Thread: Newland Council Declares Intent to Create City Militia

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Newland Council Declares Intent to Create City Militia

Newland Council Declares Intent to Create City Militia
    Newland City, IRRK

Late this afternoon, Newland City Council publicly declares acceptance of JAME equipment contract, and begins recruiting efforts for the Cities new Defense Force.

Below is the statement by Councilman Tharno in it's entirety.

Good afternoon.

It is with great pleasure that I stand before you today. After many months of discussion, investigation, and careful deliberation, the Council of the Independent City of Newland, at this time declares our intent to create a City Militia. A Militia OF and FOR the citizens of our City.

We will take the protection of our homes, loved ones, assets, and most importantly, our lives... into our OWN hands. We formally accept the services offered by JAME to this effort. With equipment and training provided by the advanced, and rugged frontiersmen of JAME, and staffed by our own determined citizens, our Newland City Militia will maintain peace and order for generations to come.

Thank you for your time. Good day.
    This is truly the moment that many neutral citizens have been waiting for, the public declaration by the City Council to remove the mercenaries, and instate a new defense force.
    The Militia of Newland is presently accepting applications. Contact the City Office of Administration for an application and instructions.

Newland City Wants YOU!
    Last edited by Cz; Feb 6th, 2004 at 10:37:37.

Dr. Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu:

Congratulations to the city of Newland, all the scheming and behind the scenes disasters that went into this project. This is truly a terrific announcement, and a great day in the history of Newland.

Let us hope that the scars on this program do not come back to haunt Newland.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Kithrak smiles contently at hearing the news of the Newland City Council's decision. It has been a little over 4 months since the Newland Guard Initative first came into existance and much has happened. The administrator felt bittersweet at what it cost him see the initative get this far. As a tribute to those Neutral, Omni-Tek, and Clan citizens that have worked tirelessly to make this about he made a timeline to aid in trying to make sense of it all.

History of the Newland Guard(s) Initative - Atlantean Sector
    Sep 26, 29477 - The Borealis Charity event that started it all(on Atlantean)
    Sep 28, 29477 - First mention of Newland Guard Initative
    Oct 11, 29477 - First public meeting for the Newland Guard Initative
    Oct 20, 29477 - RUR announces intent to create a droid as replacement to Loren Warr and her Hired Thugs.
    Nov 13, 29477 - First Flier for the Newland Guard Initative
    Dec 03, 29477 - Nanomage Environmental Suit project revealed to public.
    Dec 05, 29477 - Omni-Tek saboteurs hired by a mercenary group steals Nanomage Environmental Suit project data to use as ransom to halt further support of the NGI by Omni-Tek employees.
    Dec 10, 29477 - Call sent for efforts to recover stolen data.
    Dec 15, 29477 - Stolen research data recovered in joint Omni/Clan effort.
    Dec 22, 29477 - Loren's first hints of retaliation if further attempts were made to remove them.
    Dec 28, 29477 - Circle G and RUR make bid attempt to provide a robotic police force for Newland City.
    Dec 31, 29477 - Rumors of Newland City Council's fear of Loren Warr's retaliation confirmed.
    Jan 09, 29478 - RUR demos their robotic guard the ST50 GuardMaster G in bid for possible NLC defense contract.
    Jan 10, 29478 - IRRK runs article on NGI.
    Jan 15, 29478 - Uncle Bazzit Foundry presents the Mega-Bazzitron Mk1 in competition with RUR.
    Jan 20, 29478 - Another mystery bid surfaces for possible NLC defense contract.
    Feb 02, 29478 - NLC Council member announces a City Defenders Proposal at a public meeting.
    Feb 03, 29478 - Loren Warr attacked the NLC Council announcement meeting.
    Feb 03, 29478 - Phillip Ross, OTRK CEO donates 100 million to the NGI.
    Feb 03, 29478 - RUR temparily relocates from Newland City to Harrys from fear of the town's growing instabilities.
    Feb 04, 29478 - NLC Council announces the intent to create a militia force to defend the city.

History of the Newland Guard(s) Initative - Rimor Sector
    Sep 24, 29477 - First talks of trying to remove Loren Warr from Newland.
    Nov 14, 29477 - Atlantean and Rimor sector efforts merge. Itel's efforts end from fraustration with NLC Council's lack of response.

Author's note: I have attempted to list the events for the NGI that transpired in chronological order. If there is an omission or error please contact me privately for changes/additions.

Revision 3 - Added additional events, starting Rimor timeline.
    Revision 2 - Corrected year for dates.
    Revision 1 - First version made available.
    Last edited by Kithrak; Feb 5th, 2004 at 23:37:14.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Nice archive, Mr. Houston. Might I recommend it getting it's own thread on the comm list and being saved ((rooted)) for posterity. That way, newcomers to Rubi-Ka can be well informed on the situation.
    Michael "Talonarr" Hawke
    Clan Adventurer
    Dual Resident of Borealis/Jobe

The Choice

Making History can be downright costly, both in terms of time and resources, to those in the spotlight and outside it.

But all in all, I am most pleased to see that the Newland City Council responding, even if it has taken some time.

I will be watching more closely now that things are starting to happen.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I want to Help.

I Omni and my word of honor requires that I stay loyal to Omni-Tek but I would like to offer my services to the Newland City Milita as a Small arms instructor and Basic first aid as well. I will donate my time and skills for free if Newland Milita will accept my offer.
    John "Blackswords" Rm
    Boardmember of Omni-Mining
    Adventurer

I would also like to offer my assistance in this fine initiative. With Newland City being on the very border against Cyborg controled areas, it is important the Militia learns how to fight them, and that is something i know a great deal about. I can also instruct in Assault Rifles and Heavy Weapons operation and maintainance.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Banishedsoul at your service Newland!

Any vigilante's will get a taste of my Mudurlugu!

(And i can help put the Trade community back up, help restore any shops or so that might be damaged during any fights.)
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

As mentioned in the press statement released earlier, Omni-InternOps provides full support to the Newland City Council and the Newland Guard Initiative. It is our hope that true neutrality can be returned to this city that was once a center of commerce.

((Btw Kithrak, I'm pretty sure (although could be wrong) that the year is now 29479, and last year was 29478.))
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

((According to the Janurary Community News the year is currently 29478, meaning last year was 29477. Changeing that now.))
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

((Good call.))
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

I would be honored to help the good citizens of Newland. Hereby offering my help at target practise and ambush strategy.
    Lovly to see a important town rise to its feet again.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Mrevil speaking

Newland city should be Most grateful to have Loreen Warr and Omni presence in the city. You are citizens of Omni-Tek and requires supervision from Omni-Tek.

Trying to break loose from omni-tek will just cause yourselves a great deal of damage from the rebels that targets your civilians and that can reach you with but one wompajump from Tir.

There are great powers that will work for Newland to accept its citizenship as an Omni.

Expect that this little backstabbing from your council will be met with same force many rebel-leaders will encounter within the week.
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

Do I for once detect a spark of something seeming like an own will among the neutrals of Rubi-Ka, no more swassing around for either Clan or Omni-Tek?

However, I doubt those sad little Omni Tek employees who fear that us big bad clanners will now once again ravage Newland City, need to fear, since your ever friendly little baby sitter Boss Ross has made sure to fund some of it, and I very sincerely doubt he is doing it out of goodwill.

Sad to say I do miss Newland City, It was quite a nice place, I especially miss them swims in the lake outside, the ocassional bite or two from all them fishes in the water, etc etc. Hopefully with this new initiative, might be true justice will be prevailing in newland city, rather than the corporate justice of Omni-Tek.

And a little thought, every rebellion has a cause. We, the clans are the rebellion, and Omni-Tek is the cause of the rebellion. You can direspect us clans as much as you like, but the fact remains, you brought this rebellion unto yourselves. I take pride in all the degoratry remarks said about us clanners, especially from Omni-Tek personell, because it means we are hurting you, and we are not something you can brush aside and pretend does not exist. This being said in regard to certain individuals continuous degoratory remarks against us clans. But by all means, keep them coming.
    Once Leet, Always Leet.

Originally posted by Mrevil
    Newland city should be Most grateful to have Loreen Warr and Omni presence in the city. You are citizens of Omni-Tek and requires supervision from Omni-Tek.

Trying to break loose from omni-tek will just cause yourselves a great deal of damage from the rebels that targets your civilians and that can reach you with but one wompajump from Tir.

There are great powers that will work for Newland to accept its citizenship as an Omni.
    And this is why I am affiliated with Clans. Nobody needs this sort of patronizing behavior lording over them. The citizens of Newland have spoken, and they don't want Omni rule over them in any form. Your miguided "help" just shows that you have no respect for neutrality, and you seem to think that the neutral territories are simply another Omni resource to use against those who outwardly choose to not be a part of Omni anymore.

The corporation feeds you the lie that this world is a resource to be utilized and controlled. That lie will destroy you in the end. That is the lie that I stand against.
    Michael "Talonarr" Hawke
    Clan Adventurer
    Dual Resident of Borealis/Jobe

The Choice

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

More ICC Incompetence

More ICC Incompetence
    IRRK Special Report

In a prime example of efficiency, the ICC sends the wrong military officer to the wrong planet, with the wrong orders. Lt. Col. Calahan of the ICC Protectorate responds to this situation.

In another blinding moment of ICC Bureaucratic oversight and mismanagement, a 'Commander Grant' had been sent to Rubi-ka with incorrect transfer orders.

Lieutenant Colonel Harry 'Pancer' Calahan quoted the following this morning from his office at Protectorate HQ.

Yes, there was a mix-up in this instance. The officer in question's orders were accidentally switched with another ICC Officers, and the orders were incorrect.

I had requested another officer, a Major of the ICC Army, not a Naval Officer attaché. So obviously things got rather mixed up.

I'll briefly read the new order set.

Attention to orders.

The Secretary of the ICC Protectorate Army has expressed special confidence and trust in Captain Jacob Tog, who has demonstrated exceptionally meritorious service during his assignment as Commanding Officer, Mars Governmental Policy Association Company Alpha Three Zero Zero Six.

In his time there he was responsible for increased efficiency and helped the planets government to adhere to ICC Policy during the duration of his command.

In recognition of his excellent service, Captain Jacob Tog is hereby promoted to Major, and assigned to Lieutenant Colonel Calahan's Peacekeeper Regiment, Rubi-ka, as Senior Policy Auditor.

Major Tog's achievements are in accordance with the highest traditions of the ICC Military, and reflect great honor on him, his soldiers, and the ICC.

Effective 06 Feb 29478.
    Hopefully this new Audit Officer can clear things up with the ICC Garrison on Rubi-ka... that is, if the ICC can get this NEW officer's orders right. The Naval Commander has been relieved of duty on Rubi-ka and reposted elsewhere.
    Last edited by Xnemth; Feb 7th, 2004 at 02:22:57.

Dr. Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu:

Incompetent, indeed. They should ship the rest of the ICC officers off RK with this "Grant" fellow.

(( OOC: ROTFLMAO ))
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

As my old Sarge used to say "SNAFU´s will happen, and on a regular basis."
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.