Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A simple solution to fix AO.

A simple solution to fix AO.

Sell it...

seriously...sell AO to a game company that acctually knows how to fix bugs and flaws without bringing on new ones then turning around and claiming nothings wrong or it's the players fault...

I'm not going to suggest companies, but think of the most popular MMORPG's and there you go.

*ouch*

that's gotta hurt..............

As much as they hear it, I doubt it stings at all anymore...
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....
    Durtycalm - 060|05|14 - Crat .| Doctor - 56|16|220 - Durtyheals....
    Gaara - 110|11|28 - Meta .| Keeper - 58|20|220 - Tsuyoi....
    Durtysnipe - 076|08|21 - Agent |. Fixer - 60|18|213 - Durtymeep......

ya srsly Funkom you likes needs to make 100% perfect code or somtin or djust give da game away you know what i mean there?

Really though they have been fixing bugs. You should have seen the game when it came out after beta. You could not even get through the big cities without crashing!

BTW: If you actually read the patch notes you would know that they are fixing things constantly.

yes however....

Quote Originally Posted by Kazurik
    ya srsly Funkom you likes needs to make 100% perfect code or somtin or djust give da game away you know what i mean there?

Really though they have been fixing bugs. You should have seen the game when it came out after beta. You could not even get through the big cities without crashing!

BTW: If you actually read the patch notes you would know that they are fixing things constantly.

agreed they are fixing the code and code always has some bugs.

But they ain't fixing the lag...can't even reproduce it or confirm it's happening worse than "normal"

Another solution is to make the source code open source. Or just buy a freaking profiling tool and use it to find the performance problems.
    Omni (RK1)

Devil's Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by damon7
    agreed they are fixing the code and code always has some bugs.

But they ain't fixing the lag...can't even reproduce it or confirm it's happening worse than "normal"

All they've told us on the lag is: "It's the players client, not our servers"

as for the code...I suppose the front page of the launcher says "Coders wanted!" for nothing?

at this rate AO won't last, better and better MMORPGS will keep being released by other companies and more and more people will keep leaving AO to go to them, sure some people will still play, but if the number gets to low, Funcom won't get enough income off them to keep servers running.

If you sell the game to one of the larger company's that has one of the more "popular" MMORPGs, the company will most likely implement game changes that made the other games popular. e.g they will simplify it to appeal to the lowest common denominator among MMORPG players and it could end up being a sci fi version of WoW. I'd rather see the game go the way of the dodo tbh then to see it end up like that. There is also no guarantee that anything would be fixed. Bigger does not equal better.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I agree its not the solution, but this game has bugs that have been left unattended for YEARS, is it any wonder people suggest things like this?
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

I don't honestly think lag can be fixed, and here's why: lag isn't a "bug" in AO, programmers never accidently "created" lag. Also, it's a random occurance; it's true, you can't reproduce lag (save for AI cities, but that's because of rich visuals) Now, a simple server overhaul would probably be the solution, but one patch can't fix lag.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Anyone wanna start a pool on when the thread is closed, all of our accounts banned, and a giant man eating walrus released in newland, old athen, and rome?
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

Besides who would they sell it to? Blizzard? We could get night opifex and micro atrox within 2 patches!
    Remeber that atleast funcom usually makes good stuff, the inspiration/story behind this game far surpasses anything else out there, and that even though it has some buggs, its still a pretty good game.
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker
    Besides who would they sell it to? Blizzard? We could get night opifex and micro atrox within 2 patches!
    Remeber that atleast funcom usually makes good stuff, the inspiration/story behind this game far surpasses anything else out there, and that even though it has some buggs, its still a pretty good game.
    Bump!

No one can make the story for AO the same way FC can. The story for the next expansion would probably be something like "The citizens of RK are tossed into a fantasy world and must find a way to get out!" without the kewl story-people
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Shhh, the forum nazis are coming!!!

yeah this thread will get closed soon
    cause any sign of uprising in FC's customers scares them to death, because they are too lazy to actually do anything for us

god forbid we actually see their faults and come together in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    "The citizens of RK are tossed into a fantasy world and must find a way to get out!" without the kewl story-people

or in other words...shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat
    at this rate AO won't last, better and better MMORPGS will keep being released by other companies and more and more people will keep leaving AO to go to them,
    Haha, you think that won't happen if each and every bug is fixed? 'Cause that's what you're saying..
    Sorry to have to break it to you, but these games come and go. Once AO's time is up it'll go the way of the dodo and we'll all go elsewhere.
    In fact, this is just what we spent all that time tellin Graan, AO will have a good run and then it'll fade away. Not in a week, not in a month, despite his Graph of Truth, but in a year or two..

esides, I agree: selling AO will do nothing but kill it quicker. Any company taking it over will implement what made their game popular or fekk it up beyond al reason if they have no experience in these games.

The lag, besides not being a bug, will take a while to fix, in all likelihood: the faulty HW prolly caused some other tweaks to be made and the new HW has caused the server park to need retweaking. Only a complete fool will tweak all the handles at once..
    At least, that's the usual sequence of event in cases like this. *shrug*
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

I posted this in regards to the texturing issues with ATI cards, but feel it applies here too, sorry to be redundant, but Im not terribly creative.

[QUOTE=Dabbenfelth] I tried just about every modern MMO out there, WoW runs gorgeous, but looks a lil too cartoony and the content would probably make Tolkien nauseous. For me it level caps too quickly, as its geared towards the more casual gamer. Guild Wars runs great on new and old machines alike, looks great, actually has balanced PvP content, however I found the PvM content lackluster. DDO, good concept but the instancing is frustrating and limited the social aspect of community. EQ2, looks good, ran decent, but lacks the Sci-Fi aspect Im looking for and lacks the personalized distrubution of "IPs". I cant even begin to describe the lameness of EvE, it has no content in my opinion, RF is the only real option, and AO has lost alot of good players to it, but it still lacks the customization and depth of content AO has.

In short, what keeps us coming back, through all the lag, through all the "fixes", through issues like this....there isnt another game out there with as much potential for what most of us are looking for, we have a great and knowledgable community, and we are attached to our characters we worked so hard for. However, given enough obstacles, eventualy these things will take thier toll if we keep getting quick fixes, instead of a real update. I hope the Devs keep AO in thier hearts and dont abandon it in favor of the newer FC games in development. Keep AO young, you know you want it
    Last edited by Dabbenfelth; Apr 19th, 2006 at 13:22:42.
    Dabbenfelth, 204/8 Enforcer, and proud leader of "Wikid Intent"

how come the waaaaaaambulance is always parked in here?

/quit ya big baby!
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Quote Originally Posted by aindrei
    Another solution is to make the source code open source
    are you ****ing kidding, lets just set a bunch of 15 year olds that have been gullible enough to believe that open source is "good" on our ****ing game
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast