Thread: Gameplay has changed in todays patch? Monsters made much stronger...

Gameplay has changed in todays patch? Monsters made much stronger...

Okay i don't post a lot on the boards, but today after the patch i noticed something that can't go unspoken.

While playing my new soldier on rubi ka 2 (Lumbarin level 12) i noticed a change made to mobs in the first fight i had. It was in a solo mission set at 50% difficulty. As of right now every other hit made on me by an even con (yellow) mob does not take into account my armor class.

Monster hits me for 11 damage (minimum)

monster hits me for 27 damage (not counting my armor class thats bout what they would hit for)

monster hits me for 11 damage (minimum)

monster hits me for 24 damage (not counting my armor class thats bout what they would hit for)

monster hits me for 22 damage critical hit! (thus counting out the chance that the other odd hits are crits)...

This hit me like a sledgehammer. Could such a large change have been put into the game undocumented? Is this a bug??

After noticing this i got to thinking it could just be my armor class. So i decided to test it out in the newbie backyard..

Reet of paradise hits me for 6 damage

reet of paradise hits me for 4 damage (minimum)

leet hits me for 4 damage

reet of paradise hits me for 4 damage

leet hits me for 4 damage

reet of paradise hits me for 6 damage

leet hits me for 6 damage...

I think Funcom may have changed monsters to scale versus players in difficulty by having a set % of their hits, based on what they con to you ie even con 50% of their hits will not take into account your armor, and it will scale up as they get tougher (guessing there) and scale down as they get easier (not guessing leets and reets of paradise didn't hit through my armor as much as even cons) .

Anyone else notice this??!!

Test it out and post your findings here...

Well, thats screwed up, logged back in and can't reproduce it. Monsters hitting minimum damage now always again..

weird