Thread: Environmental Catastrophe in Omni Ent!

Environmental Catastrophe in Omni Ent!

The IRRK issued a Hazard Advisory warning in Omni Ent today following a chemical spill. Omni-Med was promptly on the job to clear the air from the dangerous toxins which had been released in a freak accident.

Committed as ever to helping the community, RUR brought a fleet of DLK-2000 vacuum cleaner bots to help with the clean up operation. Here, in this PICTURE you can see a RUR engineer and her bot hard at work.

More information on the toxic spill can be found by /tell Irrknews newsi 151

RUR, advanced robotics to serve the community!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Is anything being done to tighten security? The Clanners have always blamed us for when they polluted the Tir river with their chemical weapons and I suspect this is their idea of some sort of show of "revenge" to keep their mindless masses believing that they are doing something.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I heard of a chemical leak in Omni-1. I am glade nothing extreme happened and the mess was cleaned up.

Now the next step is to figure out who did this. Perhaps it was the clans? Or a rouge citizen...who ever it was this needs to be invesigated and the person brought to justice.

Nothing quite that exotic Swiftmind. If I may quote the original news item.

[IRRK Hazard Advisory

We have just been informed of a serious chemical spill in Omni-Entertainment.

'Supra-Crysta' a small Nano Crystal component producer in Omni-Entertainment reported a breach in one of it's 'Talphosphoric' storage vessels. The substance is heavier than air, and thus will start to settle around ground level, thus posing a danger to traveling citizens. The nature of the minor explosion that caused the breach will be investigated after the spill it cleaned up.

Omni-Med has released clearer nanites into the air, and expects the compound to be removed in thirty-fourty minutes.

Citizens are advised to wear helmets, or other protective headgear, though direct exposure is not normally fatal.

This has been an IRRK Hazard Advisory.

I was very impressed with the DLK-2000 vacuum cleaner bot that I saw.

At the time I had been requested to visit a friend by the Bronto Burger stand and was caught out by the fumes. That said, it was my own fault for ignoring the advisory.

I was busy choking trying to find a helmet burried deep inside my packs when Dabblez passed by clean up in progress.

By the time I found one, the Gas had been removed.

It is good to know of the efforts that sometimes go un-noticed here in Rubi-Ka.

I applaude your unselfishness in assisiting in the damage control.

-----------------------
    Falconwingjr
    She Sits, She Listens, She *hugs*

Even though this was not a spill that set lives at risk (as far as we know) I saw the effects of it personally. It was covering the whole of Omni-Entertainment in a green fog.

I would advice Supra-Crysta to seek outside help in securing and monitoring its production so that this will never happen again. The Desert Winds would be more than happy to help with the inspections.

Trisagiona, Desert Winds.
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Wow, we are a twitchy bunch on this planet. A little industrial accident happens and people automatically start pointing fingers at whatever enemy is convenient. Could it be, just maybe, that it was good old fashioned human error that caused the fog?

Just a thought...
    Michael "Talonarr" Hawke
    Clan Adventurer
    Dual Resident of Borealis/Jobe

The Choice

Let me give you a small insight into the mind of miss Nevver, Talonarr.
    Picture her in the kitchen...as she approaches her breakfast table, she accidentally knocks over her glass of milk! "Damned Clan terrorists....nowhere is safe!".........that would probably be her first exclamation.
    According to some, Clan are responsible for whatever is wrong on the planet..its just their blind beleif.

So be it, Talonarr.......nothing we can do about it.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Agna switches of the news and exhales.
    "A good thing nothing worse happened. No deaths, not even some unlucky sod sent to reclaim as far as I understood."

A bit later, at the Cup she tells her friend Aimstraight: "Would've been bad for business if one of Omni-Tek's cities got wiped off the planet. We Mockers doesn't discriminate, and OT money is as good as Clanner money!"

Aim sits quiet.

Agna continues: "You know half of your equipment is things you couldn't afford if I hadn't got you all that cash. And at least 25% of that cash is from Omni employees."

Aim sits quiet. After a few moments she sighs. "You know Aggie? I think you've rubbed it in quite well now. There is no such thing as a OT conspiracy to eradicate the Clans from the face of Rubi-Ka, I know that now. And I've even gotten to know a few Omni personell myself after the... um... discussion we had here at the Cup a few weeks back. Some of those did have a few good points, and I've been doing a lot of thinking."

Aim fades into her thoughts. Agna thinks she's been very quiet since the discussion, and she's starting to worry that her friend is depressed. Leaving a few creds on the table, she summons her grid armor and smiles at Aim. "You know, it is allowed to smile a bit. The fact that the world isn't filled with Boogies shouldn't make you depressed. When I've blitzed a few, I might take you to Jobe for icecream..."

With that Agna leaves, to blitz more of the nanos the Omni worker ordered from her.
    By popular demand: Back after a 3 year break!

Originally posted by Cogs
    Let me give you a small insight into the mind of miss Nevver, Talonarr.
    Picture her in the kitchen...
    You know you could have stopped there Cogs... It is enough to give nightmares thinking of Nevver in a Kitchen..

But your right knowing her it most likely was our fault she was in it in the first place...
    (( ))
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Funny, though, how this statement can be so easily reversed. Tha amount of Clanners who put every wrong little thing on this world on Omni-Tek's back, and scream to "oppression!" every time something goes wrong in their lives... Amazing how we all are so human, innit.

/flashes a candid smile

About more serious matters now... I wasn't in town when tha incident happened, but I'm glad to see that people reacted with efficiency and did their best to help tha means already put in place. Let's hope now that tha cause to this will be found and fixed soon.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I like kitchens. You can find knives in them...

Nevver nods to Demenzia.

Exactly. It was no coincidence that I mentioned how the Clans blame Omni-Tek for polluting the Tir river. This is why I suspect the Clans as being behind the disaster.

You see, Cogs, it's not just finger pointing. There is an actual reason to suspect the Clans.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Well, miss Nevver...this may or may not surprise you...but as of now, I dont really think the Clans are any better than Omni-Tek in any department. Personally, I am struggling to see just where we differ at this time, and I have more or less withdrawn from the so called "fight". A kill is a kill, and hurts as much whichever side of the "fence" you are on. I dont see us ever reaching peace and understanding as things stand.
    And..the worst part is...frankly my dear, I find it hard to even give a damn anymore.....

Seeking new angles to this stalemate of words is not easy given the present scenario.....only time will tell. As most every citizen on Rubi-Ka find it easier to present their case with a loaded gun, or in your case knifes or whatever other torturous instrument you might find lying about, I find the argument tedious.

Our main objective should be to acheive negotiations, through talks and diplomacy...something I will try to work for in the Council of Truth.

Be well and safe.

((my comment further up in this thread was mostly done in jest, as I kinda like Nevver's plump and straightforward mindset...and her mean streak ))
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

A kill is a kill
    Well, I'm glad to see we agree on at least one thing.

Nevver grins an evil grin.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Our main objective should be to acheive negotiations, through talks and diplomacy...something I will try to work for in the Council of Truth.
    There can be neither compromise nor detante with evil. The corrupt must be reformed or wiped away.

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

......I dont really think the Clans are any better than Omni-Tek
    in any department. Personally, I am struggling to see just where
    we differ at this time....

Our main objective should be to acheive negotiations, through
    talks and diplomacy...something I will try to work for in the
    Council of Truth.

You sound very Neutral in your statements Cogs.
    I, myself, can not speak for others reasons for being neutral, but
    that one statement sums it up. Honestly I think if a lot of people
    look closely there are no differences between Clan and Omni at
    this time, and yes even some Neutrals are no better.

I wish you well striving to guide the Council of Truth to seek
    peaceful solutions using talks and diplomacy as many in your
    new council do not share that view.

Many are guilty of dwelling on the past and letting it fill their heart
    and guide their hand with hatred. None of that will aide us in
    shaping our future. We should only hold on to the past as to not
    allow it to repeat itself or it's mistakes.

~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Originally posted by Blackpetal
    There can be neither compromise nor detante with evil. The corrupt must be reformed or wiped away.

-Blackpetal
    ...Ms Schuemann, thank ya.

Ya finally managed to prove me that yer case is desperate, and that yer "holier-than-thou" attitude ain't only blatant hypocrisy, but also an insult to tha values ya seem so intent on "defending".
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

How did this topic get so political? It should be obvious the Clan were not behind the toxic spill anymore tha Omni-Tek are behind the massive sandstorm hitting Athen this very moment ( /tell irrknews newsi 153 ).

Speaking of which, a fleet of RUR robots is currently being made ready to help with the rescue operations in Athen too should this be requested and provided the safety of our engineers can guaranteed.

Regardless, I offer the citzens of Athen my most sincere sympathy in their hour of need.

Dabblez

Director of Rubi-Ka Universal Robots
    Last edited by Savoy; Feb 12th, 2004 at 22:23:44.