Thread: Missing Former NLC Secretary Found Murdered in Apartment

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Missing Former NLC Secretary Found Murdered in Apartment

Missing Former NLC Secretary Found Murdered in Apartment
    IRRK News Wire Staff

(IRRK) -- The body of an outspoken former Newland City Council Secretary has been found, and attached to the grizzly spectacle a very dark message for the city inhabitants.

"This is a Council of Fear," was a common phrase for some weeks after Amahnda Dwemse's highly publicized outburst against the Newland City Council. Protesting the Council's inability to make a decision on the Newland Guard issue, the secretary went to media representatives to tell things, 'Like they are'.

She was quickly dismissed from her position with the Council for breaking confidential trust. After her dismissal she became even more active in her personal campaign to stir the Council to action. Many citizens joined in and supported her cause, though the effects this movement actually had on the Council are debatable.

She made news a second time a short time later in a more ominous fashion. Ms. Dwemse's disappearance was unexpected, and took the Neutral City by surprise. The ICC was called in to investigate but could find no proper leads to follow. Over the weeks there have been many reported sightings and false reports, but no credible leads, until late last night.

At about 2200 RKST citizens of Newland Apartments in City Back Yard #2 reported screams and the sound of gunshots from her apartment. The ICC rushed to the scene to find a very disturbing spectacle. Evidently Ms. Dwemse had been abducted and kept as a hostage since her disappearance, she was returned to her home where she sustained multiple close range plasma weapons burns, and due to the presence of a blue ash covering most of her torso, appears to have been killed by a Soul-Scattering perma-death ranged weapon.

Next to her was a small data pad with a warning to Newland Residents. "I can protect you from the Clans, I could've protected her. But if I'm not wanted, why should I bother. Can you protect yourselves from me?"

There is heated debate at this hour over the source of the message. Many claim that local Mercenary Commander Warr is responsible and is using the death of Ms. Dwemse, a very outspoken opponent to attempt to regain influence over the City Council. Others believe that Omni-Tek Shadow Operatives had a hand in the situation. While still more people believe this to be a ploy by the Dust Brigade to attempt to sway popular opinion against Omni-Tek.

The ICC is investigating the scene and medical staff are examining the body for any possible clues. This comes at a bad time for the already strained City of Newland. Tensions are high as the Council prepares to change Defenders for the City. What effect this will have on that process remains to be seen.

Dr. Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu:

This is tragic, and I fear it is only the beginning of Newland City's problems, from both Clan and Omni aligned terrorists.

Permadeath... for anyone on Rubi-Ka, it is terrifying, and even more terrifying when you realize that these weapons are in the hands of rogue elements, possibly of both sides.

I can't wait to hear the ICC's non-findings after their non-investigation.

Katia "Aelys" Ganes:

Damnit. My employer ordered me to search for this woman, and I spent days in the ass end of Newland's territories. I even searched that ghost town, 4 Holes. I suppose you native Rubi-Kans aren't terribly used to permadeath, thoguh I don't wish it on anyone, this kind of thing could get interesting.

I wonder how much one of those weaposn would sell for...
    Last edited by Zagadka; Feb 7th, 2004 at 19:42:37.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

The gridfeed report still displayed on her terminal's monitor, Jen Markarian slowly leans back in her armchair, thoughtfully looking at her office's ceiling.

"... Allright", she mutters to herself after a few seconds, voicing a thought that had immediately boomed in her mind as she had been reading. "Now that all evidence openly points at Warr - who truly is behind this..."
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Well judging by the amount of time required to find the body within the council member's apartment shows just how capable the ICC and neutral authorities are. Investigation of disappearances being at individual's places or work and living quarters and this clearly shows a flaw in their delay. Perhaps this NLC Secretary could have been found alive in time.
    Meldaeyn
    220 Omni Meta-Physicist on Rimor
    As long as the enemies of the corporation still draw breath, there can be no peace.

Dr. Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu:

I suspect that the murder took place at the apartment, but Ms. Dwemse was being held elsewhere during the time. Surely, though, the ICC and NLC should have been monitoring the former Councilwoman's apartment for either her return or the return of her kidnappers.

I wonder, though, if the same people who kidnapped her are the same who murdered her, or if they were working together...
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I wonder if this might have to do with the sniper in Borealis. Seems quite a strange "coincidence" that a rogue element shot this woman and has not yet been captured. It stands to reason as a good possibility that they are one and the same. But only time will tell. As far as the Permadeath substance, I believe that it should be highly scrutinized as there must be very few places it can be created.

