Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14.2 pet oe changes tested

Originally posted by Tsuneko
    Wildrunner, this is at level 60. At higher levels you will find tha the robots enginners can self summon may be red, but do not come near to the damage that other classes can put out in 3 seconds. I group with soldiers that put out more than 30,000 points of demage in the time in takes for Brawl to recharge (13 sec). Engineers wlll need to sacrifice some of there cluster locations for weapons in change for ST and MC.
    Why does every class insist on judging their gimpiness solely by damage/second? Engineers aren't SUPPOSED to do as much damage as pure fighting classes. If you want to be the best in a fight, take a fighting class! Engineers are weaker in combat and stronger (in fact, second strongest) in trade skills.

Scorus

Re: What a bad news...

Originally posted by Maahlem
    an Engineer is not so useful in a team, but now is really unuseful... Applause. Bad idea !

I'm an lvl 32 Engineer and I thought about my unsubscription, really.

Maahlem.
    You are only lvl 32. That is why you think an engie is not useful in a team. They are infact, in high demand for high level teams because high level bots can take a beating and dish one out too. Depending on which missions you take at what level, your bots can take better than enforcers by far. I feel fortunate when I can actually find a high lvl engie for my mission teams or an MP.

Hang in there because we like our engineers

Originally posted by Scorus
    Ahhh, will /pet report cause them to stop their current combat and go into /pet behind? Good question, I'll check that out.
    Tested it and /pet report (and /pet rename) will NOT cause the pet to stop their current combat. They continue fighting until the guy that was beating on them is dead and then won't follow orders.

Any chance we can keep this discussion on how oe works on test? There are plenty of "I do/don't like oe" threads for you to post on.

Scorus

ummm, believe me, at higher levels (130+) a team is not going to wait your for silly bulky robot thats always lost, you aer going to have to pick up a weapon.
    and yes it is dmg/second, as youll find out, kill the enemy before it kills you.

Wildrunner, this is at level 60. At higher levels you will find tha the robots enginners can self summon may be red, but do not come near to the damage that other classes can put out in 3 seconds. I group with soldiers that put out more than 30,000 points of demage in the time in takes for Brawl to recharge (13 sec). Engineers wlll need to sacrifice some of there cluster locations for weapons in change for ST and MC.
    Things like shades of lucubration will now be much more sought after, all enginners will be wearing Neleb's and using pistol's like OET Co Jess that add to Int. Too bad they can't use the Backshirt.
    Oh, and btw, the top Slayerdroid IS castable before level 100, but only ith Mocham's and a 132 wrangle and badass implants and etc...
    Um. All engies use full S/T and MC clusters. Are you ... blunt?

Many engies wear nelebs. And no one in their right mind would *ever* use a pistol other than a khan *PERHAPS*, and even then I know only 1 engy who does. Any engy I know would 'sacrifice' the amazing 2 or 3 points from the extra INT from a Jess or Krutt or Pillow and use it on a QL 170 ithaca instead.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio

Um. All engies use full S/T and MC clusters. Are you ... blunt?

Many engies wear nelebs. And no one in their right mind would *ever* use a pistol other than a khan *PERHAPS*, and even then I know only 1 engy who does. Any engy I know would 'sacrifice' the amazing 2 or 3 points from the extra INT from a Jess or Krutt or Pillow and use it on a QL 170 ithaca instead.
    ~Chris

Megabio, at higher levels you are expected to do damage, and alot of it, otherwise you are going to find more and more people not wanting to group with you. its true. you are also not expected to wear the silly nelebs coat either, it sacrifices great amounts of ac. look, im not dogging anyone or flaming either. i thnk this oe thing really is going to kill engineers, enough said. mp's wont be hurt much at all. crat's, well, there droids have less req than eng or mp pets (nearly 100 points for ql200), bt there ts and mc is blue. crats dont really 'need' there droid either, i see many get along fine without them. however, oe will still hurt them quite a bit.

Guys, does this look like the engineer strategy forum?

Scorus

Megabio, at higher levels you are expected to do damage, and alot of it, otherwise you are going to find more and more people not wanting to group with you. its true. you are also not expected to wear the silly nelebs coat either, it sacrifices great amounts of ac. look, im not dogging anyone or flaming either. i thnk this oe thing really is going to kill engineers, enough said. mp's wont be hurt much at all. crat's, well, there droids have less req than eng or mp pets (nearly 100 points for ql200), bt there ts and mc is blue. crats dont really 'need' there droid either, i see many get along fine without them. however, oe will still hurt them quite a bit.
    What people don't seem to remember here is that groups at lvl130+ that blast through missions tend to have crit buffs. Lvl 130+ teams with a MA don't need a Engineer (until 14.2) After 14.2 constant high non crit damage is going to be whats looked for. The ql200 shell slayer does 600-900 constant and double attacks if you have good trimmers.

Engineers/MPs are still the best solo profession in the game, and will be after 14.2.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

aye Irritated, good point

Post *sigh*

Moderators:

Point number 2 of the forum guidelines:

"When replying to postings, please check the subject and read through the other postings in the thread to be sure what you are writing is relevant to the discussion. A posting that is irrelevant to the thread could be deleted or moved."

The engi's emotional problems are completely irrelevant in this thread.

Not to be mean, but did you even read my post? I said "I would rather sacrifice 3 points of MC/TS from a Jess or Pillow than not." I did say that yes, all engies use a full MC/TS combo.. but you only miss out on 1 shotty implant (bright) and you can always switch that out when you are putting on your gun.

As I said, I would rather have a Ql 170 ithaca+ on, like I do now.. As I said, I usually don't even use my bot if I have UVC on, because I have a 183 ithaca on and I don't use Neleb's coat either.

OE will not really hurt engineers, to tell you the truth, unless they are below 120. Which is what? 10-15% of the game? Above that everyone will have the 700+ MC/TS needed to continiously keep a QL 200 slayer running.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio
    OE will not really hurt engineers, to tell you the truth, unless they are below 120. Which is what? 10-15% of the game?
    10-15% of the game or people?
    i dont know about you, but in order to start a new engineer, you start at level one.
    nuff said

Question Scorus RE: NCU changes for Engies

Mate, I heard that there was a bug where your pet's chipped NCU is reset why you zone. Can you confirm that this is in fact unintentional and will be addressed as a bug?

Cosmik posted that they are looking both issues of too-low pet NCU and the NCU chip loss during zoning in this.

Swerve
    Last edited by Swerve911; Jun 6th, 2002 at 18:57:29.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12