Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notice to clanners: You can stop attacking Newland now.

Notice to clanners: You can stop attacking Newland now.

Loren Warr and her Hired Thugs are already on their way out. Attacking them while their insurance patterns are still bound to Newland City is just wasteing medical supplies. They got the hint after the first two hours.

And for the last time, you're not freeing Newland from Omni oppression! Many Omni employees have aided the Neutrals with the project. We want Loren Warr and her Thugs out as much as anyone and restore Newland's economy and political status to what it once was.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

That's quite correct, Charles. What the Clanners are actually doing is attempting to open Newland City to more Clan violence against Neutrals - the same kind that prompted the hiring of the guards in the first place.

Random Clanner: "We fight for freedom from oppression!"

Riiiiiiiight!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Far be it from me to accuse you of twisting the facts to suit your own devices, Nevver (God knows it's obvious enough without me saying a single word), but you are misrepresenting history, and that is something I can't forgive.

Loren Warr and her band of thugs were hired for one reason, and one reason ONLY: as a tit-for-tat retribution against the Sentinels for their barbaric policies of oppression and violence in Tir. We can all see where THAT has led.

As for the "generosity" of Omni-Tek, Charles, while I don't doubt that some who serve the corporation may still have some altruism in their hearts, it is plain to anyone who cares to see it that Omni-Tek's true objectives are to subjugate Newland as a puppet state, neutral only insofar as the company allows it, and only as long as it suits the company's purposes to allow it to continue.

I pray that the Newland Council will see the folly of the devil's deal into which they are about to enter Ross before it is too late...

-Blackpetal

((Edited for grammar. ^_^;; ))
    Last edited by Blackpetal; Feb 10th, 2004 at 03:59:26.
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Pffft! However you want to color it, Blackpetal, it was in response to Clan violence against Neutrals.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Lumping all members of the Clans with the Sentinels, Nevver, is just as unfair assuming all Omni-Tek employees are your particular brand of demon-coddling scum.
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Who lumped all the Clans together? I simply said that the guards were a response to Clan violence. However, if the shoe fits...

Nevver shrugs.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Blackpetal
    As for the "generosity" of Omni-Tek, Charles, while I don't doubt that some who serve the corporation may still have some altruism in their hearts, it is plain to anyone who cares to see it that Omni-Tek's true objectives are to subjugate Newland as a puppet state, neutral only insofar as the company allows it, and only as long as it suits the company's purposes to allow it to continue.

I pray that the Newland Council will see the folly of the devil's deal into which they are about to enter Ross before it is too late...

-Blackpetal
    The glorious Clanner revolution against the oppressive existance of Omni-Tek, for comitting the most horrible of crimes imaginable. That is the crime of existing, all other details are irrelevant. For the last two years, justice has been served by the Clans and now this celebration of freedom will be celebrated by killing every man, woman, atrox and child that has comitted the crime of Omni-Tek existance!

Yet, the Clans have done nothing to remdey the social ills, claiming right through oppression by Omni-Tek. In turn, by blinding yourselves the oppressed has become the oppressor and what's worse, they believe that they are self-justified.

That is why I have so little faith left in the Clans. They have done nothing except continue down the mindless path of destruction. Even the vaunted effort at 'democracy' has been full of closed minded thinking in a continued effort at self-justifying.

Oh, and remember the Clanners are fighting to free Rubi-Ka! ....anyone that disaggrees are lying or evil oppressors! Really, after all that it took not as much as a thankyou but rather a finger pointed back saying how evil you have been for oppressing the Neutrals......
    Last edited by Kithrak; Feb 10th, 2004 at 05:18:38.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Yes let me see, I've been so violent against Neutrals. When I've gone as far as to defend a Neutral base against attack from one of THE LARGEST clan guilds. Wow, That shoe hurts my feet, I think I'll throw it at Nevver's face, maybe it'll help.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Can't we just STOP tha rampaging hypocrisy, fer Grid's sake?

Citizens of ALL sides were present yesterday to help in driving Warr out of Newland. I've seen Neutrals, Clanners and Omni-Tek people alike die numerous times to tha hands of tha Thugs. I've seen wounded friends falling yet still trying to defend 'emselves. And what did we get in tha end? Frigging Clanners screaming "Tha Clans have helped to free Newland! Long live freedom! Let's drive tha Omni oppressor out!" Hellooooo, someone's home? My Omni-Tek friends aso helped in defending when Loren Warr assaulted tha new militia! But it'd make ya puke to acknowledge this, huh!

So who tha hell is trying to steal tha spotlight? Can't ya just fer once admit that everyone had a part in tha effort, and shut up with yer so-called freedom cries, instead of once again tryin' to look like tha kind heroes and completely silence tha others?
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I do not often agree with our opponents, "the Omnis"......but this is one time that I will. I think both mr. Kithrak and miss Markarian speaks truthfully and wise here.
    Lets face it, Clans have participated in a joint effort.....this was no Clan effort..it was a joint effort, and I suspect fueled by the same desires from all sides....namely the freeing of Newland City. We have seen the true nature of miss Warr and her thugs.

Sometimes, I admit....Clanners can make me sick to the stomach.
    This is one such time.......

Let us rejoice in the fact that miss Warr and her band is gone....the Neutral Council has made their choice. Let us be supportive, and assist in making this work......instead of this silly bickering.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Newland

So...yeah......Party at Neuters than? We can finally use one of the coolest clubs on RK again...

Yes, yes, Ben, you've told us all about your heroic deeds numerous times.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

hmmmmm i wonder

I wonder if new guards after patch will drop Phat loot aka JAME guns whooohooo!! Kill KILL KILL

I went in to Newland City last night to check things out, and it was fairly quiet. It looked like the militia had done a good job of sending them packing. Then a Hired Thug appeared out of nowhere and introduced his club to my skull.

Good thing I insured right before I went through the whompa. As long as those idiot mercs are still in Newland, I say more power to the people who are trying to keep them neutralized.
    Michael "Talonarr" Hawke
    Clan Adventurer
    Dual Resident of Borealis/Jobe

The Choice

It's done, Loren is gone.

We have now guards in Nonpartisant armors and JAME blasters.

I should be happy that the first sight of RK I ever had is now in neutral control. Not saying it was under Omni control.

But I'm worried. Loren Warr must be pissed off, and seeing the last events it doesn't see healthly to be neutral. And I'm not even speaking about the Sentinels.
    Call me paranoid, but I'm preparing to defend myself.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Now you know why I gave it up People just don't seem to respect the wishes of others to stay out of the fight. It's slightly heartening to see that Newland is once again the neutral territory it should be.
    Michael "Talonarr" Hawke
    Clan Adventurer
    Dual Resident of Borealis/Jobe

The Choice

Loren Warr and her Hired Thugs are hopelessly outnumbered and wildly unpopular with the general public. Ladies, gentlemen, atroxes, we have the upper hand and they will find it very diffcult to do as much as speak out in public against the Newland Militia without the people rallying to oppose them.

*grins and crosses his arms confidently.*

Positve action deserves a positive response

I applaud the NL council for taking this bold and positive step. For what it's worth, I have asked my clan to consider all Neutral facilities as friendly again. I can't wait to stroll the streets of Newland once more, as in the old days.
    In addition, I would suggest that perhaps the new CoT when it gets up and running again negotiate with Silverstone to pull back to his home in the north, as a reciprocal gesture.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Originally posted by Nevver
    Yes, yes, Ben, you've told us all about your heroic deeds numerous times.
    I'd say more Noble than heroic. So why do you keep saying "All Clanners = Bad, they smelly poo poo, me no likey, they all do baddy"? For god sake, theres enough of us that arent trigger happy maniacs. Recognize!!

And Congratulations to the Newland Council on their new guards though I have yet to meet any, I hope that I can soon make time to return to the place which I called home at my earlier times on the planet.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Feb 11th, 2004 at 20:14:14.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Yes, you're very noble.

*smirk*
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast