Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Alien Invasion!

Huh? Where did I write that they should stop working on AI?

Maybe I should make even clearer what I meant: in every project there is someone (who is normally in charge) who has a "vision" of the direction the project should take. That person then bullies (e.g. by singing very badly and very loud) the programmers and artists around until their work fits his/her "vision".

Now what I am saying is: we will see whether the "vision" for AI is any good by the way the "vision" is imposed on SL. If I see actual playerfriendly changes in SL (e.g. the reduction of wasted inventory space for garden/sanc-keys from 11(?) to 1) I will be convinced that the guy in charge of AO (Marius - right?) will make AI a good expansion.

Everything else, like screenshots, dev-chats etc is just marketing and thus meaningless. I based my decision to preorder SL on Dev-Chats - I will not fall for the same trick again.

Whether AI will be any good we will not see by "appetizer"-info on a website but by the changes INGAME.

Ah, i missunderstood your post then. Terribly sorry, but it did "sound" like a classical "Fix SL before working on anything else" when you read through it, but if you say that is not what you mean, then i´ll take your word for it.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

**drool**drool**drool**drool**drool**drool**drool* *drool**drool**drool**drool**drool*

WOW, does this mean they will finally fix SL before they screw up something else?!? Could this expansion be a middle-ages theme? We have Sci-Fi and fantasy already. Does this mean I get to spend even more credits buying stuff much like my towers and have to hope every day that no one has destroyed it before I log on the next day? Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Oh I almost forgot, will there be hecklers on the ships so that I can keep leveling and could you make access to the ships dependent on doing tons of boring camping and quests that divides orgs by level? We almost have everyone in the same place in SL now so we need to be split up again. We hate socializing and hunting together.

Ky

if you dont like the game why do you play it?

and as for Sci-fi, AO is the first MMORPG wich has succesfully made Sci-fi game, there are some others but non as good and as pupolere as AO, so why not make the Sci-fi even better?

Originally posted by Karmic
    if you dont like the game why do you play it?
    That's just it. I loved the original game. I played it every day 4-6 hours per day. Then they messed it up with the fantasy adventure SL. I still play, but have begun to look elsewhere for a new game :/

Ky

I wish they would get a army of devs to finish Shadowlands before they head into the next expansion.

There are lots of issues that needs to be solved if they want to keep their playerbase when World of Warcraft arrives. It is no need to release another half broken expansion before anotherone. I play a keeper and that proffession is no way near finished, there are tons of issues that needs to be corrected, and yes that is a SL profession that came with the SL expansion.
    Winterizer lvl 213 Solitus Keeper
    Alien level 14
    Date of registration 2001-06-28
    Played in beta 4
    Unit leader of Ragnarok

Angry

Well... FUNCOM should try to correct all those hateful bugs (especially this "The Server Was Unable To Start The Mission Building" bug) before thinking of doing new Expansions...

/me is angry

As long as I don't have to cooperate with some stinking clanners, than...Niiiiiiiiiice!
    Ferodir: Omni-Shade in RK1
    Corann: Omni-Adventurer in RK1

"This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi
    and it will soon see the end of the Rebellion."
    - Lord Vader

Originally posted by Ferodir
    As long as I don't have to cooperate with some stinking clanners, than...Niiiiiiiiiice!
    Imagine our thrill at being obliged to cooperate with backstabbing, nutless OT.

SL still DOES need a lot of fixing but opening up the social and Sci-Fi elements of this game is so welcome that I dont care if it precludes fixing SL AND introduces a new set of bugs...

it does, and it will, and I will be surprised and irate and - hopefully - enjoying new content and utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

I don't think u ever HAD TO cooperate with clanners!

I don't think u ever HAD TO cooperate with clanners!
    Allright, I get your point....but still, the big question is what kind of effect this Alien Invasion will have on the conflict between the filthy clanners and the courageous Omni-Tek employees?

And we ain't nutless!! Backstabbing is however...
    Ferodir: Omni-Shade in RK1
    Corann: Omni-Adventurer in RK1

"This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi
    and it will soon see the end of the Rebellion."
    - Lord Vader

hopefully they will make so that guards dont shoot at us so we can use your shops easely.

and hope that we dont have to cooperate with Omni-tek so we can kick some omni ass!

Yeah, because Omni and CLan has never cooperated against external threats before. Nope. Never happened.
    *Cough*
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Few replies lately, so I'll just close this one. I see discussions are happening on other forums, and more information has already reached the online gaming community on different sites.

Thanks for the feedback in this thread.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910