Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The role of Neutrals

shops

I think one of the strangest thing about being neutral is the way that Omni and Clanner traders (I'm refering to Store Terminals and NPC Merchants here) will not sell to you.

Surely the neutrals should be able to purchase from either sides merchants - either that or make it so that if an object is flagged as Neutral then it can only be used by players with a faction of Neutral. I don't want to crowd out the many nice Omni and Clanner players in NLC - but fair's fair after all!

7).

with the defence of territory automacticly comes attack.
    we must attack to take territoy, and we must attack to take back a plot taken from us.

i cannot see how we are to be able to take a primarily defensive posistion with land control, but time will tell

Re: shops

Originally posted by b33rgut
    I think one of the strangest thing about being neutral is the way that Omni and Clanner traders (I'm refering to Store Terminals and NPC Merchants here) will not sell to you.

Surely the neutrals should be able to purchase from either sides merchants - either that or make it so that if an object is flagged as Neutral then it can only be used by players with a faction of Neutral. I don't want to crowd out the many nice Omni and Clanner players in NLC - but fair's fair after all!
    We don't work for the company so we can't shop at the company store. Nothing strange with that.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "objects flagged as neutral". The only thing I can think of that's neut only is the ICC skinchip, and afaik that can't be used by clanners or OT employees.

LOOTER 73.3%
    THIEF 46.7%
    SCAMMER 40.0%
    KILLER 40.0%

Neutrals of Rubi-Ka ¤ Neutral locations - by RoboKa

Clan and OT can use neutral shops and terms, but don't return the favor. Part of FC's desire to force a choice. Like there is no Neutral OOC, just Neut Newbie OOC and that vanishs after level 10.

If this game is all about anarchy, then neutral is the way to go. Beholden to no one. OT is corporate rule, Clan is commitee rule. Both have drawn up their exclusion zones. FC loves you so conform!

#11: Neutrals are often the target of Slayerdroids, Bountryhunters and pretty much any OT or Clan personell that feels like getting their rocks off making neutrals lose levels worth of XP for fun. Ammusingly, there are many, mnay, many slayerdroids around in low level (50ish) hunting zones.

I'd like to see an official response on that. After all, if some Omni was walking through Omni-trade and got blasted by an elite guard there would be an uproar! Sadly though, there is little likelyhood of an uproar when you are neutral, as 10 people do not make for an uproar.

i wanted to be neutral

I joined the colony as an Omni-Tek employee, but after my initial shell-shock of a week or so, I realized that many Omni-Tek people indiscriminately shoot others on sight. A Clan member convinced me that Omni-Tek was corrupt. I mean, I believe in a rigid structure of laws, but I don't believe in the complete lack of fairness towards the mine workers. I realized that while not all of the Omni-Tek employees are so prejudiced, the organization as a whole needed to be restructured.

But, I was unprepared to join the Clans. During the same week, I saw that many Clan members resort to violence and terrorism. I honestly feel that a peaceful solution should be attempted first and all this fighting with no questions asked is not productive.

Alas, I was not allowed to be neutral. And the game broke my suspension of disbelief and the story I was creating with my character. I was hoping to help foster peace between the warring factions. Forcing me to choose a side, after becoming disillusioned with both is regretable.

Now I'm a Clanner, but I will always judge a person by his or her actions, not by their affiliation, and I suppose my next step is to find a Clan group which has the same views as me - that violence is not the answer.

OOC: As a new player, tell me if I'm just deluding myself. So far the game seems kind of combat oriented. I find I *have* to kill things in order to gain xp. Sure I could team and just heal people, but I really wanted some talking and fetch type missions. The missions where you do find something or repair something are not viable since the reward for non-violent means is far lower than the reward you get if you kill everyone.

McDanger

make zimmy able to PvP neutrals in 25% zones... mmmkkaaaaay...;D
    whats this "same side"-junkie thingy that pops up when i try attackin their base? ;o suxxes. I could've soloed that thing with Sadist !

i wanna kill more neuts.. they're.. hippies.. and.. cheerful.. its like.. eek.. i hope non of my guild is viewing this.. ;o

o yes

you can kill me any time u want

o damn ur to low ))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12