Thread: Liar Liar, pants on fire (shame on OP)

Liar Liar, pants on fire (shame on OP)

hmmm what really happened?

Methlon (10:36 PM) :
    Tell me what u think of this:

Rubikat (10:36 PM) :
    listening

Methlon (10:37 PM) :
    This morning, around 2 AM, I received a tell from a friend of mine in another guild. Due to security purposes, his name will not be revealed. He told me that Methlon had been banned from Rubi-Ka. This was a serious matter, and I was surprised to learn. Here is a list of events that led up to his discharge from Rubi-Ka.

1. A few days ago, he slaughtered the NPCs in Rompa, including the bartender. This was done in a 100% zone. Obviously, there was some... exploitation. ARK was contacted, but they ignored it.

2. Three days ago. Methlon opened fire on a person in Rompa, he was a PC. That person was killed. ARK was contacted, but they still ignored it.

3. Two day ago, Methlon was attacking a few members of a guild that were against him, in a 75% zone. This was also impossible unless an exploit had been used. ARK was called, but they told them to leave Methlon alone(!!!)

4. One day ago, Methlon had suddenly changed his race. He was no longer Nanomage, but Opifex. That was definite evidence of tampering.

5. Yesterday, the person who told me about all this, and his guild assaulted an ARK in a 25% zone, because the previous petitions were IGNORED!! They finally sent a GM, who explained that they were investigating the matter.

6. 6 hours later, Methlon was BANNED.

What really happened:

Several days ago, Methlon was given GM powers by a GM, of who I will not disclose his/her name at this moment. That GM made a grave mistake. He gave too much power to someone who would ABUSE IT. Methlon also had close ties to some ARK members. A ARK member warped him to the Character Creation are to reset his race to Opifex.

Consequences:

Methlon and his cohort, Freen from SA were banned.
    The ARK who helped Methlon is fired.
    The GM who helped Methlon has been demoted.

There are other details that I became aware of. They may destroy the ARK system as we know it, so I will not disclose the information here.

Thank you for your time Meister. I hope this email is helpful. This information is correct as far as I know.

Sincerely Yours,

Rachel "Trasey" Callagher

Read that.
    Read that
    Rubikat (10:37 PM) :
    omg its long
    lol
    Rubikat (10:39 PM) :
    hmm, u had a GM help too?
    Methlon (10:39 PM) :
    Nope i didnt.
    Methlon (10:39 PM) :
    90% is lies.
    Methlon (10:40 PM) :
    Ive told you all i died.
    did*
    Rubikat (10:40 PM) :
    yea I noticed that
    The only exploit i used was being beamed to creation chamber by freen (Wich wasnt even an exploit)
    whats that about u killed as PC in the rompa? wth?
    I didnt.
    PC=Playable Character.
    I know
    and I know u didnt
    Rubikat (10:43 PM) :
    3. Two day ago, Methlon was attacking a few members of a guild that were against him, in a 75% zone. This was also impossible unless an exploit had been used. ARK was called, but they told them to leave Methlon alone(!!!)
    WTH???
    Methlon (10:43 PM) :
    Yeah exactly.
    Rubikat (10:43 PM) :
    pppfft this is total BS
    Methlon (10:43 PM) :
    Yepp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rubikat: Get your stories streight before getting people banned you Omni Pol scum, clearly if ARKs thought there was any chance at all that Methlon was exploiting as much as you claim in this article, they would have at least checked into it, the ARKs of Rubi Ka are not that stupid and dont let things like eploits slide. I was there when Methlon was able to kill "npc"s in the rompa bar, and the ARK was called and said simply it was a bugg in the supression field, and killing the npc's was harmless. Why you would take this and blow it so out of porportion is beyond me. Making not only Methlon look bad, but the ARK system as well. Shame on you Omni-Pol
    -Rubikat

If you read it right Rubikat .. you should realise that Trasey was just reporting what she had been told.

Clearly Methlon did something wrong .. being teleported to the Char creation is an exploit of a certain persons powers and will probably be handled accordingly .. but Methlon knows damn well that even participating in it (hell hes the one who clicked the damn terminal to change breed) so deserves to be banned for it.

An Exploit in this case is where a player was given the oppertunity to gain an unfair advantage against all other players .. and he took it and payed for it (fullstop).

You can shout and scream and chuck your teddy out the window all you like at OP , but it doesnt change anything.

Yorkforce
    Agent of Omni-Pol.

I suggest you properly read what it is you claim to be a lie,not to mention that its *impossible* for any player to get another player banned , as far as i know only Funcom employees have this power.
    Sorry if this seems harsh to you Rubikat , amazingly i hold no ill wish towards you , im usually very quite , but i do not like exploiters (full stop again).
    Last edited by Yorkforce; May 4th, 2002 at 14:27:31.

Bah what the hell is this crap about him doing in the story forum again?

The last post was deleted. I know because I had a reply on it, and its gone from the forums.

Begone exploiters, of all kinds.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Angry ???

Her point is, if you don't know the facts, then shut up and don't spread rumors, if Trasey was writing that on pure speculation is should of never been posted, or written for that matter, so I suggest you think about it York, instead of picking on Rubi(fullstop).

Cayll

Re: ???

Originally posted by Cayll
    Her point is, if you don't know the facts, then shut up and don't spread rumors, if Trasey was writing that on pure speculation is should of never been posted, or written for that matter, so I suggest you think about it York, instead of picking on Rubi(fullstop).

Cayll
    Your right , and i dont wish to get into a disagreement , *all* the fact's arn't known .. but Tracey posted it originally on our guild forum .. for OP members, i can positivly say that it wasnt to spread a rumour to all the players of AO , but to let OP know what she had heard , were all big enough to decided whats right and whats not.

Personally i only really read two parts (the breed change and the banned part) and it was enough for me to realise that it didnt really matter what else was said on the post,those 2 facts stand and supercede anything else on there.

Sorry if it came across that i was picking on Rubi .. wasnt my intention. Sorry Rubi
    but its not fair to pick on Tracey either.
    Last edited by Yorkforce; May 5th, 2002 at 13:46:08.

Thumbs down bah

Ive ran across Methlon quite a few times. I consider him to be the type that loves to create drama and controversy. One of those people that thrive on it. I believe it was him that broke up the TBA, because he wanted the TBA to sympathize for the clans and switch sides. TBH pretty much threw his guild out, and told them to go to purchase a clan application on the way out of Omni Trade. Im 75% sure it was Methlon that was at the bottom of it all, but if it wasnt then sorry. Nevertheless, I cant stand his type. If he is really banned along with that Freen fool, then I will throw a party at Baboons.

Okay I never claimed that what Methlon did was okay. It was plain stupid and Ive told him that multiple times, he knows it was dumb and regrets it. The problem is, alot of people have been "adding" to the story, alot of people would love to see Methlon banned for good, particularly Omni Pol. Other people have used the same exploit, they did not get banned, only warned, I just think its a little unfair that people get so mad at Methlon because of the char he role plays and actually want to give him real life problems. I guess theres always gonna be those people who take games a little too far tho.
    ~Rubikat

I agree Rubi , shame to see Methlon go , dont blame all OP though, i enjoyed the activity he brought to our guild.

Its characters like his that allow alot of us to further our own characters , still cant believe he did it though.

Why cant we change breeds on our characters anyway, since you cant self anything good as eng at lvl 200 for example.
    There are alot of those examples around, so why not give the players once racechange per account.

(I think atroxes would appreciate this hrmm..)

Lightbulb I wish to inform, not to mislead!

The information I gathered above for my post came from extensive interviews with several individuals who witnessed the actions of Methlon and the individuals who made the petitions and alerted Funcom of the exploitation. I took no part in the banning of Methlon actions as I wasn't even online when it happened(!)

I believe that Methlon represented the true in-play sinister anarchist that AO desperately needed, and I would not have purposefully wanted him to be banned. The information I had were from eyewitnesses and participants, of who I trust. I did not question the validity of their information. If anyone can provide evidence to challenge the statements from these individuals, I will gladly retract or edit certain parts of that report.

Please note that personally, I have nothing against Methlon, and from a RP standpoint, Trasey certainly dislikes Sinister Anarchists. However, I would never go as far as trying to get him banned. That would just be really really mean :-(. My report on Methlon's banning was intended to inform members of Omni-Pol, as it was ONLY POSTED ON THE OMNI-POL GUILD WEBSITE.

Once again, I apologize if any of the information from my report was incorrect. I, however, have not found any evidence to the contrary, so I accept it to be truth, for now. I did not intend to mislead, I only intended to inform.

Thank you for your time. I hope I've cleared up some things. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a tell when i'm planetside.
    I am woman see me game, you and I are much the same,
    I can roleplay, I can frag, I can PK while you lag
    I can strafe, duck and snipe and NO you're not my type
    This is one shrew you can not tame...
    I am woman... see me game

Trasey, Just say you enjoyed it! Theres no need to be sorry, he exploited so bad, sooo soo bad, or took advantage of given skills and never reported back, remeber when I use exploits im not saying cheat, Exploiting his given powers which they failed to remove, anyway why the hell does he get to have them, in events when clanners are asked to leave rompa, I am the only high level player, there is about 5/6 lvl 75+, what can we do, SQUAT, Shout them out or spend each time there hours arguing.

Then there people roleplaying and lying, saying we are holding clanners when i asked them to leave but, redrum sucks he lies.

