Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Engineers in society

Keep it coming Hal, funny stuff
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002
    Rubber "Premortem" Stabducky - TL5 :: 7 Opifex Shade

On extended leave... Awaiting Lost Eden I guess

Arcane Circle

WoW: Premortem, Night Elf Rogue, Draenor EU Server

Oh mAN Hal - THats too funny!

I'm so glad your in our guild bud - I need a guru for my engie ALt and you have enlightened me!
    Krazyazzcdn: Engie looking for tradeskills to rival the gods
    Doomcratcdn : A Combat Crat - death & destruction in triplicate.
    Doomfarercdn : Soldat in hopes of Ubehness
    Doomsnipecdn : The cheeky little bugger whose hidden in the weeds..

Dovie' andi se tovya sagain.....

Omg doom? You didn't tell me you were on these forums! Hah! Where you been hiding
    Halouk - 205 Atrox Eng RK2
    Goodbye AO. I'll miss ya.
    Guide to Engineers in Society.

Dear Diary...
    Eng lft Part 2
    Yes I'm biased.

<<Bye everyone>>

Wink ROFL

Very very funny Hal

Wish it wasn't so true

Only bit i think was missing, was the oh and dont forget that your freindly engineer can spawn his pets all fully buffed up, just by clicking on the shell, so there's absolutley no need to wait for to tell you they are rdy before you go pulling that first mob, as he is so ubah that of course he will be rdy when you pull those forst three mobs down on them.

Great work! That's how it works, unfortunatly. *applause and sniff while giggling away after the guffaw*
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

LOL

I haven't been an engineer for very long, but already I know half of that is so true.

You should really put a disclaimer on this for new people like me. For a few moments I was taking it seriously! <laughs>

A disclaimer to people eating, drinking or doing anything that might involve choking while laughing and reading this might be a good idea as well.

<screwdriver salute!!>
    Last edited by Maichen; Mar 19th, 2004 at 09:02:48.
    Famous Last Words of Maichen the Keeper.

"WTH is that...lets go see."

Smacking down Redeemed and taking names in the name of...something.

and always remember, engineers have absolutely limitless inventory space, so if you want them to build your full set of implants for you, remember to hand them ALL the clusters and basic imps at once. for no reason should you put them in a bag, this will simply confuse them.
    Any engi that asks you to please put them in a bag or hand them to him a couple at a time is obviously a total noob who hasnt discovered the 'Expand Inventory By 2000%' button on his shortcut bar.

(oh and the best request i ever had as an engi: 'could you make a higher version of this Cheap Division 9 Plasmaprojector for me?')

Ubahnizzz part II

What is really important to understand about your extremely high level engineers is that once we break through the 200 barrier and delve deep into the shadowlands our desires change!

No longer does the engineer want or need a big, huge, tanking slayerdroid! Nononono, that would be for those ubah gimpy people who have never made it into the promised lands of sunbathing where you can ride dragons and play with battletoads! What we have found out in our research of the lands is that the best thing to do is rather than utterly destroy mobs piece by piece is that style is much more en vogue!

Because making 5 gem arul saba bracers is a laughing matter once you are lvl 201 our goal at this point is to just look damn cool. Unfortunately, while engineering the best looking creation on the face of Rubi-Ka we had to use a corrosive black spray paint on the original Slayerdroid causing it to diminish in size and weakening it claws in such a way that one doesn't have electrical nodes anymore thus eliminating our energy damage while the other has grown soft and only tickles the hecklers with melee slaps.

So don't put up with your local engi trying to go for style by using that spray paint, demand that he make his ql200 bot because obviously the lower level one is and should be better. Be sure the stylish engi is punished severly by asking him questions like "Doesn't that spray paint make the bot stronger?" and use expressions like "Pfft, I don't believe that you can do less damage with a higher slayer". The real way to show you love your engi buddies is to say "OMG, j00r b0t l00k5 5oooooo c00li0 d3wD! c00d j00 g0 to anutta t3am n0w cuz 1 d0n wanna G3T pwnz0red by j00!"
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Oh yeah, dude, where's my signed screwdriver? I want to hang it in the semi-retired engi lounge with Call and Raideas!
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Updated - check edit notes

Dear Diary...
    Eng lft Part 2
    Yes I'm biased.

<<Bye everyone>>

So an adv asks me if I can make Carbonum.
    I've never done that, since I don't have that pppppppppe.
    But I said: "Ok, I can try with my screwdriver. Not sure if it will work though."
    I got a carbonum plate, and the adv says: "I want boots."

I said "That is not enough, check www.anachyarcanum.com to see what more you need."

