Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modem users REJOICE...forget AOMD, get ClickSaver

Originally posted by Martek
    The latest version, 2.1, includes Buying Agent, and will search automatically for you if desired.

Cheers,
    Martek
    Damn, that's cool, I must go find it.

awesome

Bumpity-bump-bump!!

Great prog. Hopefully it will support team missions later.
    Long Live Fizban! Or is it Zifnab?

Haplo23 - 68 Omni Fixer
    Slimtinkerer - 57 Omni Eng

ClickSaver and the EULA

Does it violate EULA? (I'll try to care, for all that the EULA is so poorly written that it would never hold up in an American court, and even if you could get a court to take that verbiage seriously, enforcement has been so spotty as to basically void it as a contract. But the EULA helps manage community expectations and values, so I'll take it seriously on those terms. Besides, no EULA case is every going to actually end up in a court. If Funcom says you violated and EULA and bounces you, are you going to sue? In what court? Obtaining a lawyer how? Claiming what damages?)

Y'know, the previous American president got pilloried for refusing to walk into a perjury trap; to avoid the perjury trap, he had to challenge the wording of a question, and that's why Clinton is famous for saying, "That depends on what the definition of 'is' is."

Define "modify the software". ClickSaver doesn't change a single file in your AO directory. It wouldn't work if it did, the patcher would catch it and fix it at next run. It only changes the way that code executes once it's loaded into memory.

I've heard back from a GM on Test that Funcom has taken an official "no opinion" stance on AOMD and its spin-offs. They aren't going to be looking for excuses to throw you out just for using AOMD or ClickSaver or MAOMD or whatever. If widespread use of ClickSaver's buying agent makes network trouble, they'll probably just do what they did the last time: change the code to break it long enough to buy time to find a work-around.

seniordingdon's AOLoader bypasses the file integrity check So that's not really an obstacle.

Edit: since when is code separate from its execution? I fail to see how changing the behavior of AO can be seen as not modifying the code.

Re: awesome

Originally posted by Haplo23
    Hopefully it will support team missions later.
    Wouldn't that be nice? It'd take massive changes to the user interface, though, so don't hold your breath.

What I need even more is a software option to let me slow down the buying agent. On my piece-o-crap PC, it keeps outrunning AO and getting confused. If I could tell it to pause for x 10th or 100ths of a second at the end of each mouse move, it'd work a lot more reliably for me.

Also, ever since version 2.1, if I have both search playfields and search items set, it pops up the dialog box when both are matched, whether I want it to do so or not. Since I'd rather not, this is a mildly annoying bug. It also seems to have a problem finding some of the item icons, especially robes.

I also wish it tested playfield names (only) for exact match, not partials, so I could search for missions in Tir (City) without it popping up "matches" in Greater Tir County.

But I'm not going back to AOMD any time soon. Too fragile. Also too processor intensive, since it has to look at EVERY packet that comes through the card. Besides, ClickSaver's interface for managing search-item lists is the best of any of the AOMD versions I've seen yet. You get to either edit the text file OR edit it with ClickSaver's own UI. Score!

When I try to use the new clicksaver my whole PC slows down so much the pointer jumps all over. I can't get the buying agent to work either, any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12