Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enforcers: Real tanks in the game?

Enforcers: Real tanks in the game?

Suggestion for next patch

Im now level 130 enforcer, doing most of the time high level missions with 5 other mates.When i play with a soldier, he usually makes the tank cos of his awesome mk shield as he can get more pain than I.Of course, we have better life nanos but when a mob hits for 1000+ our hps don't last long whereas soldiers can face an ace better.

So here comes a suggestion: Enforcers should have a mk shield too, of course, less powerful than the soldier's(75%), maybe a 25% or 50% shield would be fair.
    I'm sure soldiers won't agree, but they also hit harder with a ql 200 nova flow(and faster) or a gamma beamer than i can with my ql 200 beam.

So please funcom let us do our business:tankers and fix the enforcers!!!

lol

MK never happen , it simply is to powerful for an enforcer to have .

if memory doesnt serve me bad, I think that Enforcers got a Layer line jusr like the NT.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Not as powerful but..

Sure, not as powerful as the soldier's one, soldiers have to remain specific, but a lesser one!!

Comparison : Ma's are the best for crit buffs and agents will get one but a lesser one...Why can't it be possible for enforcers? We've never been fixed though!!

Yeah of course!!

we have layers, but highest absorbs 600 dmg or so, thats not even one crit hit from an ace!!!

humm

We have massive hit points and shields. I'm sure as the game progresses there will be new items for us.

**Repeated from your other thread.

1. Soldiers can exceed enforcers at being the "good tank" at levels over 120ish when they can cast at least TMS MK 5. Before then the shield makes minimal difference at best. Even now (at level 137) I get annoyed when I have to use my TMS. It slows down the dam game having to wait and god forbid I get rooted while nano shutdown is running.

2. The best tank in the game is "THE BOT". The real problem with THE BOT is none of them have a brain.

3. Most soldiers don't waste the butt loads of IP they would need to dump into Matter Met to use AC buffs. QL for QL, Engineer AC buffs are 50% higher then soldiers. And I guess that only really matters if you think ACs actually make a difference (which I don't). In either case I don't see how my uncastable Soldier AC buff of 600ish ACs at level 185 is going to make me a better tank

4. The truly great nanos for the soldiers are their standard shields. The highest level one reduces all damage by 30%. Should other classes (like engineers) get some of this action? Sure, why not. Reflect bracers are only the start

5. Enforcers have a form of "in combat healing nano" that makes our 200-300 HP heal (with 100HP total DOT) look silly don't they?

I for one would not like to see the enforcers get a TMS shield as it is our profession defining ability and pretty much one of the only useful nano lines we have. That would be like giving essence to a fixer or wrangles to an engineer.

TMS is the only thing other then normal reflect shields that we have going for us ( and even other classes have these shields). Our health buffs are worthless and don't stack, our AC buff is joke as pointed out already and ,although good, our weapon masterys pare in comparison with other "mastery" buffs like unexpected attack. Lets not forget that high level nano "Automatic targetting" which adds +24 to your attack rating.

Enforcers are ment to absorb damage where soldiers are suppose to reflect it. Thats why you have massive essences, mongo slams, challengers, etc. And why we have TMS / Reflect shields.

I'm sure soldiers won't agree, but they also hit harder with a ql 200 nova flow(and faster) or a gamma beamer than i can with my ql 200 beam.
    Actually if you goto the damage calculator at antiguardians and run a 200 beam VS a 200 nova (withnot changes to stats, just base) a beam shoudl do 9437 damage where a novaflow will 9336. Asides from that its how individual players make their character. I mean a fixer/doctor/crat of equal level could probably outdamage me. Thi s makes sence as well. Soldiers are supposivly the masters of ranged weapons, while enforcers are the 2nd masters of melee damage (MA are and will be more so with MA only crit buffs)

Sturm: If you really want to tank batter. get yourself some bracers liek other's have suggested then a 30% shield from a soldier. By lvl 190 you can have 72% reflect any damage type (76% for projectiles) with a 30% shield, 2 tlvl6 21% bracers (+4% projectile if you get the agression enhancer off the iron reet) Your only lvl 130 and still have a long way to go. If you think enforcers cn't tank then when you get to a higher level get into a team with Spydervenom and you'll see how good enforcers can.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Originally posted by Pie314
    Actually if you goto the damage calculator at antiguardians and run a 200 beam VS a 200 nova (withnot changes to stats, just base) a beam shoudl do 9437 damage where a novaflow will 9336. Asides from that its how individual players make their character. I mean a fixer/doctor/crat of equal level could probably outdamage me. Thi s makes sence as well. Soldiers are supposivly the masters of ranged weapons, while enforcers are the 2nd masters of melee damage (MA are and will be more so with MA only crit buffs)
    AG's dmg calc's are horribly frelled; I wouldn't rely on them. What weapon has a 25% chance to crit anyways?

Nobody said beam was the best enf weapon. (not my fault it has reqs that 14.2 won't like and its a pain to get)

Group with a soldier if you want a reflect, they have a 30% that lasts 1:10.

For some reason I thought this was about vehicles.

Lol, I'd rather see tank vehicles that look tankish and are usuable. Gunships are a joke; rare loot, high reqs, crap dmg and super slow.

Enfs are sitting pretty at the moment. Rage fixed in 14.2, supposedly getting 1he/2he buff line (probably rare though) and not really suffering in their class role.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Bronto_Cowboy

AG's dmg calc's are horribly frelled; I wouldn't rely on them. What weapon has a 25% chance to crit anyways?
    its nt exactly hard to get 25% crit. but the time oyu can get a 200 beam/nova you can get UVC cast on your an thats 24% right there, It is stated that agents in 14.2 can get upto 59% crit. My point was that contrary to what was said... a novaflow doesn't really hugely outdamage a beam
    Lvl 191 Soldier

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,

leave soldier shields to soldiers.

How funny it is to see you (soldiers) whining when i just ask for the enforcer to be what he is intended to: a tank
    I would not complain if you soldiers could get some essences or better shields...

Have you seen the attack rate of a nova compared to a beam? Check your weapon stats sometimes and you'll agree me.
    Personnally i don't care about 14.2 patch because with my implants and buffs i'm not 20% OE for my ql 200 beam.

Originally posted by Sturmkampfer

Have you seen the attack rate of a nova compared to a beam? Check your weapon stats sometimes and you'll agree me.
    Personnally i don't care about 14.2 patch because with my implants and buffs i'm not 20% OE for my ql 200 beam.
    Have you seen the damage of a beam compared to a nova? Check your weapon stats sometimes and you'll agree me.
    Personaly i don't care about 14.2 patch because with my implants and buffs i'm not 0% OE for my ql 200 nova.

Yes soldiers can take lots of damage with a TMS but it leaves them crippled after, but we couldn't hold an agro to save our lives (this comming from a nova using, 154 soldier with 914 attack rating). Enforcers are and will remain the best tanks (what good is a tank if they can't hold an agro) especially with crit buffs and mongos/, they don't need to have a TMS shield of any kind.

Like the other enforcers who have posted on this thread, enforcers do not need and will probably never ever get a tms shield.
    Lvl 191 Soldier

the only 'fair' way for enfs to get tms would be for soldiers to get mongo. then enfs would be about useless.

Bah, only in two ways is a nova flow better then a beam.
    1) it's ranged
    2) it has fling

It's inferior in a number of ways.
    1) worse damage, at 1:1 attack speed (which anyone over lvl 100 will be attacking at) the beam massively outdamages the nova flow.
    2) the beam checks vs duck
    3) the beam uses a single skill to factor attack rating vs the 2 the nova flow uses (thus dragging down attk).
    4) the beam can "fire" while the enforcer is moving.

Brawl and burst seem about equal from what I've seen.

As an enforcer I say "ack, I don't want mirror shield, it locks your nano skills and then I couldn't mongo, or rage, or challenger, or..."

As a soldier I say "sure! gimme mongo and essence, and layered shield and I'll gladly let ya'll have mirror shield."
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Thumbs down

Adventures should Get Better Dmg Sheilds/Reflect Sheilds Before Any other Profession in the Game Does.

no one can make an effective damage shield like the Adventurer
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Originally posted by Xyberviri
    Adventures should Get Better Dmg Sheilds/Reflect Sheilds Before Any other Profession in the Game Does.

no one can make an effective damage shield like the Adventurer[/size]
    LOL Xyb, don't we all just LOVE that line?

Anyway, the way I see it, right now (Never been either of the two, I'm an Advent)... Enforcers and Soldiers have their roles switched. I thought that Enforcers were supposed to tank, due to their large amounts of health, and that soldiers were supposed to do more damage. However, when I looked at the nano lines, Enforcer nanos are better for dealing damage (Challenger lines has +damage and attack skills), while Soldiers have better defensive abilities (AC buffs, Mirror Shields).

In my opinion, if Enforcers are going to get a lesser Mirror Shield, Soldiers should get a lesser Challenger line.

But that's just me...

Enforcers are and will remain the best tanks in game.
    High lvl Enf - Doc combo => Can tank Tarasque.
    High lvl Soldier - Doc combo => Can tank Tarasque, as long as MK is running.

BUT if Tarasque decides to switch target to, lets say the doc, then the Soldier is f00ked, if MK runs out, and it most likely will (as Tarasque has a HUGE amount of HP), Soldier is f00ked too. Same goes for high lvl boss mobs.

Dont believe me? Do the test yourselves and get a well equipped, well skilled enforcer to lvl 160+, u will see what i mean.
    Belgian Linolea Beer, General of Storm
    Fat Nofx Mike, Storm

(Stay) Don't think
    (Home) Drink your wine
    (Be) Watch the fire burn
    (Safe) His problems not mine
    Just be that model citizen

Shameless Self-Promotion: Lino's Fan"Art" : AO meets Southpark

Wrong.

1) A soldier on selfbuffs with a Doc healing is the best combo.

2) A doc with soldier reflect with a Doc healing is the second best combo

3) Enf on their own buffs will have a nice hard time tanking tarasque. Trust me.

4) I say beam is the best Enforcer weapon. I also say that the Strong North Wind Katana - Mentioned in Adv forums (30-519(390) 2.2/2.2 - Cold dmg)

Is the best melee weapon in the game (if it makes it into the game) by far.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast