Thread: 14.2 = PvP FuBaR

Unhappy 14.2 = PvP FuBaR

Okay these my feeling for this they do actually make a lot sense if you understand my english. For one lets take concealment. Near impossible for any class's preception match that of any classes concealment. Look at your 1K boards they add nice amount to concealment. Few simple implants adds little more. Not forget about Pronoucement of Greatness (Other) and the new agent concealment buff for others. So this will basically allow any class use concealment effectively. Now imagine yourself in mmd. Like usual you will have your 75% campers and few will run around 25% trying get them follow them. I like run around 25% in mmd in hopes people will follow me. Now will you want run around in 25% with concealed people all over? No I sure wont. Now lets take into effect the extra ganking that will now occur if pvp match were take place. I hide arena wait for someone have match. They never know I'm there I jump out kill them. Ganking is bad enough already. Concealment is fine as it is in pvp. You dont show up on map. If were start sneaking down open hall way why would I just all suddenly become invisible? Maybe if you were to sneak someone wouldn't hear your footsteps as you sneak but if were happen turn my head and look at you I sure would see you as before you didn't show up map till you were looked at. As it is I have hard enough problem trying to enjoy pvp this will just make it worse. If you like camping zones, waiting few extra hour get some pvp action going and ganking people this patch is for you 100%.

OE, and MA(other) crit buffs are going out the door...

Agents get a 100% crit buff

Epilison Purge wipes out NCUs...

Gankers delight.
    Last edited by Obergeist; May 3rd, 2002 at 08:55:20.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Angelic, don't forget that conceal is not that good yet (read the test forums), as it is now you see the buffs running on people so you now need to look carefully in the field, also area of effect buffs tend to de-conceal people (engineer, crat aura etc). And most of all; you can race perception and use the search button. True, you may not find them when you hit the button becuase they got "uber" conceal but spamming that button 20 times a sec will make them visable allright, and they do not know they are detected -yet (as of now that is..)

It is to be seen how "good" agents can sneak when the bugs are fixed from the conceal; maybe we get high enough perception to even it out, maybe it will be hugle imbalanced and I'm sure FC will fix that soon like they did with stuns. (esp the agent crit line which seems agents do not even want it, just like us docs dont want eps purge).

Call me an optimistic but I'm hoping on a better pvp balance because of the less crit buffs (more lengthy, strategic battle as far as AO allows that..). Though I'll think twice about pvping a 150+ ma with their super crit buffs; I think I can outheal that agents alpha 100% crit-strike (I hope).

We shall see. Right now Test has it live but it is not tested propely enough because we are not allowed to copy our char to it, thus leaving it to people on test there with lvl 20 chars...

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Bah, maby this change will induce agents to actually pvp again. Used to be agents did all right when they had their 1 shot kills ala aimed shot, and then they took that away and agents couldn't pvp worth beans. The agent was meant to kill people in a sudden shot, and funcom screwed that leaving the agents useless. Now they're giving them something similar, but more complicated and counterable.

I for one will wait and see, maby this will be a gankers paradise, but I wish people wouldn't go all doom and gloom and make pronouncements of apocalypse before they even experience the changes.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Unhappy Really want to spam the button

Yes I will really enjoy hitting tab 40 some times just find someone while running around 25% encouraging some sort pvp interaction from the 75%. Or switching 3rd person view doing over head camera view till I find what think is the little glow of buff then what just hope person gets out concealment shots me first?Sounds like great fun to me.

You're not the optimist I see We'll see, if it will be like you desrcibe it won't be fun no, I hope you're wrong

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Unhappy I hope so too

Really hope so too... Just putting together all my pvp experience trying sum them up what predictable outcome that 14.2 will have on the game.

Not forget about Pronoucement of Greatness (Other)

How many lvl 150+ adventurers do you see on rubika?

As for concealment well you can always use search botton that will revela them but raise perception a bit.

Working concealment is very good.
    Once again agents can now pvp as they should.

Yep you pvp a lot but you know how is pvp for agnets after 12.8 i think...

Hm...

Yeach they were gods, insta kill aimedshot that also had only 30-50% to be succesful. If not instakill its a dead agent unless opnonet is mele.

Do you know HOW many agents relroled or even quit the game after "pvp nerf". My brother left back then too, and he was agent.

Try to pvp with agent and se how "easy" it is.