Answer of that adv: "Go see yourself, you are the engie. Give me back my plate."

sigh...

loool
    gonna start engie myself now : )))

Halouk u doing great job damn id like to see your posts everyday : )) keep them coming

Argh about bloody time I updated this.. I'll work on it tonight

Dear Diary...
    Eng lft Part 2
    Yes I'm biased.

<<Bye everyone>>

Posts like this make me want to recreate my engie from RK1 just to see how many funny comments I can rack up.
    (@Cz) "heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, key quest, key quest (repeat)"
    Me (today): "ARRGH! Oooh a snake! A robotic snaaaake!"

Aeshira Corvall, The Darkemperor: Proto-Ubah Crat General of Seraphim Cleric
    Eternal teammate, of Vanyl formerly known as "ILikeSwords".

Coiner of the phrase "Generation Hecks, er HX. . ." Ah whatever.

ROFLMAO

Great thread Halouk!!!

I know you covered this but I must say it again to make sure people SEE it!

All engies have tons of IP to put in tradeskills, 2-3 times more than the average player.
    So when you ask an engie what EE, ME and QFT they have, if it is not enough call them a gimp or /moon or noob, something to let them know you appreciate them stopping to answer you. OOoooOOOooo...
    Also tips for tradeskilling? Have you people ever heard of em? Yes PPPEs are easy to obtain, cheap to buy and every engie has tons of cash. We do not need armor, ncus, weapons, and other assorted items, remeber, our slayerbot is easy to roll and is soooo uber, we can run around naked behind him looting everything (we never get aggro).

LOL Sorry for the vent but I recently made 3 sets of armor for 2 people.
    1st person (really nice and considerate) wanted a full set of ql 90 carbon armor made. Never asked how long until I was done or really make any comment at all. After I was done, I gave him his set of armor. He said tyvm and tipped me 400k.
    I think this guy had an engie alt
    2nd person (during the wonderful 3 year aniversarry chat upgrade) asked me to make 2 sets of ql 80 carbon. After losing chat again, I pointed to the bank to motion him over there, I got my items to craft. He hands me 2 bags one with carbon, one with nothing. I give him back the empty bag and make the first set. While I am making the armor, he must have made a /shrug macro to approve that is should of only taken 5 seconds to make a set of armor. I give him back the armor, and (chat being back up for 5 seconds) ask hime to give me other set of carb. At this point he runs away /me scratches my head. I send him a tell stating that I only made one and if he wants the other made to come back. He responds with "I am such an idiot, thanks". I proceed to make the 2nd pair. After I am done, I give the armor back to him, and receive a 20k tip. I wanted to shoot him then myself, I should have known better.
    I am sure people have funnier stories but had to vent, now I feel better and I am open for insults like "you do not have 1400 B&E at 174???? Sucha gimp"
    Thanks Halouk for the thread and the place to vent

BIG Update.

Bump. Check update notes on post.

Dear Diary...
    Eng lft Part 2
    Yes I'm biased.

<<Bye everyone>>

Originally posted by Halouk
    The MP's will take over! This is a warning to everyone with the superb eyesight to be able to read this, or the brains to copy and paste it somewhere else. I am making a device to take out the MP's. I call it nerfing. My good friend, FunCom has hacked the grid and "nerfed" them. But remain vigilant. They will always be there... ready to take over.
    Well, golly! I sure feel like Spreading Teh Love with mochams to all you kind Engineerin' folks that worked so hard to "nerf" us MPs!

To that end, since you love mochams so much... you'll get a mocham, oh yes you will. A Sense Imp mocham, each and every time I see you. Just got your CI, and you're set for four hours? Well, here's a big 'old dose of SI Mocham Lovin'! Whooyah!

< Of course I'm not serious, I thoroughly enjoyed the post and I look forward to more updates! >
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

joke

? was this thing a joke? or do we really get that bag at start up, it sounds neat, and cool, but my engie Krow on RK-2 didnt get one of these!!!

I will take a signed screwdriver as well & a "Halouk Tattoo", if it exists!

I'm only Lvl 19 and just did my first Carb Armor Auction yesterday. I must say it went rather well. So for, I have only met 3 buyers, all polite.

I fear when I will meet up with The Others .

Keep your posts coming! Makes me literally LOL. Nice work.

- Scanthes
    Scanthes Engineer -- "Engineer by Trade, Rocker by Choice!"
    Ebiito Doctor-- "Hi, Ebiito. Can you heal me?"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Both Members of Angels of the Night ~Clan/Rimor~
    Join us!

nice to see you back Halouk...hope everything turned up ok in RL for you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast