Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FC removing the old/orginal GUI???

If they fix the new GUI from colliding with trade windows and a few other "annoyances" i might switch back -- but for now im staying with the old. I frequent shops way too much and it takes me an extra 30secons to reconfig which windows I wnat open, close this, make sure this is sized properly, JUST SO i can click "accept" on a trade window.

Rookie Resonance "Notumsurrrge" Blast - Gimp NT of Redemption Dream Setup

First NT to have the Hood of Wicked Inspiration/Reanimator's Cloak setup!

DO NOT REMOVE THE OLD GUI IT WILL COST CUSTOMERS

peace
    cal2
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Dont remove!
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

The old design is vastly more functional and ergonomic. The new one seems to have been designed for looks first and functionality second.

Originally posted by Darkbane EDIT: Here's my current GUI
    The problem is that here the player's view is not centered. The windows cover up the right 20% or so of the screen. So your view is always lopsided. The big advantage of the old GUI to me is that you can change the aspect ratio of the play area so the windows (most of them anyway) dock along the side in their own space and don't cover up your view. You can have several windows open without covering up anything. If they don't all fit you can use the mouse wheel to scroll up and down between them. In the new GUI everything you have open covers up part of the play area. That's a step backwards.

i like the new one...............

but i think the new GUI is bad if ur running at lower resolution.... very bad
    Reset Bobv Tradeskill - 182 eng doodSetup>
    Kungfumaster Aoeabuse Wong - 120 NT dood | Neurd - 143 MP dood | Bobtor - 85 Doctor dude | Fixdisbiatch - lvl 60 fixer | Coffeedotcom - lvl 60 crat | Aludra - lowbie adv, winnder of Gridstream's WTF award
    Screenshots (hehe) - - -Neleb's Nanocircuit Pajamas!!! woot? I am ali-baba! Annihilator pet!!!!!! A sign in adonis WRANGLEPLZ UBERSLAYERANIHILATORZOR BARNEY PWNZ hamsterARK!!!

if you can read this you dont need glasses
    my story

I just want to put in my two cents...

Please don't remove the old gui! Like others, I like that I can have a separate part of the screen for open windows that do not cover up part of the game world. I did try the new gui for a few days after SL came out to give it a chance, but it just didn't work for me.

Screenshot of my setup using the old gui. Note that everything is neatly out of the way on the right (except inventory) and it doesn't cover up the game world.

One other note to everyone here: Do you think the new gui would be more usable for you if you could have space reserved on the right for open windows so that those windows do not cover up part of the game world? That's really my biggest issue.
    Last edited by Nevver; Mar 8th, 2004 at 13:57:23.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Actually the new gui just got worse on test live today. Before you could have your stat window and ncu window cover up some of the useless buttons, but now the buttons are on top of those windows. The only good thing about the new gui is being able to get quick access to the perk buttons without putting them in your toolbar, but this just makes that that much more difficult. Because you have to use up even more screen real estate to have those buttons accessible and have your stat and ncu windows open.

I might even switch back to the old gui, because of this seemingly minor change. Haven't seen the split chat yet, and if it will only work on the new gui. So will have to reserve judgement.
    Martin
    Greyboar Rk2 MA ------- Ignace Rk2 Fixer
    Relaed Rk2 Trader------- Rascogne Rk2 Trader
    Volleyball Rk2 MP ------- Yvonne Rk2 MP
    DirtyHarry Rk2 Enf ------ Zulkeh Rk2 Engineer
    Dara Rk2 Adv----------- Marechal Rk2 Soldier
    DrZhivago Rk2 Doc ----- NurseJoann Rk2 Doc

Time to close this. Thanks for the feedback everybody. It's been forwarded to the devs, and we'll all make sure to keep it in mind while working on the GUI.

Please send any further feedback on this to feedback@anarchy-online.com.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789