Thread: Current Doctor specific bugs

Current Doctor specific bugs

Doctor specific bugs
    [list=1][*]HOT's and Self-heal perk are not affected by the heal-effciency perkline
    Even though it says so in the description of our HOT's. "Enhanced Heal" from the perkline "Nano Surgeon" also is not increased by the heal-efficiency perkline while "Team Heal" from the same perk-line is.[*]Teamheals go down in healoutput
    This is an old bug and it already had an answer that you will change the recharge of the last few teamheals in order for them to be better with the QL, but they are still unchanged as of yet. To repeat the original bug: The last few (4) teamheals have nearly the same heal-output but go up in both nano-cost and recharge-time. They actually become less good the higher QL you go.[*]TeamHP buff's heal first, then buff
    Ancient bug: buffing TeamHP will mean everyone is healed first, then buffed. Damaging everyone by the amount the buff buffs.[*]Target must have Shadowlands expansion pack
    using our SL-heal often get's us a nasty "Target must have Shadowlands expansion pack" until the targets' info is updated. Sometimes this can result in delays even greater then the recharge of our heal-nano's. We also do not understand the nano's have this requirement; Weapon professions can "use" their weapon on non-SL victims as well, SL pets can be casted anywhere and SL nukes can land on non SL users too. Why are our only new nanos limitted to SL only?[*]AOE heals blackhole
    Using the AOE healperk (Battle Group Heal 1-4) without targetting yourself or a team-member will use-up the perk but won't do anything (blackhole). BGH-4 is even worse; you need to target yourself only.[*]SL heals spam the target
    Our SL heals add a non refreshable tempHP in target's NCU. Casting the heal before the tempHP ends will give an NCU error message. Chaincasting SL heals means they are spammed with that message every 4 seconds.[*]Teachings of the immortal one sometimes locks up
    This book from IS sometimes locks up (it wont use) and will result in locking up everything for us (items, perks) until at a random time it suddenly executes. How to reproduce this I do not know, it just happens now and then.[*]Cure for Baldness doesn't work There has been numerous reports from bald doctors that this item isn't working, the community for bald nanomages is really frustrated by this bug and started demonstrations like "Hair is fair".[/list=1]

issues/suggestions are in the other stickied thread.
    Last edited by Letah; May 3rd, 2004 at 09:00:18.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

4 is not a bug if you think about it a bit. It would be a guaranteed 1k heal on the entire team in about the same time (5.38 vs 4.78).
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

Originally posted by Aristaeus
    4 is not a bug if you think about it a bit. It would be a guaranteed 1k heal on the entire team in about the same time (5.38 vs 4.78).
    it would not be a bug if it didnt heal first, then buffs. The sequence is in the wrong order and this bug already been confirmed by fc for being on. Its (I guess) on a very low priority though.

TeamHP has a long recharge so its always worse then a teamheal.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Well, Life Channeler is a better single target heal than Lifegiving Elixir..

Originally posted by Auno
    Well, Life Channeler is a better single target heal than Lifegiving Elixir..
    Shhh... don't tell them, they'll nerf it
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Re: Current Doctor specific bugs

Originally posted by Letah

Teachings of the immortal one sometimes locks up
    This book from IS sometimes locks up (it wont use) and will result in locking up everything for us (items, perks) until at a random time it suddenly executes. How to reproduce this I do not know, it just happens now and then.
    I've had this problem a bajillion times and it's terrible mid-fight when you need nano (especailly PVP), I've worked on figuring out the cause of it and I'm nearly positive that to reproduce it you must be recharging or casting a nano while the 'Item' bar (in the top right, different color than nano or weapon bars) is filling up, the 'Item' bar will stop or stutter, then continue until full, but not execute the item's whatever, this may also happen when performing a weapon special while the bar is filling.

This also occurs with the rings found in IS and To3W which use the same 'Item' bar, as well as the "Battle Prepared <blah>" line of kits used on rubika during a fight.

I've sent a bug report with this info and also petitioned so I would hope they're aware of it.
    Last edited by Kimarzt; Feb 23rd, 2004 at 22:50:07.
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

Something I noticed last night, our trader-drain removers don't seem to work on the drains some mobs use in the catacomb dungeons (nefarious force it's called). And they are drains, in the same nano line as divests according to Jayde's db.

If someone can confirm this it would be cool, I was really tired and not paying attention that well last night.

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I can not confirm this, but something that might be related

Spirits use an DoT that Drains also some Nano. It its in the same Line as Doc-Dot-C. With cure you cant remove it. But: You can cast Mutagenic Venom on yourself an overwrite the Spirit-DoT and finally you can remove MV. (Or you let it run in order to be protected against another spirit cast)
    Tarjila (Doc @ DNW)

Odd, I've been able to remove banshee wail etc using cure. Did you only notice this since 15.4?

It might be that these bugs were introduced in the patch.

Has anyone seen Improved Instinctive Control yet?

(Edit: Nevermind... just noticed that was covered in the other thread...)
    Last edited by Omni-Tek Angel; Feb 25th, 2004 at 18:29:20.
    Angelmed - 220/20/64 - F1, UBT, AFK
    (stuff) - (more)
    Bigdumbnoob - 150 Alium Killer
    And the alt army

As a side note, the aura effect (bug 2) is messing things up with NTs as well, to the point that a lot of us are dropping Channelling of Notum.

(Doctors and NTs unite! We have nothing to lose except...erm....ah...have we got anything left to lose?)

I think the ql 203 and ql 207 DoTs got mixed up:

Ql 203 Viral neurotoxin DoT req 1286 BM 1169 MC min level to cast 207
    Ql 207 Entropic Sores DoT req 1466 BM 1298 MC min level to cast 203

This really looks like they accidently swapped the lvl req between the 2.
    This already known? Or can it get reported to some dev?

Not that it would affect me anymore(past 207) but it would be nice for the lower levelling docs to be able to cast Viral neurotoxin before lvl 207 when they have the skill and want to.

To me above stats look like they mixed up the level requirement on them
    Llunarr lvl 216 nanomage doctor equip selfcasting everything with pistols
    Llunaa lvl 199 solitus adventurer

"Viral Combination gives no error messages
    This special needs 2 or 3 DOT's running on the target. If those requirements aren't met the target is notified of this, instead of us. "

I get error message when DOT strain A or B are not running on the target.

So, this is fixed, right?
    Main character:
    Zeylenne 220 Doctor ex-President of Ragnarok, a scandinavian Omni organization

Wanna join? Ragnarok Recruitment

Active alt characters:

Lilleg2 220 MA
    Polfarer 218 Adventurer

Re: Re: Current Doctor specific bugs

Originally posted by Kimarzt

I've had this problem a bajillion times and it's terrible mid-fight when you need nano (especailly PVP), I've worked on figuring out the cause of it and I'm nearly positive that to reproduce it you must be recharging or casting a nano while the 'Item' bar (in the top right, different color than nano or weapon bars) is filling up, the 'Item' bar will stop or stutter, then continue until full, but not execute the item's whatever, this may also happen when performing a weapon special while the bar is filling.

This also occurs with the rings found in IS and To3W which use the same 'Item' bar, as well as the "Battle Prepared <blah>" line of kits used on rubika during a fight.

I've sent a bug report with this info and also petitioned so I would hope they're aware of it.
    On my MA the TOtW Rings locked sometimes and the same happened.

On my Doc the Book locks too.

I have a simple solution to this bug:
    Just cast a single Heal on you and after few seconds 1-2 the bug is gone and you can use your items as usual.

Hope this helps a bit.
    greets, Corvus

Most of this list is no longer current. The only ones that are of any serious important are as follows:

Target must have Shadowlands expansion pack
    using our SL-heal often get's us a nasty "Target must have Shadowlands expansion pack" until the targets' info is updated. Sometimes this can result in delays even greater then the recharge of our heal-nano's. We also do not understand the nano's have this requirement; Weapon professions can "use" their weapon on non-SL victims as well, SL pets can be casted anywhere and SL nukes can land on non SL users too. Why are our only new nanos limitted to SL only?

AOE heals blackhole
    Using the AOE healperk (Battle Group Heal 1-4) without targetting yourself or a team-member will use-up the perk but won't do anything (blackhole). BGH-4 is even worse; you need to target yourself only.

Teachings of the immortal one sometimes locks up
    This book from IS sometimes locks up (it wont use) and will result in locking up everything for us (items, perks) until at a random time it suddenly executes. How to reproduce this I do not know, it just happens now and then.

Using perks with a large timer locks everything else
    Nearly every Doctor uses "Regain Nano", a perkspecials that needs about 5 seconds before its executed. During that time we cannot use any items like firstaid stimms or other perks.

The latter half aren't as important, but still of importance.
    Peek-a-boo I see you.

updated

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Oh, I almost forgot - Teachings of the Immortal locks up due to it being cast while something is in recharge, ie - healing, then using the book.
    Peek-a-boo I see you.

Originally posted by Letah
    Doctor specific bugs
    [list=4][*]Target must have Shadowlands expansion pack
    using our SL-heal often get's us a nasty "Target must have Shadowlands expansion pack" until the targets' info is updated. Sometimes this can result in delays even greater then the recharge of our heal-nano's. We also do not understand the nano's have this requirement; Weapon professions can "use" their weapon on non-SL victims as well, SL pets can be casted anywhere and SL nukes can land on non SL users too. Why are our only new nanos limitted to SL only?[/list=1]

i am just able to self cast the cellular regeneration nano the first of our SL heals and i find if i cast it on all members of teh team before we start i dont have much of a problem after that unless anyone zones or gos out of range then comes back.

This is a major problem for me as i heal my guild team in inferno and as the high lvl docs know its a pain to keep somone alive even if they are a great tank it only takes a few hits and there dead, With the amount that is going on and the fact your keeping a eye on the team window for all the teams hp it is somtimes hard to see the msg come up so you are left with somone on 1/2 or even 1/4 hp that u have to heal, It dosnt make you look very good at being a doc if there half dead before you even cast a nano.

it only takes 3 or 4 hits and somone is dead in inferno more for the higher lvls or if they have very high hp so the 2 sec delay in healing because of the msg can cost somone there life in this game.

please FC make this a priority fix as people are dieing because of it
    Last edited by Vel's army; May 4th, 2004 at 16:43:47.

It's not that hard to even fix, simply take the "Must Have Shadowlands" off the heal, and put it on the temp-HP it gives, so it will still be semi-operational in cases of lag.

or simply remove the flag from the nano.
    Peek-a-boo I see you.