Thread: Looking for the perfect Valentines Day gift?

Looking for the perfect Valentines Day gift?

Millennia ago, before the Long Winter and the extinction of the Homo Sapiens, a tradition of giving gifts to your loved ones on February 14th started. The origins of the tradition and why the 14th was picked are lost to history, but every year people search high and low for the perfect Valentines Day gift.

However, on Rubi-Ka, this February 14th marks the 759th anniversary of the shipping of the first ton of refined and processed Notum off-planet. A momentous event that marked the beginning of a new era of increased shareholder value for the Omni-Tek Corporation.

This year, don’t go to a smelly Yutto and buy fattening candy like you did last year. Buy your sweetheart some pure refined Notum. Not only is Notum non-fattening, it also has zero calories, no net carbs, and provides a longer lasting energy boost than the traditional chocolate and sugar combination.

After all, what better way to say, “I love you” than with the gift of pure, refined Notum?

(This has been a paid advertisement for Omni-Mining, supplier of the highest quality Notum to the galaxy for 759 years.)
    Last edited by Marisha; Feb 6th, 2004 at 01:50:04.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

This sound like an absolutely fabulous idea. Though, I must admit, I am quite perplexed as to how to go about arranging the gifts I aim to send...well, I suppose the direct approach is best, no?

Put me down for one ton of Notum, addressed as follows:

To: Mr. Chi "Aazamon" Fadri, President of The Nanomage Liberation Front, Borealis
    Love From: Nathan Age, General, Omni-InternOps

Dearest Mr. Fadri,

Please accept this warm, friendly, and non-beligerent donation to your cause from all of us at Omni-InternOps, so that you might continue to live a few more hours.

(())

For my second Valentine, I will be requiring approximately 500 grams of Notum, but it absolutely MUST be carved to be an exact, life-sized replica of an Old Earth noose. It can be addressed as follows:

To: The Somewhat Honourable Henry Radiman, Council of Truth Building, Tir
    Love From: Nathan Age, General, Omni-InternOps

Mr. Radiman,

Please accept the enclosed gift from Janus, myself, our department and superiors. While I realize that you might be tempted to hang this on your wall, I might suggest hanging it from the rafters of your office, and proceeding to make full use of it in the manner proscribed in historical accounts.

It will save us a bullet.

(())

To:Nathan "Ammicus" Age, General, Omni-InternOps

Re: Need for notum
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I hacked across this transmission of your and don't believe you need to place that order.. You could just pull that big rod of notum out of your ... umm ya

Anyways have a good Valentines Day and I would not go opening any packages if I where you (thank the goddess I am not).

Andrew

(( ))
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Though I appreciate your concern, Mr. Domtar, I can assure you that I do not personally open up any packages. We have our clan prisone--, err, guests...open the packages for us.