hads from my chuckling over that one...
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

I'd rather see fixes in the current expansion then looking forward to a new one.
    First of all, they aren't shipping all their programmers to this new project, they're still going fix stuff there.
    Second of all, SL is a (massive) team-PvM/camping expansion. Good for those that like that, but I and a lot of others don't or can't spend enough RL time to get any progress past certain points. This new expansion will hopefully bring more life to AO for the casual or solo players (as well as for the rest too).

Note: Casual players defined as those that spend less then four hours per gaming session.

It seems that no matter how many times FC states that they actually can both keep working on SL as well as doing next expansion there are several peeps that do not read it or understand they very meaning of those words..

Any ETA for signing up for beta?

Ooh, and Engelen... how do i sign up? i allready promotes your Resistance force..
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

*prays that Beta signup starts after the finals*
    Resistance Force?
    Of course I'll exercise my right to sell my stuff to the highest bidder... how much more then the aliens are you bidding on these fine pieces of military hardware?

Originally posted by Kaghelion
    *prays that Beta signup starts after the finals*
    slaps Kaghelion around with a HUGE Breiflabb as fish are nowhere to be found

Don't pray for that!
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

I bet the Omni scum will start cooperating with the aliens! Freedom to the Clan!
    Snublefot 214 Adventurer former Reborn and Venganxe of the Clans, leeter of friends, wearing Gimp gear

I warn you, I got a Leet and I'm not afraid to use it!

WTB eliænz!!!

YATTA! another expansion! I like!
    sign me up

I just hope we do not have to camp for building kits for our guild houses. Or camp "fashion show"-playfields for social clothing. Very thin mobs drop 1 part of 1000 clothing sets with a 1% droprate - and the first 4 months the droprate is borked and the mobs drop only sleeves...

Btw. will this expansion implement a resizable inventory? Or a "search"-funktion for the inventory? (I type "evocation" in a bank-search-window and all backpacks that hold an item with "evocation" in the name are highlighted.) That would be the finest feature an AO-expansion could offer. Even better than new perks or new items... (An org-bank or account-bank would be nice too...)

I also hope that (unlike the SL-preorder apartments) this time a grid-exit to the guild houses is added so that you can get out of the grid into the house...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast