Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with reflects !?

Question Problem with reflects !?

Untill now, most important buff before going to pvp was: UVC
    -They nerfed critbuffs...

After 14.2 most sought after buff will be RRF...
    -Will they nerf it too? As in combination with bracers, they can block alot of dmg.

Ph34r the nerf stick..
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

Re: Problem with reflects !?

Originally posted by Punkbum
    Untill now, most important buff before going to pvp was: UVC
    -They nerfed critbuffs...

After 14.2 most sought after buff will be RRF...
    -Will they nerf it too? As in combination with bracers, they can block alot of dmg.

Ph34r the nerf stick..
    I think it's the bracers that should be nerfed, not RRF
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Heh, it's been two or three patches since funcom nerfed the soldiers I think they're probably saving it up. So yeah, a reflect shield nerf sounds about the kinda reaming they might unleash upon us.

maby you're secretly a prophet Punkbum, if they nerf us we'll have to call upon you to lead us out into the desert and thence to our promised land. We'll call you the soldier prophet and look to you for salvation from those who would cast us down.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

lol
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Just get yourself some bracers and stop whining couse you dont have them and want everybody to be nerfed

I looted Braces of reflection elements and braces of reflection energy in 3 days from chests in team missions.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

I have lvled from 168-177 in less than 2 weeks and I loot everything aand havent seen one bracer in all those team missions. Im starting to think they were nerfed already.

I think its nice with reflect/bracers because fights might actually last a while.
    weeeeee

Originally posted by Aphrodite
    I have lvled from 168-177 in less than 2 weeks and I loot everything aand havent seen one bracer in all those team missions. Im starting to think they were nerfed already.
    They seem to drop more in single player mission.
    weeeeee

Originally posted by Julia Pomka

Just get yourself some bracers and stop whining couse you dont have them and want everybody to be nerfed

I looted Braces of reflection elements and braces of reflection energy in 3 days from chests in team missions.

Oh, I have bracers, but I still think it's wrong that they are that good.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Bracers too strong? *lol*

If you can't find any, go to Steps Of Madness. I got a pair of every possible bracer to start with, then kept my eyes open and lockpick handy for missions. Got myself a Reflect Energy 19 Bracer for later...

As for bracers being nerfed, they only reflect 20 points (40 per pair), and that's if you're lucky enough to be wearing the right kind against the right weapon as well as being TL6.

If soldier's get touched by the hand of nerf, there'll be hell to pay that's for sure. Deflect and Reflect are the only nanos we have that actually do anything useful whatsoever.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Its not the reflect that is uber its the fact that stacked with TMS or soldier 30% shiled you can take almost unlimited damage.

Originally posted by Dscaper
    Bracers too strong? *lol*

If you can't find any, go to Steps Of Madness. I got a pair of every possible bracer to start with, then kept my eyes open and lockpick handy for missions. Got myself a Reflect Energy 19 Bracer for later...

As for bracers being nerfed, they only reflect 20 points (40 per pair), and that's if you're lucky enough to be wearing the right kind against the right weapon as well as being TL6.

If soldier's get touched by the hand of nerf, there'll be hell to pay that's for sure. Deflect and Reflect are the only nanos we have that actually do anything useful whatsoever.
    Maybe you should know what you talk about, they make you take 20% less damage, so 40% less with both and then RRF on that...

And since when did SOM drop high ql bracers?

I thought the items there was around ql40...am I wrong?
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

I know one thing, in a selfbuff fight, no one but engineer and soldier can get 70% reflect. Engineer and soldier are the ones that benefit from reflectoin more than anyone else in a selfbuff fight.
    If you want to take outside buff into account, all outside buffs would cause unbalance, like UVC, essence of behemoth, 2 doc hp buffs, HOT....... Imagine those buffs on a lvl 50.....

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

Maybe you should know what you talk about, they make you take 20% less damage, so 40% less with both and then RRF on that...

And since when did SOM drop high ql bracers?

I thought the items there was around ql40...am I wrong?
    I stand corrected.

SOM doesn't drop high QL bracers, but for a majority of people that don't have any, it's a good place to go and get some good sets from that will augment or allow for at least a little reflection. The ones in there are normally +3 / +4 variety, which still adds up to a reasonable +8 if you get your matchups correct. Upto L50 they serve their purpose well. After that you do need a little luck in getting higher ones, but it's certainly not impossible. As for reaching the magic point of being able to chew up 40% via bracers, you'd still need to be TL6 to do that. TL5 bracers will cover 15% to 18% which is still a level 150 pre-requisite.

It doesn't solve the issue of people getting hurt by there own hits, but as many people know, the best way of tackling a soldier is to wait for the TMS to drop anyway, and considering that TMS overwrites the reflect, the soldier is at a disadvantage for the remainder of the 2 minutes that TMS shuts them down for.

Whether or not the soldier decides to run just before the TMS goes down is another matter, but that's a topic that been discussed at length elsewhere.

I'd also like to reiterate that the person with the bracers would have to know exactly what damage type they are going to face, and although people can hazard various guesses, and occasionally get lucky, they can be open against differing damage types.

If people are silly enough to stand and fight a soldier up-close and personal while they've got bracers and TMS MkX running, then they'll get hurt, but how many people do you know that would be silly enough to try this, when they know they can run and wait 1minute 20seconds, then charge back in.

Also, what's to stop someone from getting a deflect from a soldier before they fight? Everyone seems to be doing pretty well when they get MA's for LMA/UVC...

Perhaps it's time people started asking soldiers for buffs. God know's we could do with the business (although I'd still do them for free).
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Originally posted by Wenzell
    I know one thing, in a selfbuff fight, no one but engineer and soldier can get 70% reflect. Engineer and soldier are the ones that benefit from reflectoin more than anyone else in a selfbuff fight.
    If you want to take outside buff into account, all outside buffs would cause unbalance, like UVC, essence of behemoth, 2 doc hp buffs, HOT....... Imagine those buffs on a lvl 50.....
    That's the age old issue that's always tied itself to this forum and others. Outside buffs are the secondary level of diversification outside that of IP expediture. Soldiers will sometimes take HE over EoB, so that they can run for 40 seconds after the TMS has dropped, knowing they've got enough nano to redrop TMS once the 2 minutes are up.

This does bring up a topic that I've been interested in raising for some time, about which buffs people prefer and run given a limited amount of NCU. But I think that's too profession specific for here.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

I absolutely love the reflect shield line of buffs. Typically though, lower level soldiers (100 or below) won't have them because of the IP crunch. The 30% one is great, but 15% one isn't anything to laugh at. A 10% reflect shield is better than my 500AC buff, in my opinion. I even have a Symbios Graft, but locks T&S for about 45 minutes, so it's useless (can't use nano kits).

Anyway, it's a damn shame everyone's calling for a nerf on something. I guess everything will get nerfed sooner or later. It seems like nerfing is the solution to eveerything, or so people think.

Why nerf bracers? Everyone can use them can't they?

Why nerf deflections? Everyone can get them can't they?

Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

That didnt stop them from nerfing crit buffs.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Originally posted by Mantravadi
    That didnt stop them from nerfing crit buffs.
    Very true. Very true.

I know this sounds silly, but isn't this all speculation and invention?

Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Nerfing the soldiers ref/TMS would be s stupid move, since thats about the only nano line we have.
    As far as the reflect bracers go... i could see FC making them Unique or something... having 72% ref is pretty powerfull.
    my 0.02

Wuushu - 165 Soldier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast