Thread: "Sons of Ashes"

"Sons of Ashes"

Im not sure if this will make the headlines so just in case im posting it here so its not a wasted effort! - Enjoy

Recently a joint assault was launched by several OT leaders and their members against a terrorist group rumored to be an split off faction of the Dust brigade.

The "Sons of Ashes" base of operations was discovered by an OT "weather" satellite scanning for weather disruptions in the area of Broken shores.

The operation was in no way instigated by OT officials (as this would be in direct violation with ICC regulations 2352a subsection 4) but a mere joint operation lead by faithful OT faction leaders and independent members of the Rubi-Ka population.

As leader of the Omni-Inquisition, and myself a victim of the their cowardly assassinations i found it my call to duty when General Telion announced that the enemy base had been located and OT officials were unable to act.

Leading the initial party my Inquisitors and I located the base and quickly relayed the position to the gathering attack forces. Using the higher ground, many OT factions gathered in readiness to assault the enemy outpost.
    Nyleve, leader of The Grim Guild accompanied my personal team along with a member of The Blackhand and my good friend Baxie of Enigma who helped us assault the main entrance.

With the element of surprise on our side we managed to infiltrate the enemy defences but we had vastly underrated their capabilities and found ourselves taking great casualties.
    Then in the spur of a moment all was not lost when both clans and Omni forces began to tolerate each others presence and work together to destroy all traces of the enemy.
    This was in no way an alliance but it was clear that we both had something far more sinister and evil to contend with other than own alignment.

Eventually the base fell and several enemy craft were spotted fleeing to the east of the area and away from our forces.
    Many illegal weapons and explosives were captured during the operation and subsequently handed over to the relevant OT departments for analysis and disposal. The most sinister being a prototype nano virus which initial reports show is immune to all forms of nano resistance.

My thanks to the valiant efforts of the other OT leaders, their brave members and the few clansmen who realised the errors of their ways.

Let the phrase "Dust to dust, ashes to ashes" be forever buried amongst the rubble of this sinister hideout.
    However i fear this is not the last time i will hear this phrase...

Yours Faithfully,

Luci Lovekitten Meloche
    Leader of the Omni-Inquisition
    "Dona Eis Requiem"

www.omni-inquisition.net

-p.s I tried to write this in the coverup style of OT =) i would love to see your comments, and any non constructive trolls can go boil their heads =p

I've never seen ICC regulations 2352a subsection 4. What does that cover? I checked the FunCom story site and couldn't find any mention of this.

We've been trying to get together a listing of any laws that may be applicable to Citizens of Rubi'Ka and would appreciate any help. 'bout the only thing we've been able to get are the Tir Accords and some items out of the Official Timeline regarding such things as Genetic Engeering and such.

Nice writeup, BTW.

OOC/duuuhhhhhh, its called rolepalying, if such a rule exsist or not, then play along dude

Or atleast remembe the OOC plz
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Honestly, I'm sorry. I thought this was the Story forum and not the Roleplaying forum. We seriously are trying to get together all the documents regarding what is legal and what isn't. I was excited to hear of a document I haven't seen before because the ICC regulations aren't mentioned many places except the snippets regarding Omni-Tek's lease.

My bad .... I think.

Oh, and I think we'll reserve the IC/OOC stuff for the roleplaying forum. We're here to discuss the Story and that's what I was doing, thank you.

hmmm, actully, i think the story forum is ment to announce, and reply to any official Story related areas. Like news and such.

Any types of posts are allowed here, as long as they have story in it, and it seems to me that Lovekitten was typing an RP post, and i think we should respect that.
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Story

The view is the "The story" coming in 3 forms, first is the offical story team from Funcom this covers the main characters of Ross, Radiman, Dust Briagde etc.

The second line are addition characters played by the events Team, this includes Omni-Pol etc

The third level is us the players creating our own roles to support the main storyline or to create our own.

How you view this is down to personal choice. But I believe all 3 are important and I dont consider much difference between them.

Of course as players we have to becareful we dont over step the mark by making to silly a claim, but by and large this can looked over.

As for which board, this was an event and relates directly to the main story as this was about the dust briagde under General Telion.

Nice write up by the I will be contacting you soon for a interview on the website.

I posted it in "Story discusions" as i wanted some constructive replies, and it was based around an FC event my guild and I attended.
    ....You guys maybe need to get out more =p

Oh and the ICC regulation is purely fictional but General Telion did say it was against ICC regs for OT to have instigated the assault, so i made one up as it had not been written in anywhere.

any more questions ? =p
    p.s event pics to be updated on the OI gallery on sunday 5th.

www.omni-inquisition.net