"Merio, are you there? Have you found what I requested?"

Vayde spoke gently into the commlink, apparently he already knew the answer.

With a slight crackle from the static, Merio's voice came from concealed speaker in the comm.

"Yes Revered One, I have retrieved the records of REM sleep from the Borealis Medical Facility."

"Good, good" he responded. "Send the records to my HUD now and I'll look over them..."

Her response was delayed, she was clearly thinking for a moment, but she at last responded.

"Yes my Lord, I shall do so immediately. If I may ask, however..."

He smiled at her obedience to him. "Yes...you may"

"Why have you chosen the Neutral records?"

"Ah, my dear naive Merio...it's fairly simple. The minds of the neutrals are untainted by Omni-Tek and Clan propaganda...their dreams are pure, and will open greater avenues to me."

"Once again a testament to your wisdom...my apologies for ever questioning your methods, master..." came her reply.

"Knowledge is power, Merio...and you simply displayed your desire for that power. Now if you'll excuse me, I must begin looking over the records. I shall contact you with further orders shortly."

Vayde got up from his lounge and walked over to a nearby drawer, within it a strange black star-shaped object.

"Ah...the Nightmare Pendant...guide me to the dreamer..."

As he spoke, he held the pendant over his HUD, and within moments a name had appeared.

"...Sable "Ysabelle" Winter of...Shattered Dreams...my what an appropriate name for an organization if she belongs to it..."

~Grinning from under his hood, Vayde stuffed the pendant into his pocket and placed his HUD back onto his utility belt. With a burst of speed he ran through the apartment to his balcony and jumped straight off to the sea below, shooting himself forward in flight just before he made contact with the waves, clearly heading towards Borealis...~