Thread: Massacre in Stret West?

Massacre in Stret West?

It's my sad duty to report a disturbing find in the Omni outpost in Stret West Bank south of the temple/parade ground.

The outpost appears to have been the site of a grisly massacre sometime in the recent past. Arriving on "business" [cough] and expecting to exchange only the usual pleasantries with the guard (and what a lonely job that is) I was dismayed to find the area strewn with bodies and garbage. Worse, in the assault course training area towards the rear of the base I found a large bonfire in which a number of corpses appeared to have been incinerated.

This does not appear to have been the work of Omni Tek. The lone opifex guard was wandering around some distance from his usual post and seemed shell shocked by the whole thing. Certainly he was unable to formulate a clear answer to any of my questions. "I don't understand..." was all he managed, over and over. Whoever occupied the site left a number of tents and makeshift shelters around the site, which is not standard OT practice.

However, I found no hint of Clan iconography on any of the evidence left behind by the perpetrators and I know of no neutral organisation with the means or the motive to carry out something like this.

Several of the fires were still burning, indicating that the massacre was recent. Many of the burnt corpses appeared to be Atrox.

Could this be in some way connected to the change of guard force in Newland?

Gregg "Brasscatcher" Eberling,
    Site Security, Borealis Engineering Associates

This is possible, but you also forget the Dust Brigade and Midia have been active lately.

From your description this doesn't sound like one of Midia's attacks, though.

Form what I can read in your report I can not conclude that it has anything to do with either Midia or the change of guards in New Land City, maby sentinells are behind it ?
    Question is who would have something to gain by doing this ?
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

I'm just reporting what I saw. To be honest, I have no idea who might be behind this, nor do I have any solid leads. The only insignia I was able to find was Omni-Tek, but that was on the existing buildings and not the tents or any of the equipment left behind.

Speculation that it might be conencted to the Newland situation was no more than that: speculation. With most of the corpses Atrox, and with the death threats that have been bandied around in NLC recently, it struck a chord, that was all. And to be honest, I wanted to see if it provoked a reaction that might shed light on the matter.

The odd part is the burnt corpses, of course. That smacks of perma-death...

Brasscatcher

OOC: I took a mission to the OT base in Stret West and found the encampment/fires there, which was a bit of a surprise. I assume that it's all new for this patch, but I'll admit I haven't been there for a little while so forgive me if it's all old news. Still, I thought a quick incident report couldn't hurt...

I think its odd no one suggested the Clans yet. Clan forces attack Omni outposts and interests on a daily basis (and vice versa). Its commonly referred to as war.

Maybe they were testing a new weapon?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Well, it could be the Sentinels or it could be the Dust Brigade. Both have access to pemakill technology, and I don't think the real Dust Brigade has given up their agenda simply because they have an axe to grind with Midia.

I revisited the site last night, to confirm my findings. A few things struck me.

Firstly, I'd estimate that there are between 50 and 100 bodies there. I'll admit that I didn't have the stomach to count them all and that the place was giving me the creeps, but someone lost a lot of people quite recently. Casualties on this scale would wipe out some of the smaller organisations on Rubi-Ka. The only organisation I can think of which could take casualties on this scale and keep operating is Omni-Tek.

Whoever did this is either sending a message to someone or simply doesn't give a damn who finds out about it. If the latter then it's possible that it was the Dust Brigade, but it doesn't look like their usual MO. They generally want to make big, public statements which leave onlookers in no doubt as to who was involved, so something like this doesn't make much sense.

In fact, the whole thing doesn't make much sense at all. Several of the bodies were partially dismembered and seemed abnormally large. There was also a device, some sort of recharger, in amongst the largest pile of bodies. The whole thing made me think of Cyborgs for some reason, but why there in Stret West...?

Brasscatcher

Hmm. There was an encounter with the Dust Brigade near the area you talk about, but that was about two weeks ago. Also, the Brigade thrive on the spotlight of the news, and if no one knew they did this they would make sure they got the "glory".

Midia, perhaps.

Cyborgs, not impossible. Even though they prefer to take all organic tissues with them for "spare parts".

Sentinels, again not impossible, but yet again if they managed to strike such a blow at OT they would be shouting it all over Rubi-Ka.

Other Clans, doubtfull.

Internal fighting in OT....... I ain´t going near that one.

Something completely different.... Your call.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.