Thread: Advice on armor for newbie doc 150+

Advice on armor for newbie doc 150+

Hello hello.

I'm a level 148 weaponless nanomage doc]. At the moment I am using some ql150ish biomech.

My plan is to blitz a full suit of ql200 biomech when I am level 154 and can pull ql200 mishes.

I would like some advice on good _attainable_ armour choices (i.e. not azure :-P) for levels 150-200.

carbonium is nice, and attainable... just have to buy the plates and have a engi with the right tools put it together together.

and if it is 200 carb it might be worth it to apply omnifiers to it.

yes, I would also recommend omni carbonium.

the best caster armor out there untill you get raid loot.
    Main character:
    Zeylenne 220 Doctor ex-President of Ragnarok, a scandinavian Omni organization

Wanna join? Ragnarok Recruitment

Active alt characters:

Lilleg2 220 MA
    Polfarer 218 Adventurer

Omnified carbonium set. End of story

Biomech is good only as buff armor to fill those spots left open by omnimed suit when fitting implants/symbiants.

Heck, my 203 doc still wears several parts of his 200 omnified set. 203 doc for hire. Will heal for azure parts
    Jadal 205 Doc (Atlantean)
    Jindal 100 Keeper (Atlantean)
    Jeod Noob MP (Atlantean)
    Jadal 128 Fixer (Rimor)
    Omni-Tek is your friend!

Allright, carb it is then :-p ill try to get a full ql200 suit put together

:-) thanks for the advice

I don't understand why ppl never mention MK2.. at 146+ it's one of the better armor choices I think, and it don't look but ugly like carb

sure you can't buy it in the stores, but it's not that hard to get if you have some higher friends to help you, and a mezzer is really usefull
    Azance - 208 doc soli RK2
    Abrayndr - 138 atrox NT RK2
    some others, etc

Originally posted by Azance
    I don't understand why ppl never mention MK2.. at 146+ it's one of the better armor choices I think, and it don't look but ugly like carb

sure you can't buy it in the stores, but it's not that hard to get if you have some higher friends to help you, and a mezzer is really usefull
    cause you have to dump a bit into psych. at least, that's what stopped me from using it

Originally posted by Azance

I still use MK2 armor I've also used omni-carb in the past. I don't think either is really better or worse than the other, depends on your setup, and like you said omni-carb is butt ugly, which is the reason why I use MK

but when your looking at it from a time v's reward perspective, then Omni-carb wins hands down. Omni-carb could even be the best time v's reward armor set in the entire game.

Newbie.
    150+.
    Newbie.
    150+.
    Newbie.
    150+.

<_<
    >_>
    >_<
    <_>
    *splat*

You have officially detonated my cortex.
    I need a drink.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

He he well you level fast in this game, too fast I would say.

Nerf xp all over!

time isn't everything

oh and psychology ain't all that bad.. gogo Guardian conductor of Life
    Last edited by Azance; May 2nd, 2004 at 13:51:43.
    Azance - 208 doc soli RK2
    Abrayndr - 138 atrox NT RK2
    some others, etc

mk2???

what should a lvl 87ish use? (will not be 87 for long)

im getting new imps at lvl 100 (jobe clusters), maybe i should get new armor then to?

using ql78 carb now.

(you dont need skill to lvl, just need directions, friends and friendly ppl to team with)

lol, mk isnt short for anything,

is mk1 armor any good?

Mk1 and Mk2 are versions of Decranums Armour which is found on mobs in the rear area of Smugglers Dungeon in Southern Foul Hills.

Mk stands for Mark, ie edition, version.

Decraums Mk 1
    http://aomainframe.info/equipconfig....Corona+MK+I%3A

Decranums Mk2
    http://aomainframe.info/equipconfig....orona+MK+II%3A

Personally i keep Dec2, Tier1 and 200 Omni carb plus a 2 bags of assorted headgear and other spare armour parts and I swap between them depending on the situation.
    Doctor Katrinex Clendennon MD

Advisor & Master Surgeon
    Kill-Switch
    Omni-Tek Corporation RK2

Clanners! Farzens of em!
    Steady there lad, don't shoot til ya see the whites of their eyes.

Tier1 is social clothing
    Main character:
    Zeylenne 220 Doctor ex-President of Ragnarok, a scandinavian Omni organization

Wanna join? Ragnarok Recruitment

Active alt characters:

Lilleg2 220 MA
    Polfarer 218 Adventurer