Its about time when pvp change a bit crit buff nerfed coming up diffrent wepons also concelealment that brings diffrent strategy to pvp then just equiping snaksmater and geting UVC.
    And 1k nukes will be also something.
    Last edited by Julia; May 3rd, 2002 at 13:07:25.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

If critbuff nerfing is actually effective and the number of crits is greatly toned down, then the problem with PvP will be that noone will ever be able to kill anyone else unless they REALLY screw up. Fights will be so much longer that people will have more time to zoen than before.

If critbuff nerfing is ineffective, and everyone with the high QL LLTS dominates (exactly like a UVC'd person vs. no crit buff does now), lots of people will stop PvPing.

As for concealment. Whoah. I'm going to have to wait, I won't pass judgement until I see it.

I will say this though. If, in order to be effective in PvP, you need the 1000 token board to conceal yourself and 2xTL 6 bracers to avoid from getting killed right away..... well, there's going to be even less new people PvPing.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by Letah
    Angelic, don't forget that conceal is not that good yet (read the test forums), as it is now you see the buffs running on people so you now need to look carefully in the field, also area of effect buffs tend to de-conceal people (engineer, crat aura etc). And most of all; you can race perception and use the search button. True, you may not find them when you hit the button becuase they got "uber" conceal but spamming that button 20 times a sec will make them visable allright, and they do not know they are detected -yet (as of now that is..)

It is to be seen how "good" agents can sneak when the bugs are fixed from the conceal; maybe we get high enough perception to even it out, maybe it will be hugle imbalanced and I'm sure FC will fix that soon like they did with stuns. (esp the agent crit line which seems agents do not even want it, just like us docs dont want eps purge).

Call me an optimistic but I'm hoping on a better pvp balance because of the less crit buffs (more lengthy, strategic battle as far as AO allows that..). Though I'll think twice about pvping a 150+ ma with their super crit buffs; I think I can outheal that agents alpha 100% crit-strike (I hope).

We shall see. Right now Test has it live but it is not tested propely enough because we are not allowed to copy our char to it, thus leaving it to people on test there with lvl 20 chars...
    Hehe, an agent around my level will have around 1800-1900 or so concealment. Mine maxed with a cloaking device is 1818, I doubt there are many that could spot me.
    Should be interesting.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Strange
    Flags of Glory and Redemption - 1000 tokens
    Max Health +700
    Max Nano +700
    +7% Experience
    +7% Defense
    +7% Offence
    +4 to All Damage Types
    +210 Run Speed
    +210 Computer Literacy
    +210 Nano Programming

Dont see any concealment bonuses here.......

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Wink hmm

+140 concealment on 1K board. I do know a lot adventures but yes probably less common than agents so probably just ask for one the new concealment buffs others. Either way be able get far over the amount concealment than preception. This isn't really issue deal with agents so much as everyone can pull it off easy. All saying just encourage people set in 75% more often and others to gank more often. Will make pvp bouts something that happens a lot less. I dont want spam a button soon get into pvp area nor do feel like switching to 3rd person view so I can little twinkling buff tracers.

Re: hmm

Originally posted by Blanch
    +140 concealment on 1K board.
    Oh cool, now i have to get me one of those boards .

What boss drops them ? ^^

I think they should just give traders a special trader only bracer that deflects 100% of the damage inflicted on them. just get it over with it wouldnt be much different then it is now. and maybe they'd get bored so other classes could pvp sometimes.

Unhappy More reasons

Pomka go antiguardians and type in Double Sun and look for yourself. Given you can find someone by spamming the Tab button is not a good way make pvp anymore fun. Lets look at some other fun issues 14.2 brings up. Critical self only after being chain criticaled in pvp yay I think this actually needed now. Problem is you leave the MA with this buff and give more buffs to agents while leaving all other classes without critical buffs? Imagine MA with Itchaca using chemical fist while buffed with uvc. Yay possible for MA to pull this off easy and be really effective at it. I'm mp my ranged combat skills are worse than ma's. Now add critical buff for agents 100% for 6 seconds this more than enough time nearly finish someone off easy given your using correct weapon with damage type vs oppenents reflection ac. If you nerf critical for everyone but 2 classes you should just nerf all classes.

I dont agree that 14.2 will make PvP fubar, cause it already is fubar, and 14.2 will NOT make it worse, I hope...
    NT phone HOME!!