Lastsecond2 out.

A classical 50/50 situation. Either Loren Warr did it/had it done, or some one is trying to pin the blame on her. Loren is capable of doing something like this, and might even be crude enough in operations to leave that kind of message. How ever, 90% of all people on Rubi-Ka knows this, and might try to shift the spotlight away from themself. Keep that in mind when assigning blame.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Loren is an atrox. Atroxes aren't known for their.....civilized behavior. She might just be crude enough to do it, know the consequences and not care.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

No matter who the guilty party turns out to be, Clan Cerberus would like to offer our condolances and sympathy to her family and loved ones. Keep the memory of her and her vigilance and bravery in your hearts, and let her be a symbol to the rest of us that the fight must continue for civilized and just conditions in your beloved city of Newland.

With kind regards, and support
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

*Raijou placed his fist through the terminal window*

"This shouldn't have happened, we were trying to find her..."

*As he picked a few shards of glass from his hand he sighed and slumped against the wall*

"...nothing can stop what already has taken place...but it will be cleared up, and brought out into the open. Only then may the her soul rest in its present state..."

*He bowed his head slightly and picked up his comm to call off all searches he had currently in the desert and towns*

"We will do what we can to bring justice to your case, although it is to late. I'm sorry Ms. Dwemse, that I truely am..."
    "Chariots strong, horses fast, troops valiant, weapons sharp--so that when they hear the drums beat the attack they are happy, and when they hear the gongs sound the retirement they are enraged.He who is like this is strong."
    -Chang Yu ,author of a commentary of Sun Tzu's 'The Thirteen Chapters'

"Naefen leans back in hes parked Yalm high above Rome. Casually placing hes comm-link headset on the dashboard"

-Hmmm, so its finally begun. The first of many have suffered from this conflict.

"Speeding up towards Newland a small crooked smile appears on hes face"

-So, what will they do next?
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Re: Missing Former NLC Secretary Found Murdered in Apartment

Originally posted by Editor: IRRK
    [B]Missing Former NLC Secretary Found Murdered in Apartment
    IRRK News Wire Staff

Next to her was a small data pad with a warning to Newland Residents. "I can protect you from the Clans, I could've protected her. But if I'm not wanted, why should I bother. Can you protect yourselves from me?"
    Scary.....A mad man with a Perma-death Gun Apparintly anti-Clan And is sick of Neuts Sooner or later he Will hate the Omnis (unless he is a omni (oh they will LOVE that on they're recored)) Maybye......................this couled extend beyond Newland.

*flips through old gridnews*

Again this is simply an attack on the good people of Rubi-Ka in order to scare them into rejoining Omni-Tek.

It's obvious Lorren Warr did this. She\it is an Omni-Tek citizen after all and wants you to be enslaved again. Lorren Warr should be brought forth and tried against her\it's crimes against Newland and the peaceful people who have tried to live there... maybe those who hired Lorren should be arrested also.

My clan will offer's assitance in any means neccesary.

Elmo looked at the new post on a long dead info-thread, then burst out laughing. Barrely being able to see through the tears of mirth he started typing.

"Oh yeah, and let us also arrest those that was the cause behind Newland City hiring the Mercs. The beloved Sentinels and their nutty leader Silverstone who shoot Neutrals on sight. Sure, Loren was, and still is a menace, but to suggest the arrest of those that hired her in good faith is bordering on dementium."
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Trath, neutral Agent for hire.

Very sloppy work, at first impressions I doubt this was done by a professional, first there is the note of multiple plasma burns, a professional by definition is professional, one single quick shot in the back of the head at close range, hit them with the permadeath weapon, and be done with it.

Unless of course the whole point was to make the job look sloppy and point a attention in a different direction, however if that was the case you would not be so obvious, the note is a dead give away, its too obvious for a plant, only a self-important sociopath would write something like that, if, for example, I was going to do this I would simply plant something innocuous, maybe a half drank glass of water conveniently smeared with a bit of incriminating DNA, some fingerprints on the door jam, a few strands of hair on the ground, make it look like someone was trying to cover their tracks but missed a few items.

at the advice of my legal representatives I would like to make clear this is entirely speculation not indication that I know anything about these kinds of events from personal knowledge, I’m an upright citizen that would never even considering braking the law.

Too claim this crime was done to frame Commander Warr doesn’t ring true to me.
    Last edited by Talan; Apr 9th, 2004 at 11:35:42.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.