Im almost giving up on RP too, Quit PVP, RP is boring as hell since all GMs do is come, talk, they bring forces, NPC Slayers/shocktroopers, They die, we stand there helplessly, clans shout out and post for a victorious win, since when did you take on this lvl 154 Enforcer? No, i wasnt that slayer you killed ;], im here yes../wave...hi... /me hits Q, doh 75%........haha, clanner continues to kill slayer.

Wow, Omni owns.

clearing up the story

Okay, sorry to come down on you so Hard Tracey, but next time u get second hand info, u might wanna add that and not sound so sure of yourself. Anyways Im going to clear up everything that happened and try to explain how these rumors were started, cause there is a tiny bit of truth burried in there.

quote:
    "1. A few days ago, he slaughtered the NPCs in Rompa, including the bartender. This was done in a 100% zone. Obviously, there was some... exploitation. ARK was contacted, but they ignored it."

-As we all know and have experienced from time to time, AO has a few bugs, Methlon had no idea how or why he could attack the NPCs in the Rompa, but he could and it was pretty harmless. ARKs were called and they explained that it was indeed a bug, and was nothing to worry about as killing NPCs is quite harmless. I personally think the ARKs do their job well and if they had any doubts of this being a bug, they would have investigated further.

"2. Three days ago. Methlon opened fire on a person in Rompa, he was a PC. That person was killed. ARK was contacted, but they still ignored it. "

-okay everyone who has been to the rompa knows the womens bathroom is a 75% supression zone, meaning wildlife can attack. Methlon is a MP as most know, he simply would take his pet into the washroom, tell it to stay then zone out, a few seconds later it becomes wildlife, people attacked the pet, Methlon zoned back in and watched as the pet killed the attacker with a slight chuckle. It was all in fun, so exploits there.

"3. Two day ago, Methlon was attacking a few members of a guild that were against him, in a 75% zone. This was also impossible unless an exploit had been used. ARK was called, but they told them to leave Methlon alone(!!!) "

-umm I am really not too sure where this came from but theres one thing I can think of that could have started this. It happened in Omni HQ, Methlon was able to attack an opposing Omni guild team because he was teamed with some clans making it a nuetral team and giving him the ability to attack Omni's if they attacked him first of coarse.

"4. One day ago, Methlon had suddenly changed his race. He was no longer Nanomage, but Opifex. That was definite evidence of tampering. "

-Yes, Methlon did change his breed, and it wasnt legal. He was teleported to the creation chamber by an ARK, no GMs were invovled.

"5. Yesterday, the person who told me about all this, and his guild assaulted an ARK in a 25% zone, because the previous petitions were IGNORED!! They finally sent a GM, who explained that they were investigating the matter. "

-I dont know what any of this means, I cant make sense of it and dont see how its related. hehe

"6. 6 hours later, Methlon was BANNED. "

-Im not sure of the exact time he was banned, but that dosent really matter.

I hope this can all be cleared up now.
    ~Rubikat.

re

First off no way A Gm or Ark would ignore a exploit like this without checking it out trust me I once had dupped items in reclaim took them about 3 mins for one to be there beside me.If someone petitioned then they came and seen what was happening whether you seen them or not gms can go invisible you know that right?

Plus if Methlon was able to do this Methlon KNEW it was a bug/exploit and he should have been the first person to have petitioned about it but we all know the type of char Methlon portrayed in game rp wise this was the kinda power he wanted to have so bug or not he did not report it himself.

This statement I find funny

As we all know and have experienced from time to time, AO has a few bugs, Methlon had no idea how or why he could attack the NPCs in the Rompa, but he could and it was pretty harmless.

Like I said why didn't HE petition fc and say hey something is not right here Ican attack npc and then not do it again till they got back in touch with them? No instead he continued to do it then attacked a npc in the bar days later even after that.

Then he also changed his race which he knew not to do.

Sorry but I hope he is perma banned its a great loss to the rp community cause he is a good rper but he also knew what he was doing was wrong and eventually would get him into alot of trouble.

hey hey hey, no one said Methlon didnt report it, only that the ARKs did nothing about it, cause it clearly wasnt a huge problem.
    Oh and I hate to break it to you, but its not a perm bann
    Last edited by Rubikat; May 13th, 2002 at 01:03:09.

Thumbs up Methlon's back!

Hey, I just saw him today, as an agent! I always thought him better suited for agent anyway, a multi-faceted character. Anyways, Methlon was good at being bad. I wonder if he's like that still?

See you planetside!
    I am woman see me game, you and I are much the same,
    I can roleplay, I can frag, I can PK while you lag
    I can strafe, duck and snipe and NO you're not my type
    This is one shrew you can not tame...
    I am woman... see me game