Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Alien Invasion!

Alien Invasion!

Following the critically acclaimed and award-winning ‘Anarchy Online – Shadowlands’, Funcom is proud to present ‘Anarchy Online – Alien Invasion’ . The next chapter in the Anarchy Online saga further strengthens the sci-fi aspects of Anarchy Online, making it even more unique compared to current and forthcoming offerings within the Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) genre.
    See the full news about the next expansion pack for Anarchy Online for more.

Thread open for discussion, speculation, etc.
    Last edited by Cz; Feb 12th, 2004 at 13:55:09.

Second

Okay, is this fake notes Cz? Looks good and all that

* Defend your cities against invading aliens
    We dont have to camp the invaders right? So we have to "claim" our own invading aliens?

* Get access to alien perks and new special abilities
    We're getting new perk points 0_0 Or is it perk reset time?

* Board and attack alien spaceships
    Multiple playfields I hope? Not a great fan of the static ACG missions myself

* Build impressive looking organization headquarters
    woot!

* Construct a wide variety of player-made houses
    The first thing I think about is "Where can we place them, who will have to make them and how will limited build space be solved."

* Build your own towns with distinct looks
    Chaoz?

* Create your own shops
    What can we sell? Sort of market forum in game?

* Gain benefits by owning houses, shops, towns and organization headquarters.
    Sounds fun, but I would consider them fun in themselfs, if we're alowed to use the inside that is

* Get access to a completely new trade skill interface
    A section of the game that really need a overhaul

* Own a new line of personal flying vehicles
    Set the skills required low. So people actually use them.

* Obtain new weapons, armour, social clothes, items and quests
    I would trade the weapons and armor for a 4th paperdoll and the possibility to "sheat" your weapon (as in hiding it from view and free your hands for social items, while not having to meat the wear req to use them again)

All in all, I'm looking forward to this one
    Last edited by Snublefot; Feb 12th, 2004 at 14:07:28.
    Snublefot 214 Adventurer former Reborn and Venganxe of the Clans, leeter of friends, wearing Gimp gear

I warn you, I got a Leet and I'm not afraid to use it!

WTB eliænz!!!

Heh

When is it coming out, next week?

No?

Edit: Third!!
    Last edited by Unfitrider; Feb 12th, 2004 at 13:59:09.
    Formrider - Lvl 73 Crat

Nahadra - Lvl 55 doc

Unfitrider - Lvl 101 Shade

Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Killer 40%
    Socializer 26%

Fourth!

OMFG - this is huge!!!!

/Bras

oooooooooooooooooh!

My first impression when I read the news was just that.
    oooooooooooooooooh!
    omgomgomgomgomgomgomg(z)!

How do I sign up for beta?

Nerf Cz's forum skeelz. (thinking what i saw before he edited )

But this looks kewl.. but at what time frame is it targeted for release?

Next christmas? Summer 2005?
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

Bras, correct that to fourth

Edit: There you go.
    Formrider - Lvl 73 Crat

Nahadra - Lvl 55 doc

Unfitrider - Lvl 101 Shade

Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Killer 40%
    Socializer 26%

UFO X-COM here I come!!!
    100% Pure Gimp™!!!
    Eunike, a level 206 Trader,
    Machiaveli - a level 215 Bureaucrat(Teh Fun!!!)

Member of the Alpha Omega
    -- Currle:..all there well be too do is sit in the sun and Drink way too much Beer.

Originally posted by Formrider
    Bras, correct that to fourth

Edit: There you go.
    I corrected it faster than you corrected yourself...
    I even corrected it faster than it you could post this post!

/Bras

Originally posted by Banishedsoul

http://www.funcom.com/media/pressrel...ai_releasedate
    Set for release this summer,

weeee we can set up our own shops!!!!!!1111!!!!1
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Originally posted by Banishedsoul

Didn't the press release mention this summer?

!!!!!
    *la la land*
    FIRST ORDER 4 evah!

Originally posted by Lucky Charms

Didn't the press release mention this summer?

!!!!!
    Maybe it did.. Didn't pay attention.. But you gotta count in time for delays..

extensive beta testing.. And all those problems.. Guess we can see it some time in 2006
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

http://www.funcom.com/media/pressrel...ai_releasedate

Funcom announces "Anarchy Online - Alien Invasion"

Oslo, Norway—February 12, 2004 – Following the critically acclaimed and award-winning Anarchy Online -Shadowlands, Funcom today announces Anarchy Online - Alien Invasion. Set for release this summer, the next chapter in the Anarchy Online saga further strengthens the sci-fi aspects of Anarchy Online, making the game even more unique compared to current and forthcoming offerings within the Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) genre.

In "Anarchy Online – Alien Invasion" Funcom once again offers a game full of innovative features and fun gameplay elements. Not only will the social aspects be greatly improved, with players being able to construct their own towns, set up unique shops and build impressive organization headquarters, they also get their action quota filled when they come face to face with aliens wielding superior technology.

The new alien menace threatens all of the citizens of Rubi-Ka as the planet is suddenly invaded. A massive call to arms is sounded across the planet as the players rally to defend their own cities against the alien hordes. The players can also fight their way into the heart of invading spaceships, gaining riches, fame and power.

"With Anarchy Online - Alien Invasion we continue our focus on fun and fast-paced gameplay within a sci-fi setting", says Game Director Marius Enge, and continues: "While Anarchy Online is already considered to be one of the best MMORPG’s on the market, we believe that the exciting new features in Alien Invasion will take it to a whole new level"

Additionally, a new line of flying vehicles will be made available, as well as new items, weapons, armour, social clothes and quests.

Feature Highlights

Defend your cities against invading aliens

Get access to alien perks and new special abilities

Board and attack alien spaceships

Build impressive looking organization headquarters

Construct a wide variety of player-made houses

Build your own towns with distinct looks

Create your own shops

Gain benefits by owning houses, shops, towns and organization headquarters

Get access to a completely new trade skill interface

Own a new line of personal flying vehicles

Obtain new weapons, armour, social clothes, items and quests

And more…

For more information, images and features, please visit www.anarchy-online.com/alieninvasion regularly.

About Funcom - Funcom is an independent developer and publisher of computer and console games with a focus on single-player adventure and role-playing games on multiple platforms, in addition to Persistent Online Worlds. Celebrating its 10th anniversary in March 2003, Funcom continues to expand its track-record of more than 20 games to date. Recent successes include the multi-award winning The Longest Journey, and the critically acclaimed Anarchy Online: The Notum Wars. For corporate information please visit www.funcom.com
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

I`m dying..I`m dying...I`m dead. DEAD. I`m sitting here in heaven, looking down at you guys.

Guess thats where my Angel Wings come from..

You know, the feeling I got know, is one of those feelings you "cannot" describe, because you cant sit still, you cant put your finger on it, its too big, I`m just totally...OMG!!!!!!

AND ALIENS!!!!! MY FAVORITE THEME TOO!!!! I cant take it!*dances around*

Alien perks!!!! Hijack Alien Ships! I cant believe it!

Funcom I love you so much!

(Edited the post!)
    Last edited by Engelen; Feb 12th, 2004 at 14:06:10.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

Originally posted by Skybert
    set for release this summer
    But the official site only holds concept art, I assume they are nowhere near a release this summer (thinking about the delay of SL here)...

/Bras

Originally posted by Engelen
    I`m dying..I`m dying...I`m dead. DEAD. I`m sitting here in heaven, looking down at you guys.

Guess thats where my Angel Wings come from..

You know, the feeling I got know, is one of those feelings you "cannot" describe, because you cant sit still, you cant put your finger on it, its too big, I`m just totally...OMG!!!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!!!

AND ALIENS!!!!! MY FAVORITE THEME TOO!!!! OMGGGGGGSSSSSSSSZZZZZZZZZZZ I cant take it!*dances around*

Alien perks?!!! HAAAAAAHGGGGG
    that's....that's exactly the way I feel!
    It's...it's..it's like a dream, like a...big thingy coming soon that I'm looking forward to! WAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Originally posted by Brasonte

But the official site only holds concept art, I assume they are nowhere near a release this summer (thinking about the delay of SL here)...

/Bras
    that is true
    Last edited by Skybert; Feb 12th, 2004 at 14:07:22.

Speculation dictates this is going to rock.

Just PLEASE, PLEASE give every profession something uber, fun, cool and wanted. PLEASE!

i will BOARD teh ALJENS SHEEPS! and PAin them with MY UBER FISTS of DOOM!

Seriously, this sounds like a lot of fun! SF! SF! Wheee!
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

I think it is soooo nice that they are finally giving some lurve to the social aspects of the game.. Really...!!!!

*dances*
    *la la land*
    FIRST ORDER 4 evah!

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast